Favourite Quirks

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
Robo-Admirer
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Favourite Quirks

Post by Robo-Admirer » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:49 am

What small quirks do you like to see in stories/images/videos?

I've been thinking about how programming oversights could lead to quirky behaviour, like how a fembot may be programmed activate its sexual systems when seeing a woman naked but this leads to the fembot seeing itself naked and entering a sexual encounter with itself every time it sees its naked body in the mirror.

Or like in Robotman's soccer-mom-unit story where Pam freezes every now and again for a split second.

So yea, what quirks would you like to see more of in media?

Extyr

Re: Favourite Quirks

Post by Extyr » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:37 am

I like it when they slowly and methodically scan the room before reacting.

Robo-Admirer

Post by Robo-Admirer » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:25 pm

Extyr wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:37 am I like it when they slowly and methodically scan the room before reacting.
Ahh yes that's also pretty neat too! Most of the media here has that occur in a fraction of a second but i love it when it's noticeable to others.

Robo-Admirer

Post by Robo-Admirer » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:50 pm

Anyone else wanna discuss their favourite quirks?

liliwinnt6
Banned

Post by liliwinnt6 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:18 am

i have a lot of such things already in my stories
Fellas, you may address me as Boris, my ID could be troublesome for you to call me.
BTW, my stories would be updated without notifications.
https://www.turboimagehost.com/album/14 ... ock_images

DukeNukem 2417

Post by DukeNukem 2417 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:38 am

liliwinnt6 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:18 am i have a lot of such things already in my stories
.....so you're self-promoting instead of following the topic of the thread. See, it's posts like this that tend to kill threads dead and derail the whole discussion.....anyway, Back On Topic.

For me, it'd have to be glowing eyes. Especially if the android/gynoid in question hasn't given any indication of being such before their eyes start glowing.
"No one steals our chicks.....and lives!"

Erntoron

Post by Erntoron » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:04 am

Being oblivious to certain things. It makes them seem "off" and is a very good tool to separate them from human characters. For example, a fembot wouldn't feel any embarrassment going around naked, unless programmed. Or lacking any reactions to certain actions, like trying to scare or prank her.

liliwinnt6
Banned

Post by liliwinnt6 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:12 pm

DukeNukem 2417 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:38 am
liliwinnt6 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:18 am i have a lot of such things already in my stories
.....so you're self-promoting instead of following the topic of the thread. See, it's posts like this that tend to kill threads dead and derail the whole discussion.....anyway, Back On Topic.

For me, it'd have to be glowing eyes. Especially if the android/gynoid in question hasn't given any indication of being such before their eyes start glowing.
okay, what about the barcode printed on her lower pelvis for a sleeper unit
somewhere between her navel and vulva
and she has a filter program running that makes her unaware of that and does not acknowledge that
Fellas, you may address me as Boris, my ID could be troublesome for you to call me.

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:53 am

Sorry then, my barcode tattoo is just above my navel, lol :oops:
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

liliwinnt6
Banned

Post by liliwinnt6 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:31 am

Stephaniebot wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:53 am Sorry then, my barcode tattoo is just above my navel, lol :oops:
sometimes manufacturers may print that on the inner sider of one of the legs

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation

Post by Stephaniebot » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:54 pm

liliwinnt6 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:31 am
Stephaniebot wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:53 am Sorry then, my barcode tattoo is just above my navel, lol :oops:
Maybe, but thats where mine got put, lol. Not that nowadays anyone but me gets to see it!
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

Robo-Admirer

Post by Robo-Admirer » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:25 pm

[/quote]

What would be the reason for glowing eyes? I admit, they are really cool and such a small thing adds a quite a bit to the story, but what would a real reason behind them be?

Robo-Admirer

Post by Robo-Admirer » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:26 pm

liliwinnt6 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:18 am
What would be the reason for glowing eyes? I admit, they are really cool and such a small thing adds a quite a bit to the story, but what would a real reason behind them be?

Robo-Admirer

Post by Robo-Admirer » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:28 pm

Erntoron wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:04 am Being oblivious to certain things. It makes them seem "off" and is a very good tool to separate them from human characters. For example, a fembot wouldn't feel any embarrassment going around naked, unless programmed. Or lacking any reactions to certain actions, like trying to scare or prank her.
This right here really is what would probably be the most realistic part of it all. I also like the added bit of the humans not noticing anything wrong until it's too late.

Robo-Admirer

Post by Robo-Admirer » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:29 pm

Also a cool quirk! It's also cool when they don't notice it because their programming doesn't allow them to do so.

liliwinnt6
Banned

Post by liliwinnt6 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:44 am

Robo-Admirer wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:29 pm
Also a cool quirk! It's also cool when they don't notice it because their programming doesn't allow them to do so.
their programming would just filter that out

DollSpace

Post by DollSpace » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:17 am

Barcodes anywhere, really. For sleepers, placed in an area they can't see normally but when they do, they're programmed to ignore it. Either that or it's in ink designed only to show in, say, UV light, for example. For those who are aware of their robotic existence, they can be somewhere they can see and they really enjoy seeing it, but occasionally some models like to try and masquerade as humans and try to cover it up with makeup or body paint, and sometimes they can easily mix with humans but other times they fail spectacularly. Not in a terrible malfunction fire, bring in the baking soda kind of way, but in a logic, how can that exist on my arm, denial of being a robot, whether that's because they don't want to admit it to the person finding it or they're really buying into the illusion they've created for themselves.

The Thinker
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by The Thinker » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:11 pm

One thing that really turns me on but I don't see a lot is robotic domination or robotic supremacy.

When a Fembot talks about (or demonstrates!) how much better she is than a human. Smarter, stronger, faster, better looking, more "perfect". That is very attractive to me.

BA2

Post by BA2 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:58 am

One thing that really turns me on but I don't see a lot is robotic domination or robotic supremacy.

When a Fembot talks about (or demonstrates!) how much better she is than a human. Smarter, stronger, faster, better looking, more "perfect". That is very attractive to me.

I like it when they think they are better than humans or more advanced than other bots but then circumstances show the opposite. Even better when they are programmed to act superior even while they’re being worked on and reprogrammed...

Mixgull

Post by Mixgull » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:07 pm

If I got to say something I enjoy seeing while reading stories it would be this thing where the robot in question is acting totally normal, calmed, but inside they act so cold and calculative about every little detail about their behavoir. It´s like if they say "acting normal" as a math problem, I love it

Aaack
Technosexuality: None of your business

Post by Aaack » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:22 am

Hi everyone, I’m pretty new here, I’ve opened an account long ago but life happened and just now I had the opportunity to enjoy the content here, so excuse me in advance if my reply does not conform to the proper etiquette of this forum, I’m still learning.

On to the topic, may be my favourite quirk is a bit more abstract than an obvious signal of the artificiality of the bot, it’s about maintenance. Every shiny new device will work under its specification (hopefully!) at first, in the user manuals and all around the hundreds of health hazard warnings you also get instructions on how to maintain your unit, whatever device it is.

Now think about a bot, you get electronics to keep cool, servos and gear boxes to keep lubricated, possibly hydraulics for the biggest joints, electrical lines, flex ribbons, fluid lines, camera lenses, speakers, sensors, etc, all that is extraordinarily complicated and expensive as it has properly described in the stories around but what about the every day user maintenance? And specifically what happens after one or two years of regular use without it?, sensors failing, strange noises and functions that have to be shut down.

I guess my point is to showcase that regardless how much computational power a bot could have or how many times stronger than a human it could be, without care they will malfunction and eventually shutdown, that duality between strength and fragility is my favourite quirk and it’s inherent to a bot’s nature.