UK's 'Humans' vs Sweden's 'Akta Manniskor' (Real Humans)

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
IAMNOONE
Technosexuality: None of your business
Identification: Human

UK's 'Humans' vs Sweden's 'Akta Manniskor' (Real Humans)

Post by IAMNOONE » Mon May 25, 2020 4:13 am

I personally dig 'Akta Manniskor' due to its more realistic portrayal of the androids, they move, act, and look more artificial.

what do you guys think?

Which series is the better one in your opinion?

Thornevald
Technosexuality: None of your business
Identification: Human

Re: UK's 'Humans' vs Sweden's 'Akta Manniskor' (Real Humans)

Post by Thornevald » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:17 pm

I think Akta Manniskor was better, but it is not finished and the last season seems rushed, it's like: I know i will be canceled, I am going to put all my content in some episodes to get attention.

Buuuut that doesn't mean Humas was bad,

Rotwang

Re: UK's 'Humans' vs Sweden's 'Akta Manniskor' (Real Humans)

Post by Rotwang » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:40 am

The original series assumed a more down to earth approach to robots, seeing them as mass produced with cost-cutting measures which means they end up looking like dolls or mannequins. The makeup, contact lenses and wigs helped to sell the effect.

In Humans they went for a high-end cost-is-not-an-issue future esthetic where everything is over-designed, which required the robots to have extremely subtle details and focused heavily on the acting to convey their mechanical side.

The problem with a remake is that you can second-guess yourself and "fix" things. The original was a nice quirky story, while Humans fell into the hole of current SF esthetic, which tries to push a cold, heavily desaturated world, where technology is all "pop-wow" and even the robots that looked like cheap mannequins are now aesthetically hand-picked, strong-featured near-perfect avatars of people.