Happy Birthday, "Metropolis"

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
Doctor Robo
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Happy Birthday, "Metropolis"

Post by Doctor Robo » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:47 pm

In case you missed it, today (1/7/07) marks the 80th anniversary of the debut of Fritz Lang's Metropolis in Germany. I don't need to remind anyone that if not for this movie, ASFR - and science fiction in general - might not exist as we know it. If there was a Mount Rushmore of ASFR, Hel/Maria/Futura would be on it, that's for sure.

Thanks, Fritz!

keraptis
Technosexuality: Transformation

Re: Happy Birthday, "Metropolis"

Post by keraptis » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:08 pm

Doctor Robo wrote:In case you missed it, today (1/7/07) marks the 80th anniversary of the debut of Fritz Lang's Metropolis in Germany. I don't need to remind anyone that if not for this movie, ASFR - and science fiction in general - might not exist as we know it. If there was a Mount Rushmore of ASFR, Hel/Maria/Futura would be on it, that's for sure.

Thanks, Fritz!
Amen!

kman1

Post by kman1 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:07 pm

Hear, hear. Reminds you how relatively young this fetish is. Just one unintended consequence of the Industrial Revolution. I wonder what it must have been like 80 years ago to watch Metropolis and find oneself mysteriously turned-on?

Stephaniebot
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:47 am

kman1 wrote:Hear, hear. Reminds you how relatively young this fetish is. Just one unintended consequence of the Industrial Revolution. I wonder what it must have been like 80 years ago to watch Metropolis and find oneself mysteriously turned-on?
Does make you wonder if anyone was! Yes big thanks to the man, and of course to Brigitte Helm as well for bringing the vision of robots to life in such a way. And considering when it was made that amazing scene in the lab is absolutely stunning. When you think nowadays they'd probably do all that by CG, oh how dull lol!
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

keraptis

Post by keraptis » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:27 am

kman1 wrote:Hear, hear. Reminds you how relatively young this fetish is.
Unless you roll into ASFR the concept of women as statues, which goes back a few thousand years at least. But as somebody who doesn't get into statues at all, I know what you mean.
kman1 wrote:I wonder what it must have been like 80 years ago to watch Metropolis and find oneself mysteriously turned-on?
It's a fascinating question. Though back then, it probably didn't take much to turn a guy on. We are so bombarded with images of naked and half-naked women, not to mention the clothes ordinary women wear in public, that we have no way of relating to a time when revealing a woman's ankle was scandalously titillating.

In short I've always been a believer that the most sexy thing is any signal from a woman that she's interested in sex (in general or right this minute). Back then, showing a little leg or wearing makeup a certain way might have gotten the message across. These days, what might have been a clear signal then usually isn't, and men have adjusted. So it takes something more.

Like, for example, tilting the head oddly to one side, opening the eyes wide, and saying "How may I please you master?" ;)

xodar

Post by xodar » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:00 pm

Actually, short skirts and what we'd call one-piece swimsuits came in in the late 1910s. The 1920s were somewhat like the 1960s regarding such stuff.

That doesn't mean the effect of the robot wasn't stunning, however.
"You can believe me, because I never lie and I'm always right." -- George Leroy Tirebiter.
If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to hear it I don't give a rat's ass.
http://www.bbotw.com/product.aspx?ISBN=0-7414-4384-8
http://www.bbotw.com/description.asp?ISBN=0-7414-2058-9