A taboo subject?

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
evil_boo
Fembot Central Staff
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

A taboo subject?

Post by evil_boo » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:21 am

Hey friends!

So recently I've been contemplating an observation. It seems to me (and I may be totally off base here) that there is a small taboo surrounding fembot destruction and damage. I'm trying to wrap my head around the why, because it seems like there are the folks who love it, and the folks who really dont.

So lets talk, people who dont like/actively dislike it..why? People who love it, why?

BD

Re: A taboo subject?

Post by BD » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:23 am

I don't dislike fembot destruction and damage. As long as there's no violence involved.

Somebody exploiting the faults in the fembot/gynoid programming is ok.

The gynoid not knowing her limits and destroying herself is ok.

Somebody taking an axe to them... not my kind of pie.

In general if somebody is an asshole i don't like it.

But if the gynoid brings it to herself, or if the protagonist has a good motivation to destroy the fembot then that's fine.

It's like... well... you know that story about the colonel that upon seeing the robot that was made to step onto mines in order to trigger them after seeing it trigger some mines and struggling to get to the next mine ordered the test to be concluded and the robot to be shut down because he couldn't stand to see it going on that maimed?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01009.html

Same thing. I know the fembots are not people. But seeing them "raped" or destroyed without good reason goes against what i find pleasing. In fact i often find it repulsive.

--Battery--
Identification: Cyborg

Post by --Battery-- » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:47 am

I am of the folk who love it~
It's a very robotic thing that separates robot from pretenders.
I am also in for some creative clever violence.
seeing some Violence or doing some Violence in a world too forced into order can be liberating and artistic sometimes...
Violence can be adrenaline so it can be exciting
but it shouldn't be condoned in real life.
but nobody dies in fantasy!

I have seen some folk writing about destruction time to time, Personally, I can't wait to get more of it.
All of em come to warn about their content.
I believe it is the right thing to do even if the content is moderate.
I believe it is the right thing to do for all secondary kinks.

It is the internet and if some author just throws his/her writing (talking about writing here) with no warnings we can make funny personal assumptions about the author mental health and personal fetishes.
You know. Like when people wants to read their love poems in public and seemingly are not aware that they are basically describing under the allegories the kind of nasty stuff they do with the guy that picks them up to go to church on Sundays and is supposedly just a friend.

Also since FC is used to be visited time to time by people with unique, not fantasy beliefs that can be a little worrisome to entertain like "I think I am secretly a robot" or "I want to turn someone into a robot with my garage technology, take turns" I guess it has some merit to clear that despite the content of your work you are not a misogynist or robot nazi even if it can be a little silly in this time period.

Also, loved the part of the assaulted robot girl in the introduction of your nascent detective robot story. Would love to read more in detail what is going inside the body systems and the CPU as the characters are taking damage.

Regards.
Last edited by --Battery-- on Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robotman

Post by Robotman » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:03 am

I have a general dislike for fembot destruction and damage, because I'm usually fantasizing about fembots I'd like to own. The idea of my own very expensive property getting damaged or even destroyed is... troubling.

As for when it's not in the context of my own property, I just can't help but think that it's too bad that an attractive fembot has to be damaged or destroyed. Also, damn near every story or portrayal of a fembot that doesn't come out of this community ends with the fembot getting destroyed in some way at the end, so it's become a kind of cliche I don't like for that reason.

And then there was that one member here who went a little overboard for his love for damaging and hurting fembots, and really liking to see them in emotional pain over it. That was just unpleasant and tiresome to many of us.

FaceoffFembot

Post by FaceoffFembot » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:43 am

I'm into fembot destruction because to me it's kind of like BDSM, except taken to a 100 and not restricted by contracts, but in the end still harmless to anyone.

I get however how it might seem repulsive to the TF crowd, or people into sentient fembots, where the abuse might have very real consequences.

Robotman

Post by Robotman » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:49 am

I think the "realness" or (for lack of a better term) "personhood" of the robot plays a huge part in this. It would trouble me a lot more for a robot to be damaged and/or destroyed the closer that robot was to being a human - like if it possessed free will and sentience and thought of itself as a free individual with rights. If it was just a machine then it still bothers me, but only as far as seeing a really nice sports car get crashed bothers me.

BD

Post by BD » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:49 pm

well i've seen accomplished bomb defusers give medals to their robots or try to get them repaired at all costs instead of switching to either a new one or one that has not been blown apart... so yeah, i doubt the problem is with the realness of the thing. It's the emotional involvement.

Silkscreen
Alternate account
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Cyborg

Post by Silkscreen » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:55 pm

Being a robotic woman, still being sentient in the big topic in what I write. So total destruction is a big turndown to me. Violence, either applied to a robotic woman or taken out by her, however, isn't. Playing with endurance and will power can be fun. Especially struggling against yourself, your robotic identity and orders.

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:59 pm

I have never got the damage/destruction thing in the slightest.

Lets just say you've paid out a fortune for your fembot, and your biggest kick is to damage/destroy it, seriously? :roll:

I know, as one of those who want to be transformed into a fembot, I'd get it less than most, but even so, I just don't see the logic of it. Oh, and to add, I don't get the malfunction kick for exactly the same reason.

Ah well...? :roll:
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

ChocolateKeys

Post by ChocolateKeys » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:43 pm

I'm on "destruction side" because I like the reveal of the "robotic nature" of fembot
From the soft ones like seams, joints...
To the "agressive" ones like malfunction, damage...

An addendum, in drawing, the "agressive side" delivers some outstanding draws, with so much details...
English isn't my first language (and still isn't a second...). So, if i commit some mistake, PLEASE inform me.