Name and Avatar

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
Spaz
Fembot Central Staff
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by Spaz » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:35 pm

Not that it means much, But I watch Star Trek and I like to have my screen names be a rank from Star Trek, preferably a high one. I have benn Commodore2a and Admiral2a. The 2a is because on most sites, the names Admiral and Commodore are already taken. The only rank I havent used is Captain. I don't have a robot name.
Check out my stories: https://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles: Season Two | The Doctor is in - The Clinic (In progress...)

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:38 pm

Oh, I forgot. My avatar is from a movie called "Not Quite Human 2", which is pretty much the first movie I had seen with a female android and is probably what clued me that I had a thing for female robots.

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles: Season Two | The Doctor is in - The Clinic (In progress...)

xodar

Post by xodar » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:10 pm

Xodar is the name of a character in one of E. R. Burroughs' martian ("Barsoomian") novels, probably The Gods of Mars. I forget now whether he was a good guy or a bad guy -- but he was from the bad guys' side.
I use the name sometimes because it is comparatively rare though not unheard of online and it looks good. No other significance.
"You can believe me, because I never lie and I'm always right." -- George Leroy Tirebiter.
If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to hear it I don't give a rat's ass.
http://www.bbotw.com/product.aspx?ISBN=0-7414-4384-8
http://www.bbotw.com/description.asp?ISBN=0-7414-2058-9

jolshefsky

Post by jolshefsky » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:08 pm

My screen name is first-initial/last-name as you might find anywhere (see my thread on who you are in real life). My avatar is from my original screen name of Vincent, the conscientious, self-aware robot from Disney's The Black Hole. It predates my (knowingly) sexual interest in robots ... I was so sad when Vincent died.
May your deeds return to you tenfold,

--- Jason Olshefsky

tinyspider

Post by tinyspider » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:00 pm

My screen name is Latin for "Related to spiders", kinda hard to pronounce it in english but it represents one of my interests. The avatar, well... says it all

Karel

Post by Karel » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:32 pm

My screen name is Karel as in "Karel Čapek" (I actually became a member in 2002 as "Kapek," but I never posted under that name, so I guess Noidguy deleted it).

My screenshot is taken from "Annihilator." It's Noidguy's capture, from the Gynoid Gallery, which I thought was appropriate; the Gallery was the first thing ASFR related that I stumbled across on the Internet, years and years ago, long before FC, and I've been a fan ever since.

I was actually surprisingly impressed with "Annihilator," when I finally got to watch it off of dementedLuke's FTP. Obviously, as a whole, it was silly and derivative, but the actors were really quite good, and it had spunk! It certainly had its moments, like, most memorably, that beating the hero got after fleeing his co-worker's apartment building.

Anyway, compressed down to 90 by 74 pixels, it's a very degraded image, which allows you to read a lot into it yourselves. It's monochrome, which works well for such a small picture, and the figures are framed by a simple geometric shape, which is always aesthetically pleasing. In a way, it's supposed to stand for you, assuming the technological point of view, actually looking at me, which is why I didn't choose a picture of a fembot.

minkwheel

Post by minkwheel » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:11 am

"minkwheel" comes from a comedy bit by STAN FREBERG a long time ago about 'HI FI" recording.... to hear the highs and lows of sound thru hi fi technology, he had several things brought to the mike on a flat truck that had fur on it's wheels..... with the comment 'THERE'S NOTHING SOFTER THAN A MINK WHEEL" ---my original name for anything "internetty" was 'BILLUSTRATOR" ...but since that was taken already, I figured that no one in their right mind would pick MINKWHEEL.....and so, in being not of the right mind................... --it's minkwheel. ---oh, and the "from my heart and from my hand bit below, comes from my buds 'OINGO BOINGO" in their song 'WEIRD SCIENCE" ---but that ref is a bit more obvious.
...From my HEART and from my HAND
WHY don't people understand my intentions?

tectile

Post by tectile » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:12 am

My screen name is just a play on the word tactile. Relating to the sense of touch. I'm someone who likes to touch technology, hence "tectile".

I saw a kids show or a comic strip, I can't remember wich that featured a depressed robot. It stuck in my mind and I just did an image search for "sad robot" and found my little guy.
Nothing particularly clever, that's just the way I chose my screen name and avatar. I'm still quite happy with them both.

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:25 am

My new username represents my nickname and my alterego. Mostly, since I have ADHD, Spaz is who I am and that name better represents me than a Rank in Star Trek. Although, who doesn't enjoy pulling rank?

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:43 pm

Name is related to me and my desire in life, just put the 2 together!

The avatar pic I found ages ago (along with 4 others of the same lady) on a site I have long since forgotten the name of. I only know I wish I had her looks and body.
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

fection

Post by fection » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:11 pm

I'm pretty obsessed with perfection, so 'fection' is somewhere between that and 'infection', which is sometimes how this little interest seems to me. My avatar is a thumbnail of a pic I drew of 'Candy', the voluptuous bimbot featured in most of my stories.

T-elos/Thurosis

Post by T-elos/Thurosis » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:43 pm

my name have two meanings

T-Elos is the a (super sexy) android from Xenosaga 3 (She is one of my fav.)
the other half of my nickname "Thurosis" is a knight (and main Character) from my fantasy manga

i changed my nickname to "T-elos/Thurosis" because in other forums many people know me as "Thurosis" so I add Thurosis to my name here
~Everything is learnable! It only depends on the efforts that you give yourself!~

~ take a look at my at my Gallery :D http://www.thurosis.deviantart.com ~

RancidInsanity

Post by RancidInsanity » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:33 pm

My username has a long history. So two or so years ago me and my friend were playing Tony Hawk's Underground 2 (back when it was new) and I was trying to think of a cool username for this game called runescape. So I said outloud, I should just like combine two things I like and have that be my username. At the time we were playing/talking a song by the band called Rancid was playing and I had just bought a new Kirby game for my gameboy advance. I made the name Rancidkirby. When I read about robot fettishism I thought I must be insane so I combined THAT with Rancid. and I don't have an avatar. :P
...Nolo Contendere

~?

Post by ~? » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:38 pm

This is a niffty topic, so I guess I'll chime in.

I've always liked question marks and things associated with them, so I guess the ? refers to one of the cooler comic characters ever devised, the Question. I'm talking about the objectivist crusader created by the great Ditko, not the Zen version that Denny O'Neil foisted upon us. Who knows what weird shit DC has done with him since DiDildo has been at the helm.

The tilda has many uses, my intent was as it is applied in logic; to negate a proposition. Make of that what you will.

...either that or I like squiggly lines...

My avatar is usually a rotation of different actresses whose robot performance I liked.
Right now it's the Question.

~?
~?

Baron

Post by Baron » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:54 am

My name here comes from one source - my love for the old classic Universal horror films. "Baron Latos" was a psuedonym used by John Carradine's Count Dracula in the two "House Of {Frankenstein, Dracula}......." pictures that finished off Universal's Wolf Man, Dracula, and Frankenstein franchises of the 1930's/40's:

My lovely avatar? Nancy Bleier - aka Gina the Fembot from the Bionic Woman "Fembots in Las Vegas" two-parter. Seeing the first run of that show in 1976 as an impressionable 8-year-old possibly had an effect on me, but I can't say for sure........... :wink: :mrgreen:
Assemble the ladies? I didn't know that they were broken......

ISAF

Post by ISAF » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:34 am

International Security Assistance Force

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internatio ... ance_Force

my last and best military mission !!!

regards isaf

Doctor Robo

Post by Doctor Robo » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:23 am

I drew inspiration for my handle from the long and distinguished line of fictional mad scientists throughout the history of film, television, and comics. They include but are not limited to:

Dr. Frankenstein
Dr. No
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Doom
Dr. Mindbender
Dr. Evil
Dr. Emmett Brown

There are others, but those are the biggies. I thought "Dr. Robo" had a nice, simple, evil ring to it...

Windupdolluver

Post by Windupdolluver » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:44 am

The name to me is almost self-explanatory...I like the idea of falling in love with a windup doll, hence windupdollluver, My avatar that I use should be familiar to all, it's the scene from 'Get Smart' with Octavia and Hymie from the episode 'It takes One to Know One'.

mr.tobor
Technosexuality: Built

Post by mr.tobor » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:35 am

Name: mr.tobor, because tobor is robot spelled backwards...oh how clever.

Avatar: Well that is a picture of Tobor the Great (http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0047590/)

visceralpsyche

Post by visceralpsyche » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:39 am

Avatar? Don't have one! I could never sum myself up in one image...

But the name "visceralpsyche" is a play on the idea that cinema at its best speaks to both the body and the mind. We feel the raw emotion when a good film moves us but we also appreciate a movie that makes us think, both about ourselves and the world we live in.

As a result of the above line of thought, I figured it'd be a great and unique film company name that spells out my intention for my films as well as sounding cool, of course :D

mysticblueca

Post by mysticblueca » Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm

Well my avator is just a shot of some comic like figure that I liked. I think of it like my alter ego when it comes to my love of all things robotic. Lerking and ready.

Now the name is just a name for a rock band that I was a part of long ago in the grand old Calgary. It had a great mysterious name to it and really it fit anything that we cold play.

Nothing too exciting but that is why it be. 8)

ASFRyan
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Cyborg

Post by ASFRyan » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:46 pm

My user name is a realization that ASFRian is not potent sounding enough, so I adopted the Nazi-linked word "aryan" and used it as the reference for proper spelling.

thus: ASFRyan.

My avatar is a screen capture of the second Robocop 2 prototype from the film of the same name. It shows the cyborg police officer being revealed to the top OCP officials and presumably himself.

Moments later, upon realization of what he's become he rips his robotic helmet off with a scream, revealing his defleshed human skull embedded with wiring and electronics beneath, presumably killing himself in the process.

One of many moments in this film that probably have had great effect on me.
"I never knew anyone who wanted to be a robot."

Bonita772

Post by Bonita772 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:17 pm

Name: Bonita772

The name comes from Bonnie, which means "Beautiful", or "Beautiful Android". The 772 is my model #. I am primarily a domestic android, programmed for household chores, cooking, cleaning, that sort of stuff. Any mans dream wife!

Bonita772
I am not a toy. I am a very expensive piece of machinery.

dementedLuke

Post by dementedLuke » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:08 pm

I don`t, uh, know why i chose this alias, doesn`t bear much meaning other then it`s like an iceberg of my personality, you don`t see much but theres allot there. I was originally thinking about luke skywalker but i ended up with demented instead, i think... weird :wink:

Just recently uploaded an avatar. It is of Darth Nihilus from Star Wars kotor 2. Very cool game 8) recommended! Theres no underlying meaning of why i picked that avatar or the name really, it just went that way.

(Bwaha in reality it`s my evil plot to achieve some egomaniacal pleasure, since some of you started calling me DL - which is an acronym for Dark Lord!) No really i`m just joking :lol: :wink:
Nothing to see here move along!

rs5420
Technosexuality: Built

Post by rs5420 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:51 pm

RS5420 = RoboSex unit number 5420. The machine name of my first heroïne in the short stories i wrote a long time ago for my personnal fantasies, and that was long before the computer age.