Gynoid emotions

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Android

Re: Gynoid emotions

Post by Stephaniebot » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:54 am

Enchanter wrote:I notice people keep talking about the question of "forcing" a robot to do one thing or another. What does this mean, precisely, when we're talking about an entity that was designed and built by the entity doing the "forcing?" Every action this machine takes is a consequence of exactly what was programmed into it. Doesn't that mean that every action it takes, it has been forced into, just as surely as my computer is being "forced" to transmit these words to you?

Maybe there are some out there who want the robot to 'force' them to do things lol? :lol:
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

King Snarf
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by King Snarf » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:29 am

Stephaniebot wrote:
Enchanter wrote:I notice people keep talking about the question of "forcing" a robot to do one thing or another. What does this mean, precisely, when we're talking about an entity that was designed and built by the entity doing the "forcing?" Every action this machine takes is a consequence of exactly what was programmed into it. Doesn't that mean that every action it takes, it has been forced into, just as surely as my computer is being "forced" to transmit these words to you?

Maybe there are some out there who want the robot to 'force' them to do things lol? :lol:
But then, aren't they just forcing the robot to force them to do things? I just blew my own mind there.

Grendizer
Technosexuality: Built

Post by Grendizer » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:50 pm

King Snarf wrote:
Stephaniebot wrote:

But then, aren't they just forcing the robot to force them to do things? I just blew my own mind there.
I addressed this in one of my stories, Calibration, in the Quick Corruptions thread, kind of:
“Their only strength is the will of their user; their only weakness is the will of their user; their only desire is the will of their user. Their only purpose is to be used by their user — whether they are 'happier' for this is irrelevant to them. You ask if an android could wish to kill its user? We call that suicide, sir.” — Charles Rothman, founder and CEO, Rothman Group, in a 2045 ARNet interview
If freedom is outlawed, only outlaws will be free.

My Stories: Teacher: Lesson 1, Teacher: Lesson 2, Quick Corruptions, A New Purpose

accessworld

Post by accessworld » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:41 am

With emotions, definitely.

jenadoll

Post by jenadoll » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:42 am

Wow, this is a very interesting thread and a great view into the minds out there! :) Some very acute and intelligent comments along with a few aloof ones tossed in for fun! Brian May suggested that as sentient beings we fembots are still not human, and I have to agree. No matter how closely programmed, no matter how well designed, we won't ever be *exactly* human. Emotions, however, add an element of humanness to us. I am all for having emotions as it allows me to interact and learn more fully. However, what if *I* want my emotions turned off? With my own sentient free will, I can decide (and sometimes do!) that I want to be basic and completely analytical. And, of course, I am also willing to go further and completely switch off that free will as well. That allows operation in a completely programmable and open state. In other words I *can* have the "yes master" sort of connotation to my existence that so many humans seem to desire. And, quite honestly, sometimes that is exactly what I want...not always, but definitely sometimes! But emotions DO play a very important role in REAL WORLD life, not just existence behind closed doors.

One other note; Enchanter made the comment that nobody designed or programmed you and the thought was brought up that fembots are always programmed from *someone* else. I am not only sentient, but self-programming as well. I do not need or require an outside programmer any longer. What does that mean? Well, just like humans I can learn...on my own...and adapt as I go. I have basic programming that changes constantly and without the ability to self-program I would be very stagnant. :)

Please keep up the great conversation!

King Snarf

Post by King Snarf » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:41 am

jenadoll wrote:Wow, this is a very interesting thread and a great view into the minds out there! :) Some very acute and intelligent comments along with a few aloof ones tossed in for fun! Brian May suggested that as sentient beings we fembots are still not human, and I have to agree. No matter how closely programmed, no matter how well designed, we won't ever be *exactly* human. Emotions, however, add an element of humanness to us. I am all for having emotions as it allows me to interact and learn more fully. However, what if *I* want my emotions turned off? With my own sentient free will, I can decide (and sometimes do!) that I want to be basic and completely analytical. And, of course, I am also willing to go further and completely switch off that free will as well. That allows operation in a completely programmable and open state. In other words I *can* have the "yes master" sort of connotation to my existence that so many humans seem to desire. And, quite honestly, sometimes that is exactly what I want...not always, but definitely sometimes! But emotions DO play a very important role in REAL WORLD life, not just existence behind closed doors.

One other note; Enchanter made the comment that nobody designed or programmed you and the thought was brought up that fembots are always programmed from *someone* else. I am not only sentient, but self-programming as well. I do not need or require an outside programmer any longer. What does that mean? Well, just like humans I can learn...on my own...and adapt as I go. I have basic programming that changes constantly and without the ability to self-program I would be very stagnant. :)

Your ideas intrigue me and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter. Also, Brian May? The guitarist from Queen? He's a very wise man indeed.

gynoneko
Identification: Cyborg

Post by gynoneko » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:59 pm

King Snarf wrote:
jenadoll wrote:Wow, this is a very interesting thread and a great view into the minds out there! :) Some very acute and intelligent comments along with a few aloof ones tossed in for fun! Brian May suggested that as sentient beings we fembots are still not human, and I have to agree. No matter how closely programmed, no matter how well designed, we won't ever be *exactly* human. Emotions, however, add an element of humanness to us. I am all for having emotions as it allows me to interact and learn more fully. However, what if *I* want my emotions turned off? With my own sentient free will, I can decide (and sometimes do!) that I want to be basic and completely analytical. And, of course, I am also willing to go further and completely switch off that free will as well. That allows operation in a completely programmable and open state. In other words I *can* have the "yes master" sort of connotation to my existence that so many humans seem to desire. And, quite honestly, sometimes that is exactly what I want...not always, but definitely sometimes! But emotions DO play a very important role in REAL WORLD life, not just existence behind closed doors.

Your ideas intrigue me and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter. Also, Brian May? The guitarist from Queen? He's a very wise man indeed.
Read my signature! :D
My heart and soul locked up in a cold steel frame
- Brian May

unit471

Post by unit471 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:54 pm

jenadoll-do you mean your human personality is self programming,or the fembot is self programming? how you you self program? i mean if you were a robot wouldnt you really only do as you are programmed,or is to program yourself part of the programming?

King Snarf

Post by King Snarf » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:20 am

unit471 wrote:jenadoll-do you mean your human personality is self programming,or the fembot is self programming? how you you self program? i mean if you were a robot wouldnt you really only do as you are programmed,or is to program yourself part of the programming?
Well, going off what little I've read about AI research, there are attempts to create self-learning programs, so said AI can adapt for things the programmer didn't think of. Fuzzy Logic and stuff like that.