Guess the twist in "Don't Worry Darling"

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
jolshefsky
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Guess the twist in "Don't Worry Darling"

Post by jolshefsky » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:22 pm

Saw the trailer for Don't Worry Darling at the theater the other week. It looks for all the world like it's a remake of The Stepford Wives without so much as mentioning its older pedigree. And if you read any press about it, yeah, we already know it's a social commentary on female vs. male life experiences, dominance, feminism, etc. (so please refrain from any hysterical discussion about that.)

The premise from IMDb is as follows: "A 1950s housewife living with her husband in a utopian experimental community begins to worry that his glamorous company could be hiding disturbing secrets." The wives all stay at home and are ideal, happily compliant companions for their husbands. In the trailer Florence Pugh's character guesses the way one of her neighbors met (something about dropping a train ticket in Boston, I think), implying that everyone there has the same experience meeting. It seems like the women could really be robots like in Stepford Wives, but I'm sure that's not the case.

So for fun, I say we speculate on the secret twist. The big rule is no actual spoilers ... that would put a swift end to the guessing.

My guess is that the women are humans and have been brainwashed to believe their current life. Probably some kind of memory-erasing thing (like in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind) and then brainwashing sessions to make them into what they are.
May your deeds return to you tenfold,

--- Jason Olshefsky

JeffCapes
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Cyborg

Re: Guess the twist in "Don't Worry Darling"

Post by JeffCapes » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:52 pm

It was all a dream and we find Bobby in the shower.

JeffCapes
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Cyborg

Re: Guess the twist in "Don't Worry Darling"

Post by JeffCapes » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:16 am

So I got around to watching Dont worry darling the twist was....

Spoilers

Spoilers

Spoilers .

Jordan Peterson analogy (Chris Pine) creates a virtual reality for men. That's it. Florence Pugh was good in it and the cinematography was nice. But a rubbish movie overall.