Gender and Technosexuality

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
dale coba
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Human

Re: Gender and Technosexuality

Post by dale coba » Tue May 17, 2016 5:01 pm

If we had European-style tabloids, I could make a better comparison.

I see no common media over here, outside of the right-wingers, that channels such angry discussions with and about feminists.

Is Germany that much different from the U.S.?
Sure, there are far more female elected officials, that's better than the U.S.

But otherwise, either Germany or your view, or both together, are pretty twisted (US-relative).

- Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Tue May 17, 2016 5:35 pm

dale coba wrote:I see no common media over here, outside of the right-wingers, that channels such angry discussions with and about feminists. Is Germany that much different from the U.S.?
Ah, no. Critics on "feminism" is a taboo subject in German media. If you write something about this, you gain nothing but another "feminist" "uproar". So journalists avoid that mine field at all costs. It's only the right-wingers and "masculists" which discuss such things. But these guys take "feminism" seriously and overreact themselves.

What to do when you don't want a clash but a peaceful coexistence of empowered women and empowered men? Especially taken the fact most men are subordinates to other men, too.

Sure, there are far more female elected officials, that's better than the U.S.
Ah, it's all a big sleaze. Did you know Angela Merkel, Friede Springer (owner of BILD) and Liz Mohn (owner of the largest media company in Germany, Bertelsmann) are best friends?

Observation: Women gain more power.
Realization: Women are exactly as dumb as men.

But otherwise, either Germany or your view, or both together, are pretty twisted (US-relative).
My view is that of a bystander. I don't want to ever get involved into anything related to "feminism". You can't win.

But I don't want to go easy on people either. I don't say my perception is the truth but my perception makes me laugh about those things. I want to share that laugh.
Do you like or dislike my ongoing story Battlemachine Ayako? Leave a comment on the story's discussion pages on the wiki or in that thread. Thank you!

Esleeper
Technosexuality: Built

Post by Esleeper » Tue May 17, 2016 10:41 pm

I question how all of this is even relevant to technosexuality anymore; remember, this whole topic was made solely as a means to an end by someone who only wanted to start pointless debates like the one happening right now. And honestly, does it actually matter to us what some hack in a German tabloid that will never affect what we do says about some issue that most of us have no desire to be involved with?

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Wed May 18, 2016 12:34 am

From the start:
Miss Priss wrote:Unfortunately, as with nearly any movement, there is a very vocal extreme version of "feminism" (which is often nothing less than hatred, really) who would not only denounce anyone for technosexual interests (by their very nature as potentially heterosexual and/or involving a woman choosing to be submissive in any way, even as a fantasy) but would burn me at a stake for being a woman involved in such an interest (even though I am not submissive, and am attracted to cyborgs, sentient gynoids and sentient androids.) We should not judge a group by a vocal, extremist majority. Most people are more nuanced than a single group or subsection of that group would allow.
First, don't read 'vocal, extremist minority' there, because it's in fact a majority (of "feminists") who would burn her at the stake for her technosexual interest. Group dynamics. Feel of power when acting from within a group.

Because, as I replied to her
darkbutflashy wrote:I think there is a strong bond between today's "feminism" and nannying everyone.
That's why I gave some hilarious examples of such tries of "feminists" to nanny everyone. Including loathing women who stand their own ground without the help of "feminists" and including our #1 "feminist" Mrs Schwarzer, who turns out to be compatible with the "right wing" to some degree. Well, to the degree of hate.

Yeah, it's twisted. Yeah, it makes my mind boggle. That's why I laugh.
Do you like or dislike my ongoing story Battlemachine Ayako? Leave a comment on the story's discussion pages on the wiki or in that thread. Thank you!

BD

Post by BD » Wed May 18, 2016 4:39 am

I recognize this is going deep into trolling.

There's a difference between feminism and assholes that "want" to be called feminists. That is true.

There's still a huge discrimination against half of the human population, and it ain't men. That it true.

There's some government funded help towards women. That is true. But seeing the situation in general i feel the opposite of "feminists in power". That is my opinion.

But mostly i think this thread is going into trolling or troll feeding. So i'm quitting it. I hate "hate speeches".

Esleeper

Post by Esleeper » Wed May 18, 2016 7:45 am

darkbutflashy, I already told you that this forum is no place for politics, so leave it alone.

I would strongly suggest to Robotman or anyone else who has the power to do so to please lock this thread or move it to "Off-Topic". There is simply nothing left here that is worth discussing, and it has become nothing more than whining about people whose views we don't like.

Esleeper

Post by Esleeper » Wed May 18, 2016 10:27 am

Understood. I simply saw the subject matter drifting increasingly far from its stated subject due to certain posts that seemed to have no purpose other than complaining about people whose decisions the poster disliked.

As for the link Robotman brought up, it's just proof that some people are so obsessed with what other people do in the privacy of their bedrooms that they will invent entire nightmare scenarios about technology that does not even exist yet. But before you claim this is a proof that feminists are crazy or something like that, ask yourself this: Why have they not done anything about (for example) Fleshlights, or inflatable sex dolls? And why has nobody ever heard of those people until this point?

The answer is simple: It's a cynical ploy for attention whose proponents most likely do not believe a word of what they say. The only motives they have for their campaign are greed and a need to be noticed. Such things are hardly limited to one form of ideology or another, in my experience- and nothing substantial ever arises from them due to the simple fact that at their core they are nothing but talk.

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Wed May 18, 2016 3:54 pm

Esleeper and I had exchanged a PM about this. I don't want to repeat myself here over and over again, so if anyone likes to ask me why I think the way I think, just send me a PM. I will answer in a civil way.

BD: I didn't write feminists (or "feminists") are in power. I wrote I think there is a strong connection between feminism and nannying everyone. And I wrote, to make rules and expect people to follow them isn't a property of feminism, but a property of clueless people coming to power.

That means: when a clueless person gets a glimpse of power, he or she wants to exercise it as much and as often as possible. And that's how "feminists" act in my view.

Esleeper

Post by Esleeper » Wed May 18, 2016 5:26 pm

darkbutflashy wrote:Esleeper and I had exchanged a PM about this. I don't want to repeat myself here over and over again, so if anyone likes to ask me why I think the way I think, just send me a PM. I will answer in a civil way.

BD: I didn't write feminists (or "feminists") are in power. I wrote I think there is a strong connection between feminism and nannying everyone. And I wrote, to make rules and expect people to follow them isn't a property of feminism, but a property of clueless people coming to power.

That means: when a clueless person gets a glimpse of power, he or she wants to exercise it as much and as often as possible. And that's how "feminists" act in my view.
I've found it's not clueless people who do that so much as anyone who wants power and doesn't have the maturity needed to use it wisely. And also those who just want to be tyrants for whatever reason they may have. The clueless sorts are much more likely to be the ones welcoming those oppressors with open arms.

In the cases darkbutflashy described to me, I have to assume it is the latter. Plus, "nannying" isn't the right word since that implies care for the people being treated that way. It's more accurate to say they're being ruled over-not the least because that's what the people espousing those views really want to do.

Miss Pris
Identification: Cyborg

Post by Miss Pris » Wed May 18, 2016 10:03 pm

I forget at this point who first mentioned it, but personally, I really liked the term "puritan." It's a good word to describe those nosy, self-righteous people with sticks up their butts who are so concerned about what other people do in their bedrooms (or dungeons, or wherever) and with whom or what they do it that it eclipses all reason and discussion. There are always going to be those people who lack any passion for life beyond telling others how to live theirs. The idea that someone, somewhere is having a consensual and enthusiastic good time is anathema to these people. They're in every group, every "ism" - and they thrive on their own bitterness and hatred of whatever "other" they've decided is the sole reason for their pain.

(And you'd think with those sticks up their butts, they'd be more open to kink. Anyway...)

I think the original discussion here was about if certain genders enjoy or are open to technosexual/ASFR interests more than others. So far, I've been pleasantly surprised to see that women outside of this forum seem open to the idea and discussion of these interests (once I tell women about the existence of technosexualities/ASFR) as much as men (although, admittedly, maybe it's because It's a women discussing it with them - so technosexuality becomes "vetted" so to speak - because of course I automatically know what other women will like because I'm female :wtf: ) It also might be the way I present the material, generally starting off by pointing out how most everyone is already a cyborg with our contact lenses, pharmacology, and various surgical implants and fixes, so most everyone is a technosexual already, at least to some degree (fancying other lensed, fixed up and augmented people as we do.) Any discussion of the ASFR/role play stuff seems to get the same bit of giggling (but excited giggling) that the discussion of BDSM would get (and sometimes, subtle, knowing smiles.)

So I'm personally not finding a huge gender difference in interest (in an academic setting, which is very different than the "real" world, of course.) I would love to say more about what I think about related differences, but I have to wait until all of my interviews are done, in case any of my interviewees read this thread (I don't want to influence anyone with my specific hypotheses before I actually get my data, as that would mess up my results of course - but I'll be happy to run my virtual mouth as soon as all interviews are in.)

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Fri May 20, 2016 5:46 am

I like to pick this up. Because I think I'm in a minority here, being interested in
  1. physical transformation which makes a woman tougher than men, giving her a safety net against violence.
  2. mind transformation coming from within her which is triggered by not fitting into the usual women role model.
  3. the mix of exploring "robotic" sexuality as a woman and exploring female sexuality as a robot.
Is that a gender difference? I don't know. There is the Dominatrix scene which fits at least a bit but I'm not turned on by humiliating men. Or women. That whole BDSM stuff isn't appealing to me because it objectifies men and women just too much.

That's why I like that "robocop woman" theme. She sure is powerful but not violent or debasing someone. All the humanity left inside her is needed to make her stay calm and act wisely.