self awareness vs. blank slate

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.

self awareness or blank slate

self awareness
57%
blank slate
43%

Total votes: 54

jakeCTom
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

self awareness vs. blank slate

Post by jakeCTom » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:04 pm

just curious, I know for myself I like some autonomy with my fembot, adds a unpredictable side to things. Just curious what others liked. :D

xodar

Post by xodar » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:10 am

I voted "blank slate" because I don't want to have to control anything with self-awareness, at least not more advanced than a chimp (and that only because it can be dangerous).
A certain degree of unpredictability can be programmed without self-awareness.
"You can believe me, because I never lie and I'm always right." -- George Leroy Tirebiter.
If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to hear it I don't give a rat's ass.
http://www.bbotw.com/product.aspx?ISBN=0-7414-4384-8
http://www.bbotw.com/description.asp?ISBN=0-7414-2058-9

ministrations

Post by ministrations » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:50 am

I think there's more than enough room for both. Like in Rman's stories (and many others, giving credit where due), I enjoy the interplay between bots of several different levels of autonomy and sentience.

And there's a great deal of difference between self-awareness and self-actualization.

But if I were buying one today and I had a choice, I'd want one that wasn't self-actualized, but advanced enough to fool me most of the time.

(Come to think of it, I might need to watch my wallet -- that might be more expensive in the future than buying a sentient bot...)

ratbot

Post by ratbot » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:32 am

subservient, obedient self-awareness, aka "i am a robot and i exist to serve and i am happy to serve"

confusitron!

Post by confusitron! » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:08 am

This is similar to asking whether you prefer your partner to be active or, you know, just lie there.

Doctor Robo
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by Doctor Robo » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:22 am

innarested wrote:This is similar to asking whether you prefer your partner to be active or, you know, just lie there.
That's not necessarily true. You can install thousands of sex programs into your robot and she'll know exactly how to react in any given situation without actually being 'aware' of who she is or what she's doing.

I think Xodar summed it up pretty well in his answer.
Last edited by Doctor Robo on Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:23 pm

Well OK, I look at this from a different direction but my personal thing is I'd love 'blank slate' status as that for me is the true robot state to be in. But just a little bit of me says it would be nice to be a blank state robot but be 'along for the ride' if you know what I mean. In other words totally open to control and programming, but aware of what I've become, just totally unable to do anything about it.
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

xodar

Post by xodar » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:46 pm

Stephaniebot wrote:Well OK, I look at this from a different direction but my personal thing is I'd love 'blank slate' status as that for me is the true robot state to be in. But just a little bit of me says it would be nice to be a blank state robot but be 'along for the ride' if you know what I mean. In other words totally open to control and programming, but aware of what I've become, just totally unable to do anything about it.
But that's exactly what millions of women complained their lives were like and why they wanted to escape....
"You can believe me, because I never lie and I'm always right." -- George Leroy Tirebiter.
If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to hear it I don't give a rat's ass.
http://www.bbotw.com/product.aspx?ISBN=0-7414-4384-8
http://www.bbotw.com/description.asp?ISBN=0-7414-2058-9

confusitron!

Post by confusitron! » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:25 pm

xodar wrote:
Stephaniebot wrote:Well OK, I look at this from a different direction but my personal thing is I'd love 'blank slate' status as that for me is the true robot state to be in. But just a little bit of me says it would be nice to be a blank state robot but be 'along for the ride' if you know what I mean. In other words totally open to control and programming, but aware of what I've become, just totally unable to do anything about it.
But that's exactly what millions of women complained their lives were like and why they wanted to escape....
Stephaniebot, you are setting the cause back 200 years!

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:55 pm

I only meant for me, not the whole of womankind lol!

Voluntary robotisation is all I'm asking for..........and I'm volunteering! :wink:
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

droidlvr
Banned

Post by droidlvr » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:12 am

Corny corny corny. :roll:

rs5420

Post by rs5420 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:29 pm

That's a close poll, but Florida will split that. :P

My pers fav is blank stare, but she could look very natural with refined autonomous sub-routines.

Ciepher
Technosexuality: None of your business
Identification: Cyborg

Post by Ciepher » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:04 pm

Personally, I wouldn't want to be a mindless fembot or be around too many of them. I can see that they'd have their uses and would probably be cheaper than sentient units, but I imagine they'd be incapable of some things that sentient robots would be able to do, and would probably be unsatisfying companions for many people.

Part of the fun of being a fembot for me is having a personality inside a controllable body... being frozen but wanting to be able to move, being controlled to do and say things that I'm not planning to, having programming that I must follow despite my own ideas and so on.

ehy
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by ehy » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:09 pm

Ciepher: Mmm. Yum.