IMPORTANT > POLL ABOUT USER REGISTRATION

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.

Should users have to register to post?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 23, 2002 5:55 pm

Yes, they should have to register
35%
No, users should not have to register
26%
I don't care
13%
Yes, only lurkers and trouble want the non-register board
22%
No, it does not matter if they register or not
4%

Total votes: 23

KOS-MOS
Retired staff member

IMPORTANT > POLL ABOUT USER REGISTRATION

Post by KOS-MOS » Tue Jun 18, 2002 5:55 pm

It has come to our attention that some people really hate the idea of having to register to post at the Fembot Forums and we want your input on the matter. Your vote is very important as it will help determine how this board will be managed in the future, which I imagine is an issue you care about.

Some things to think about:
Registered users are not sent any spam, can use avatars, and are given many more options on how they view the forums when they log in. Even if you do not register we still can track your IP [the same goes every website you visit] > it makes you no less private if you register or not. I also must say that we are more likely to have trolls, spam, and other nasty notes posted if users are not made to register. Just some things to keep in mind.

I muddled up the first go at this poll because it was not allowing non-registered users to vote. It seem this issue cannot be fixed, thus non-registered users will have to post their vote in this thread. We will be able to see if you try to vote twice.
Last edited by KOS-MOS on Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

href

Post by href » Tue Jun 18, 2002 5:58 pm

I would also point out that although I am part of the admin here at FC (not just a member), and run FA; NO-ONE knows who I am or where I live.
All I have ever said is, href and England.

href
ps the issues surrounding IP tracking are meaningless as every website can do (and DO) it. All anyone can find from me is my ISP.....which is of no concirn to me.

pristeen

Post by pristeen » Wed Jun 19, 2002 2:03 am

agreed: there are many ways to preserve one's anonymity.

Big Harry

Post by Big Harry » Sun Jun 23, 2002 12:09 am

I'm sorry if it makes me seem like an old man stuck in his ways, but I just don't like to register with any site containing adult material. I am not the only one who uses my computer, and such a thing can be tracked on my end. I'm even a little bit paranoid about posting here, and I don't see why you should have to register to post.

pristeen

Post by pristeen » Sun Jun 23, 2002 1:26 am

actually, it doesn't matter whether you register or not - it can still be tracked at your end. you will receive a cookie from this site as soon as you arrive.

even if cookies are disabled, this site will still show up in your system log, long after it has been removed from your cache and history.

KOS-MOS
Retired staff member

Post by KOS-MOS » Sun Jun 23, 2002 7:17 am

Big Harry wrote:I'm sorry if it makes me seem like an old man stuck in his ways, but I just don't like to register with any site containing adult material. I am not the only one who uses my computer, and such a thing can be tracked on my end. I'm even a little bit paranoid about posting here, and I don't see why you should have to register to post.
I understand where you are coming from, and that you are worried about people on your end finding out what you have been up to online. However, registering to post here makes you no more trackable than just viewing the site [or ANY site, for that matter]. I cannot stress this information enough, that registering changes NOTHING as far as tracking or finding out who you are.

Please feel free to drop me an e-mail so that maybe we can find a way to make you feel more comfortable posting here in the future :)

href

Post by href » Sun Jun 23, 2002 9:45 am

Sabina is correct. You are no more at risk of being tracked, either at your end our at anyone elses, if you register to this or any other site.

Try
http://download.com.com/3000-2144-9487520.html

this is a complete cleaner for all the tracks that you leave when you use the internet. When I need to clean my pc, now only to recover space, I use a cracked version of this software. Cracks are available all over the net, so no need to pay.

Really, if you keep your end clean, then there is NO way for people to find out what your up to.
THIS DOES NOT WORK IF YOU ARE ON A COLLEGE/WORK network, as many networks cache the urls that you visit. So you have been warned. Other than this, its no big deal to hide your tracks if that is what you want.

Personally, I am finding it much easier just not hiding anything anymore. Much MUCH less stressfull

href

beatnik100

Post by beatnik100 » Sun Jun 23, 2002 4:54 pm

I couldn't agree more. Besides, who cares if someone finds out that we're all into robots. There are far worse things I'm sure.

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 23, 2002 10:44 pm

I went to the registration page, and to be perfectly honest, it's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I am now registered, and would urge anyone who hasn't registered to give it a try.

As to href's comment about not hiding anything, I had the same experience with pot. When I told everyone else I was a smoker, I was much less stressed out. (I bet you think it's prety stupid to post it on the internet, don't you?) I am much more comfortable now that I have shared this with those close to me, I can relate. I'm sure this too will come in it's own time, but I'm not ready for it yet.

I'm sure I will soon become a much more active member of this community. :mrgreen:

Voodoo

Post by Voodoo » Mon Jun 24, 2002 5:12 am

Although what I don't know could never hurt me, and although href and I's relationship has always been fantastic, we have just gone from strength to strength since he told me about this, and now I'm here posting things and a part of the community myself.

I know that everyone has their own individual reasons for not telling their loved ones about this, dare I say 'fetish', but I just hope that href and I can at least show people that telling a loved one about an interest in asfr may not necessarily be a bad decision. In fact... it could well be the best thing you've ever done!! - Take it from someone who knows!!!

Voodoo. :lol:

Mirage
Technosexuality: None of your business
Identification: Human

Post by Mirage » Mon Jun 24, 2002 7:03 am

Or that your spouse will ridicule you for the rest of your life.

You : Honey, I need to tell you something.

Spouse : Yes, love?

You : I have... I have a calculator fetish, the buttons, the slick light solar--power pack... it makes me hot....

Spouse : BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH
Erk...

(Spouce stop crying in tears of laughter after passing out from laughing so much.)

You : Thank you for understanding me. Now, I'll go write a country song about my sickness, bye.

(Well, it could happen!)

Mirage

Voodoo

Post by Voodoo » Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:33 am

LOL!!!!

Mirage, you're a nutter, ha ha!

I'm not saying that telling a loved one will work for everyone-I understand totally the complications involved. All I am saying is that I hope we are at least an inspiration and it's always good to hear a story with a happy ending isn't it??!!

Voodoo.

Big Harry

Post by Big Harry » Mon Jun 24, 2002 3:42 pm

I'm sure my time will come. :D