Technical Challenges for fembots

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
robolover69000
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Technical Challenges for fembots

Post by robolover69000 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:25 pm

What do you think is the main technical roadblock for fembots?
A)The hardware - building a 'realistic' (dependent upon how realistic the market wants), robust body( that can perform the desired activity with out breaking down)
B)The Software - the runs it anything from being able to understand simple english (or other languages) commands and being able to move around without bumping into things to simulate a personality

Personaly I think it is B, especial when you talk about simulated personalities but A can have some challenges depending on the level of realism desired.

What is does anyone else think?
Robo Lover 69000 the gynoid gynecologist.

PS
If you have a gynoid(or area one) in need of a gynecological exam
I am your man! Reasonable rates, breast exams are always free!

--NightBattery--

Re: Technical Challenges for fembots

Post by --NightBattery-- » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:39 pm

I think it is A, it's a little of both actually, but yeah, Software seems unadvanced, but if Asimo and the other bipedal androids out there cost thousands of dollars and millions on research and they still have problems with stairs and move around with autonomy, and all the actroids are just a bunch of hydraulics inserted on a steel tube incapable of moving, then the hardware still has a long way to go.

I rather see a woman moving around acting like a low capacity machine than a refrigerator with a playdoh face asking about my day.

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:58 am

Main one is going to be A, I suspect.

Even without the general issues of general independent movement, for which there are plenty, that's before you come to the obvious problem related to folk around here, sex.
Lets see, you have to build a body strong enough to take physical contact with a human, that at the same time isn't so solid that she remains attractive to her market. On top of that, you get the health and safety issues. Assuming that said fembot has functioning electrical parts in her (which is almost guaranteed), she has to be built in a way so that when a human 'interfaces' with her, she doesn't give him a nasty shock, or anything more. Same sort of problems with bodily fluid matters, unless everyone always wears a condom, and lets face it, someone is going to think its clever to have sex with his fembot without one, regardless of what the rules say!

B becomes an issue if you want more than a robot sex doll, that just lays there, and does her duty lol. But given the rate of software development in recent years, I suspect this will be more easily attained than A. To some degree, it depends what you want your fembot to do. If its just sex, then fine, less needed than if you want a true fembot partner. Though give it 20-25 years, and I'm pretty sure fembot partners will be fairly indistinguishable from human ones, in general life at least.
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

Grendizer

Post by Grendizer » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:17 pm

This mostly has to do with the nature of your fetish. People into "Rosy the Robot" sort of robots will primarily have more of a software hurdle. On the other end of the spectrum, I'm more into the Ex Machina level of technology. I don't really want to be able to tell much of a physical difference between girl and bot. My hurdle is nearly equal on both software and hardware. I do think software has a smoother path to maturity than hardware, in this case. We don't know how to make a truly convincing AI yet, but we have even less of a clue how to create a pragmatic long-lasting power source that will drive said robots -- or even our smartphones. That's a major issue, as is robot vision, which is further along. We are extremely close on mobility; smoothly driven, articulated, self-balancing frames are almost ready for prime-time. But without power and vision, that is pointless.

To be fair, solar power is growing exponentially. If it can reach sufficient efficiencies, battery tech will matter less. But if we need better batteries going forward, that road is very bumpy indeed.
If freedom is outlawed, only outlaws will be free.

My Stories: Teacher: Lesson 1, Teacher: Lesson 2, Quick Corruptions, A New Purpose

Deep Blue

Post by Deep Blue » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:47 pm

I think the main problem is AI, without AI, the bot will be just a doll.

Taren Capel
Technosexuality: None of your business

Post by Taren Capel » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:21 pm

Is attractiveness actually limited to beings that can use stairs? Or walk? Couldn't a human with disabilities that would make such activities difficult or impossible still be sexually desirable for some people?

I would agree that the software would be an important factor. To me, the personality, the capability for interaction and and the potentials for learning and communication would be factors of attraction/interest.

But personally, I don't think "ability to flawlessly imitate a human in speech and behavior/capabilities" should be the only standard that could be used in deciding if a fembot might be an attractive companion/date. How they could differ from human could even be part of the fun. But everyone's comfort/desire "zone" will vary on that sort of point.

But I think that current technology probably could provide quite a few viable options for those interested in encounters with fembots. Some would probably find any noticeable difference to be a turn-off, but others may be more .. adventurous? Nothing wrong with either inclination. Big world, lots of room for different folks with different tastes.

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:54 am

As you say, everyone will have various levels of desire. Some will be happy with a pure sex bot, others want a 'woman' that they can be seen around with, with no issues.
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

RobotMaker

Post by RobotMaker » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:09 am

I think the challenge is really bringing it all together. DARPA has walking robots, RealDolls have some conversation skills, AI programs and chat bots go even further. Its a totally open question what the closest to a human a bot could get. I think it'll be decades before they are indistiguishable, if ever, because over time, our standards will get higher. I'm excited about the possibility of creating a fembot that goes far beyond a doll and able to fulfill someone emotionally in a relationship or as a friend.
I'm designing a fembot with the goal of making her and finding her a human boyfriend. Email me if you'd like: madscientist348807@gmail.com