Identity (by The Liar)

Tales posted in the Stories section are collected here with their various parts.
DollSpace
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Identity (by The Liar)

Post by DollSpace » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:44 pm

Part 1

Isabelle woke up suddenly. It wasn’t surprise or shock, it was just sudden.

The last thing she remembered was the doctors at Geno Electronics medical division hooking her up to the nuroelectric imager, and giving her a sedative, saying they would be injecting her with a stimulant while she was asleep for a better reading and she might wake up with a mild headache.

Isabelle didn’t have a headache, or any kind of ache… but her body did feel odd. Not unpleasant exactly, just… odd. She wasn’t exactly sure what it was or how to describe it.

She was on an incline, and Dr. Fredrick and Jack Wendell, an intern on the project were standing over her. It was strange that Wendell would be there, as he didn’t come with them for the procedure, but Isabelle didn’t give it much thought.

“Fredrick, get those doctors in here,” Isabelle requested, “something is seriously off.”

Dr. Fredrick got a thoughtful look, and Wendell looked confused, and this was the only response.

“Don’t stand there like idiots!” Isabelle shouted, “This could be serious, get the damn doctors before I decide to sue you and Geno’s asses!”

“Is it supposed to think it’s me?” a vaguely familiar voice asked from out of sight.

Isabelle turned her head, and saw a woman at a table with an ice pack held to her head. The woman’s face she realized that it was the same one she saw in the mirror every morning. Then she realized that the voice sounded the same as hers from the video of the Christmas party.

“The procedure was unprecedented.” Dr. Fredrick, “Exactly what would happen was unknown. That’s why we did it, though this is not entirely unexpected. Your memories are a lot of data, and have likely overwhelmed her.”

Isabelle stared at herself.

“Funny joke guys,” Isabelle said nervously, “you can stop now.”

Fredrick sighed, and pulled out a mirror.

The face in it had shoulder length blond hair and emerald green eyes. It wasn’t her face.

She looked at her body now. She had DD breasts now and, was wearing the standard maidroid uniform. A low-cut aqua maid outfit with thigh high stockings, over her chest was the Geno Electronics logo, and printed on the right stocking was“P1-G2-M- S00000001 Nymph type ‘Mina’”. The Nymph part was just a pretty way to say sexbot.

This was far to elaborate to be a joke. Isabelle knew that those same marking were on her skin underneath where they were on her cloths. She felt under her skirt, and touched the recharge port at the base off her spine.

She was a robot.

When she had worked on the maidroids she had often thought of what it would be like to be one. They were machines, they had no rights, their minds could be reprogrammed or even erased at the whim of a human. She had found the idea terrifying.

Now she was one and she felt strangely absent of fear. Intellectually she understood that it was undesirable, but she was emotionally flatline on the subject. She suspected it was shock.

“I’m a robot.” It was a statement not a question.

“Yes.” Dr. Fredrick answered.

“Are you going to reprogram me?” Isabelle asked.

“What? No, never.” Dr. Fredrick answered casually, “You’re an experiment. The point of an experiment is to see what happens. When all is said and done you’ll be kept around for posterity’s sake if nothing else. We might analyze some data from time to time, but beside that, you’re free to do what you want.”

Isabelle tried to put her thought in order. She trusted Fredrick, he was a tad eccentric true, but he always had a kind of affection for the maidroids, so she was fairly certain that there was no immanent threat of having her mind altered.

But what to do now? Fredrick said she could do whatever she wanted.

She had had plans for her life. Ok yes the original still had that life and she was now technically a robot,so it might be a bit more difficult and need a tad bit of revision but, why not try to hit the ground running.

She had always hated the maidroid outfit, so first thing was to get new cloths.

“I want new cloths, this outfit sucks.” Isabelle stated, perhaps she should have asked a bit more politely given the circumstances, but she had always been straightforward and abrupt, so way change now?

“Of course, what ever you say Isa-“ Dr. Fredrick stopped mid reply “Um, it occurs to me that we already have an Isabelle, if we call you Isabelle it might get confusing, any other name we might use?”

He had a point, Isabelle thought. She momentarily thought of Mina, but dismissed it quickly. She was Isabelle, there for logically the name she used should be something Isabelle was called.

She had been called Izzy, as a child. She had hated it, but there was no other name she could think of. She took a moment and thought over the name Izzy. What exactly was wrong with it? In retrospective it didn’t seem so bad.

“Call me Izzy.” Isabelle or now Izzy now stated.

“Of course Izzy. Now you’ll also need lodging, I’m sure you don’t want to spend your time stuck in the lab.” Dr. Fredrick continued, “Wendell, you have a spare room, how about you take her for awhile.”

“What? Ah, well-“ Wendell began but was cut off by Dr. Fredrick.

“Oh yes, cloths!” Dr. Fredrick, “Wendell, take her out shopping, buy her what she wants. You’ll be reimbursed, and you may as well take her back to your house afterwards so she can get acclimatized.”

“Um, but-“ Wendell began but was once again interrupted by Dr. Fredrick.

“Come on Chop Chop.” Dr. Fredrick continued, unfazed by Wendell attempts at a say in matters.

“Ah, yes sir.” Wendell submitted.

Izzy and Wendell left, leavening Fredrick and the original Isabelle alone.

“I didn’t say anything,” Isabelle began, “because my head feels like I have a nail lodged in my skull, Mild headache my ass! But why did you just give my android over to Wendell?”

“Because, Wendell is spineless and easy to manipulate.” Dr. Fredrick stated, “He also live alone, is a slob, and can’t cook, and for the record, we are all considered Co-owners for the purposes of testing.”

Isabelle stared at him for a moment.

“Let me rephrase that,” Isabelle said slowly and in an annoyed voice. “What are you planing?”

“It’s an experiment. Observation and analysis of course.” Dr. Fredrick , “But to be specific…”

And he told her.

“Ok, I get it. I’ll go along with it for now,” Isabelle replied when he was done, “but I do have a favor to ask, don’t tell anyone I used to be called Izzy.”

“Don’t like it?” Dr. Fredrick asked ”I Hate it.”

“Excellent!”

To be continued...