Looking For "Upgrade"

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
keraptis
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by keraptis » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:19 am

Stephaniebot wrote:This is only a dig at 2 people,the rest of the people I have had contact here with are a pleasure to know,and I will miss them lots if I walk away because of this.
Yours in anger and disappointment,
Stephaniebot
So let me make sure I understand this. You are openly suggesting that people pirate independent ASFR films, and then you have the nerve to respond "in anger and disappointment" when people politely call you on it?

You say you received "Upgrade" without asking for it. If that's true, then I have no problem with you on that score ... it's BlackIce who did something unethical there. Your mistake is that you thought it was appropriate to suggest on this board that others seek out their own free copy. I think Android and I have been very civil in raising the issue to you. We gave you plenty of room to gracefully apologize for the misunderstanding. Instead you decided to act like a child, calling us "desperate for a few dollars" and expressing distaste for the film itself. Funny, when you were offering free copies of it, I don't recall you saying that people shouldn't bother ... but now the tune has changed.

Seriously, you should rethink how you've responded to this matter and also consider the very real implications of what happens to independent projects that actually require funding when people decide to steal. Then maybe we can go back to getting along.

Stephaniebot
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:20 pm

If you read carefully I made no comment at the time about the quality of the film,just one place I knew it was available.My feelings for the film are only my critique and a not a general one about its quality,I feel if people want to see it then why not give them the opportunity to do so.If you provide them with the opportunity to do so by purchasing the film then wonderful,I'm glad it will be available to those who want to see it,and maybe I've achieved something after all if it becomes available again. Ironic isnt it!
This is my last posting on this matter,hopefully others will do the same.I will only break this rule if I feel that my naturally helpful nature is being 'devalued' in any way.
As to whether other people on here want to get on with me,fine thats their choice,I'm not going away,why should I? I try to be helpful and get torn apart,as I say lets draw a curtain on this matter.
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

blackice

Apologies all round

Post by blackice » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:48 am

Hello

First off let me apologise for any problems I’ve caused as none were ever intended.

I was in correspondence with 'Stephanie' and I suggested getting a silver catsuit as illustrated so well in the Upgrade and I followed through with a place to get a custom one made London as she didn't want to order it from the US.

When she had won an Ebay auction of an item I had listed I supplied a dupe on DVD-r (I only have one VHS deck) so she could look at it and see what the suits were like and possibly model hers on it.

In retrospect I guess I shouldn't have done that so I have just paypal'd over US$30 to Stuckfast to cover the cost of the version sent to 'Stephanie'.

As for any comments or offers made by 'Stephanie' I would not send dupes out but direct them to the website to order.

I still have the tape sent to me and will be very happy to post onto whomever is authorised by Stuckfast to receive it.

The proposed review we had discussed via email has fallen by the wayside as my magazine is now in limbo due to major distribution problems. It will be covered when we get proper and full backing.

I did try to get a review and coverage of the Upgrade placed in well known fetish magazines I both write and photograph for but I was turned down.

Sorry again for any angst this has caused.

Mark

PS: It would be a good idea to sell the Upgrade with the suit or via one of the manufacture’s of Zentai outfits as it’s a larger market dedicated enthusiats in Japan too; http://www.iitywykm.com

keraptis

Post by keraptis » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:56 am

WOW.

BlackIce, thank you for taking the time to set the record straight. Your honesty and forthrightness are hugely appreciated. You've earned a ton of respect from me by the way you've responded to our concern.

As for getting the review published, thanks for trying, too bad it didn't work out. Good luck with getting your magazine back up and going again.

P.S. I'm a big fan of IITYWYKM too, and if/when we do another film they will likely be our costume supplier. (I think for "Upgrade" it was Renaissance Dancewear.)

andoroido
Technosexuality: Built

Post by andoroido » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:39 am

Well, then I hope the situation is wrapped up with Black Ice's gracious response. :)

blackice

Payment via Paypal?

Post by blackice » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:15 am

Hi

This maybe a reason why the Upgrade is no longer offered via the site and paypal payment.

I've just been called on listing various latex items/fetish on ebay and they don't want paypal associated etc with it.

They want me to modify the listings, but as there's only one day left there's little point.

Has anyone had any experience and can offer suggestions?

I just emailed them and asked to talk to someone for clarification and to see if its the actual items or my purple prose descriptions. After all catsuits and coats.....

Wondering if this was sparked by the thread here as the email they sent

"However, we have been informed that your transactions involve items
that are inappropriate to sell using PayPal, specifically fetish coats,
trousers, catsuits, etc. Your account is therefore in violation of the
Acceptable Use Policy. Accordingly, we must ask that you either
discontinue your current product offering, or modify the terms of the
sale in order to be compliant with the Acceptable Use Policy."

Sort of implies that they were 'Informed'

Comments or suggestions based on previous experiences would be usefull especially if you have work arounds etc.

Cheers

Mark

The Collector
Banned

Post by The Collector » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:43 pm

Do they accept "halloween costumes"? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
There's always time to collect!

Android675
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by Android675 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:21 pm

I haven't had web access for the past week and a half, since I've been out of town, so this is my first chance to respond to many of the most recent posts.

I (and Keraptis & Robolvr) would like to thank everyone for their postings on the subject, including Black Ice, Dark Archon, Androido and Stephaniebot. I think it's clear that no insult or inury was intended by either Black Ice or Stephaniebot, and that everyone was acting in good faith. I also think that the ideas for my response (supporting independent ASFR producers like ourselves, and giving some feedback) are understood. Definitely a good idea to keep this small, weird group together and supporting one another.

And, Black Ice, I wanted to wish you good luck with the magazine. I hope you find funding to get things going again - having more publications that support and encourage non-mainstream fetishes could only be a good thing.

And, in the meantime, until we get this PayPal thing sorted out, feel free to e-mail me at android675@aol.com with any requests for copies of Upgrade.

A