Gynoid sad story

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
crimsondragon1982

Gynoid sad story

Post by crimsondragon1982 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:27 pm

is this even worth watching and if so does anyone have a clip of it like s tiny part on the FTP. to entice us to buy it, the litte trailer they have on teh site doesn't do much for me.

Devil
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Post by Devil » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:41 pm

I saw a trailer on youtube a while back, and a few pictures here and there. But nothing significant.

Fembot-Fem

Post by Fembot-Fem » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Same here. From what I saw, it looked pretty decent. (pretty low-budget stuff, but still looked pretty interesting)

I was hoping someone would fork out the dough and get this thing on the FTP site, but oh well.

andoroido

Post by andoroido » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:06 am

That would break the "no piracy of independent productions" etiquette.
The makers of Gynoids clearly did not make much profit, if any, on their production (judging from the dozens of unsold DVDs I saw in one of the few otaku-oriented shops where it was on sale, I saw about 50 copies of another similar non-ASFR production in mint condition on sale for $1 at a used video shop, obviously no buyers) The company makes maybe 1 movie a year.

We've already had this discussion a few times about not pirating the works of people/indie clubs who are actually making these movies with their own money. Widespread piracy amongst the very small community of potential customers will just make them give up, or if they DO continue funding their own projects for their own amusement, they'll just keep the results for themselves.

Copying something that has been broadcast for FREE on TV (like Sakura 2 Go) on the other hand, does not make me feel guilty, and only leaves me wondering why it is illegal in the first place.

If you want to see Gynoids, try special ordering it through the "Jungle" shop on the Internet. The price is pretty steep though. Maybe share with a couple friends?

So, to quote from the BSG podcast and Ron Moore,

"No whining!"

Rotwang

Post by Rotwang » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:35 pm

I ordered a CD-ROM with pics from Jungle last week. Lightning fast service. I got it today and while you do pay a fair amount of cash, you do support people to make new stuff. Definitely worth a try imho.

crimsondragon1982

Post by crimsondragon1982 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:11 pm

i don't want the whole show just some of the parts whre you see the gynoid content. It might encourage me to buy it even more if i see a better trailer then what they have right now. you see a bit in the original trailer but not much.

andoroido

Post by andoroido » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:02 pm

LOL

uh huh,

I'm sure the makers will happily accept that argument, as will their creditors...

To be fair in explanation, pirating 2 or 3 gynoid scenes would basically be pirating ALL of the gynoid content. I can't be dishonest and pirate 3 scenes and then say you should buy it (2 disks for at least $100) to see more, because there isn't any more. Yet I also can't be dishonest and screw the producers out of the money they'll lose when you don't buy it anyway.

Anyway, it's not my decision. The makers put up what they felt was reasonable for their free trailer without giving too much away. Who am I to tamper with that? Add in that there's a good chance that if they were determined to find the pirate, they might be able to track me down, and I don't want to get deported for being a lawbreaker (part of the fun of being n a foreign country, legal trouble = deportation, forfeiture of lease, maybe bank accounts, etc. etc.)

Well, can't blame a guy for trying. ;)

Once

No more whining on this subject.

jasonlavers1966

You could try this

Post by jasonlavers1966 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm

Hi there
You could try the link below. It might be what you are looking for?

Cheers
Jason

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cfTOYy9mSAE

andoroido

Post by andoroido » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:56 am

Nice job finding that trailer!

visceralpsyche

Post by visceralpsyche » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:54 am

andoroido wrote:That would break the "no piracy of independent productions" etiquette.
The makers of Gynoids clearly did not make much profit, if any, on their production (judging from the dozens of unsold DVDs I saw in one of the few otaku-oriented shops where it was on sale, I saw about 50 copies of another similar non-ASFR production in mint condition on sale for $1 at a used video shop, obviously no buyers) The company makes maybe 1 movie a year.

We've already had this discussion a few times about not pirating the works of people/indie clubs who are actually making these movies with their own money. Widespread piracy amongst the very small community of potential customers will just make them give up, or if they DO continue funding their own projects for their own amusement, they'll just keep the results for themselves.

Copying something that has been broadcast for FREE on TV (like Sakura 2 Go) on the other hand, does not make me feel guilty, and only leaves me wondering why it is illegal in the first place.

If you want to see Gynoids, try special ordering it through the "Jungle" shop on the Internet. The price is pretty steep though. Maybe share with a couple friends?

So, to quote from the BSG podcast and Ron Moore,

"No whining!"
Thanks for your post andoroido :)

I can say that starting out as a filmmaker myself, it is basically a thankless task to create a movie, especially if it is only a short, knowing that in all likelihood you will never break even, let alone get anything remotely resembling a profit! Given that we live in the age of broadband internet, where one can basically find any movie known and download it for nothing, it makes you wonder sometimes how long this situation can go on before the whole house of cards collapses.

Having said all that, I still firmly believe that most people appreciate good quality movies and will pay to watch and/or own them, IF the filmmakers treat them with a modicum of respect in turn. DRM, litigation on personal copiers etc, is the best way to ENCOURAGE piracy, not discourage it. The operative word in all this is respect and it has to cut both ways otherwise you have nothing.

I also think that the personal touch will be increasingly popular in our wired world, which I guess goes back to that respect angle. I've sold around twenty copies of "Eve", the majority probably having come from the people on this forum who have been good enough to buy it. There's no profit in it at all for me as festival submission costs alone have totaled over AUD$750 this past year, and that's NOT including costs of the disc etc. However I am always encouraged by a sale because it is establishing that personal link between me and my potential fan base, something which you cannot put a price on. Of course I hope to make money from my films in the future, but I also vow to stay true to my principles of staying close to the people who ultimately provide me with the funds to make it happen - you guys!

Now whilst "Eve" is not online (that I know of and hope is the case), I do plan on putting my new short film online, free to download, in the hope that you will then buy the full DVD because you like the movie and want to watch the hour or so of special features, commentaries etc as well as directly supporting me sending it out to festivals and hopefully continuing to build momentum so that down the track, I CAN make that robot feature that I want to make, which you will all then get to enjoy. It's a long, hard process, and lots of filmmakers give up on it at the starting gate because it is just so damned difficult. I can tell you now that I WON'T give up because I truly think I can be a big success in the future if I persist and if I have a core group of fans who are willing to help nurture me to that point.

I can promise that in return for that sort of loyalty, I will endeavour to make the movie which could end up being someone's favourite movie of all time, in which case I have touched someone else's life in a way that few people ever get to do. That alone is why I will persist, if nothing else.

Ok, I went off on a bit of a rant there but in short, thanks for looking after the little guy - it's appreciated :)