Would you like to be or become a robot/cyborg/etc.?

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
RancidInsanity
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Would you like to be or become a robot/cyborg/etc.?

Post by RancidInsanity » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:13 pm

This isn't an RP topic. This is a topic asking that question. Post what you think and discuss.
I don't think I would. Even if it was like were all my memories were on a disc or something. I feel like someone would end up controlling me. Funny thing, seeing as how I fantasize about controling some fembot but I'm afraid of being controlled...... :shock:
...Nolo Contendere

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Would you like to become a robot.....

Post by Spaz » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:20 pm

I personally don't think that it is possible to become a robot or a cyborg if you are human. True, they might be able to transfer your memories and experiences into a computer but I wouldn't be convinced that it is actually me and not just a copy of me. How can you transfer your soul into a machine?
Check out my stories: https://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles: Season Two | The Doctor is in - The Clinic (In progress...)

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:27 pm

I wouldn't want to personally become a robot or cyborg either, but what if you could just connect yourself to a machine that would allow you to temporarily inhabit a robotic or cyborg body?

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles: Season Two | The Doctor is in - The Clinic (In progress...)

RancidInsanity

Post by RancidInsanity » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:30 pm

cool idea about temporaly inhabiting a robotic body....I think it'd be fun to control people who recently became robots :twisted: hehehe...
...Nolo Contendere

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:20 pm

The only problem with temporarily inhabiting a robot body though is that after a while, you would have to return to your human body to give it exercise and food.

Doctor Robo

Post by Doctor Robo » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:57 pm

Admiral2a wrote:The only problem with temporarily inhabiting a robot body though is that after a while, you would have to return to your human body to give it exercise and food.
That's what they invented cryo-stasis for... :wink:

blond111

Turn me into a Robot!

Post by blond111 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:27 pm

Just check my post. :)

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:42 pm

Do I really need to answer this? I suspect most know my feelings and desires only too well on here!
Yes, I'd love to become a robot/android (etc) and would probably be first in the queue if it ever becomes possible, well assuming I'm young enough to do so by then. I am already 48 after all...

And yes, I want the full works, total control, no emotions etc, just allow me the delight of leaving this human life behind forever. OK, I wouldnt mind being aware of what I've become and being there 'for the ride' but thats far from compulsory. And its been a desire since teen years, which is err...quite some time ago!

A young, cute fembot body would be the preference mind! :wink:
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

ratbot

Post by ratbot » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:43 pm

i want to be the robot MASTER not the robot

ASFRyan
Identification: Cyborg

Post by ASFRyan » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:15 am

Depends on how good the technology is. If it is as good as science fiction, I'd probably transfer over. At its current state or the foreseeable future, no thanks.
"I never knew anyone who wanted to be a robot."

Pleasureunit
Technosexuality: Built

Good question!

Post by Pleasureunit » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:20 pm

Stephaniebot, you're with me on this one??? :D Yah! Well, I should think it apparent that, when the time comes to experimentally download human consciousness onto disk, she and I will be marching arm-in-arm at Fembot Central's front ranks to volunteer! :lol: Although I shall definately make sure to stipulate that my personality file is to be inserted into the fabulously busty Pam Anderson android and not the short, dumpy female janitorial unit that I seem to recall William Shatner writing amusedly about in one of his "Tekwar" novels!

But then again (furrowing brow academically)...why should I worry?....Once a machine, I will be programmed to obey, and I suppose to enjoy my position, whatever my physical characteristics may be as they change (as they assuredly will) over the course of decades or centuries. As an ex-history major, I understand society's perceptions of feminine beauty has varied (compare 18th century European mores with 21st century American or Brazilian tastes). I can conceive a robot body assigned to me in the late 21st century would differ dramatically when I would be re-assigned to a far different form in, say, the 23d century. Isn't that funky to think about?! And I would have no say in the matter, of course. Just to go along with the flow and accept my programming. There's a whole new question: is that slavery or is that mind-freeing Nirvana???

On the more serious side of things, may I bring up one point upon which perhaps maybe a few other members may concur? As an atheist, I would not think souls per se transfer electronically, since I personally do not believe in souls or a higher power. In my dim imaginings of the future, I can accept the hazy possibilities existing one day of downloading one's consciousness into a machine, but nothing more than that.

"Mongo just pawn in game of human life."
~~Blazing Saddles
:lol:
I thought we were friends. How could you do a thing like that? I was just going to fix coffee. :faceoff:

rabiator

Post by rabiator » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:13 pm

If I could still be myself as a robot (read: undiminished personality and ability to think), I'd like to transfer when my body gets old and sick. Maybe even as a cute robot girl :wink:

Of course, copying and simulating the brain is going to be extremely difficult, so I doubt it will be possible within my lifetime.

xodar

Post by xodar » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:45 pm

rabiator wrote:If I could still be myself as a robot (read: undiminished personality and ability to think), I'd like to transfer when my body gets old and sick. Maybe even as a cute robot girl :wink:

Of course, copying and simulating the brain is going to be extremely difficult, so I doubt it will be possible within my lifetime.
That would be the only way I'd do it, except I'd want to be an Arnold type terminator.
"You can believe me, because I never lie and I'm always right." -- George Leroy Tirebiter.
If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to hear it I don't give a rat's ass.
http://www.bbotw.com/product.aspx?ISBN=0-7414-4384-8
http://www.bbotw.com/description.asp?ISBN=0-7414-2058-9

Stephaniebot

Post by Stephaniebot » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:39 pm

Its interesting you choose the Pamela Anderson 'super boobs' type model Queenbot, because in all honesty I'd probably choose something more 'homely' and dull. But I think a lot depends on your personality and what type of 'android' you want to be.
Me, I'm more inclined to the Doris Day look (as at the peak of her fame in the 50's) for my desired body, good looks, blonde hair and a nice full figure that I would simply adore. And if I could have the singing voice as well!

But at least anyone out there now knows of 2 willing volunteers! :wink:
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

pm_uk

Post by pm_uk » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:33 pm

An interesting consept. If something on these lines was possible i would be interested, it would almost be the next step in the evolutionary chain for the human, using technology to improve our minds and bodies with the added bonus of being immortal... unless you run on windows or mac os, then you will have a life span of about 6 weeks.

Lfrmus

Post by Lfrmus » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:02 am

I would like to eventually replace organic parts with artificial ones, if technology advanced enough to provide performance equal or superior to the organic parts.

In the end, I would also like to become some sort of disembodied intelligence, but that's mainly because I do not want to die. Ever. :(

Edit: In the case of a memorydump, I would not like to have my mind tampered with, or be just a read only memory a la Neuromancer. Both those scenarios would suck ass.

T-elos/Thurosis

Post by T-elos/Thurosis » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:28 am

I wouldn't turn my body into a cyborg but i will turn my girlfriend into an cyborg/android or robot (even if she wants or not ) MUWAHHAHAHA hehehe...

(i know i m a bit crazy)
~Everything is learnable! It only depends on the efforts that you give yourself!~

~ take a look at my at my Gallery :D http://www.thurosis.deviantart.com ~

A.N.N.

Post by A.N.N. » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:18 am

I think it would be quite practical to have a cyborg body, much like some of the "Ghost in the Shell" characters.

But from a purely AFSR perspective, I think I like it better in the fantasy part of my mind, not real life. Same issue with total loss of control. I suppose that's why I don't like forced transformation stories.
A.N.N.

WinterRose

Post by WinterRose » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:31 pm

In a red hot minute I'd choose to be a robot. You'd have to digitize my consciousness, but that won't be too hard in the future as nano starts replacing failing brain matter with silicon. After that?

Well, there's the question I get asked the most. Would you be a boy or girl shaped robot?

Both. I'm digital now. I can swap bodies at will. I'll have one of each gender, plus a few different combinations of genders AND species. Why limit myself to 1/2 of human experience, or HUMAN experience at all?

Lord of the Geeks

transhuman

Post by Lord of the Geeks » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:44 am

it will be a step by step transformation process.. not just a download most likly.... it starts with the brain being augmented by a computer. The brian first learns to use the computer to control external devices.. as it is remarkably adaptable...then external processing... the brain starts using the computer for memory storage, and processing capibility more and more as it adapts to the computers abilities, and you use the computers abilities...your brain has programmed the computer to function and operate in the same neral network as the brain has utilizing the com as its own tissue, at a point it uses the computer just as much as it does its own nural tissue. (brain cant tell the difference.. its all electrical impulses) as the tissue begins to age and break down, neural functions are tranffered to the non-effected tissue (com)... as the brian conpensates for its own failings.. finally you are left with a neural network computer, programed with your own neural pathways memories associations... not copies.. original thoughts and data..... then you are machine.

Frostillicus
Technosexuality: Built

Post by Frostillicus » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:32 am

:shock: That's probably the BEST scenario I've seen presented. It's the only one that I can agree with so far. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'm rarely serious, but this time I had to say something. I bow to your logic.
Thaw me out when robot wives are cheap and effective.