Gynoids: Self-Aware or Not

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.

Would you like to have your robot self-aware or not?

Yes, I would!
60%
No, I don't want her to know!
13%
It depends on my mood; I'd alternate
26%
It doesn't matter
1%

Total votes: 70

DollSpace
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Gynoids: Self-Aware or Not

Post by DollSpace » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:53 am

This has probably been done to death here, but I've got a question: Would you want your android (or even others, assuming there is more than one android in the world) to know that she's a robot, or would you rather she be completely unawares? I'm gonna try and set up a poll here and hopefully it works! Also, for those into transformation and such, the question applies to *you* personally. Would you rather know you 're a robot or continue in blissful ignorance?

Thanks,
~Emily

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation

Re: Gynoids: Self-Aware or Not

Post by Stephaniebot » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:23 am

I'd love to know that I'd been transformed. If robots could celebrate, I would after that news!
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

petey
Identification: Human

Post by petey » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:31 pm

I think it'd just be so much more convenient for them to know. You don't have to alter any memories. And they can help with their own repair. And If I'm going to pay for her, I don't want her bossing me around ;)

Lithorien
Technosexuality: None of your business

Post by Lithorien » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:46 pm

petey wrote:And If I'm going to pay for her, I don't want her bossing me around ;)
But that's half the fun!

Yes Mistress-Bot.

DukeNukem 2417

Post by DukeNukem 2417 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:23 am

Self-aware, definitely.
Elvis Lives. Not in this timeline, but in quite a few others.
I am a traveler of both time and space, to be where I have been.

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:08 am

Unaware - unless they are very confused about what it means to be either human woman or metal.

Like they feel pity for human women who don't have the courage to upgrade, though they also know it's a secret kept from everyone else. They will surreptitiously upgrade human women, out of the goodness of their hearts.

Without even being asked.
What sweet, neighborly fembots!

- Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

hyperspace51

Post by hyperspace51 » Sun May 01, 2011 3:49 pm

SLEEPERS RULE!!! I would like them to act like they don't know what they are. It's a lot more fun.

Keizo

Post by Keizo » Sun May 01, 2011 4:01 pm

I only voted self-aware because of the way this question was worded, but I find it flawed. Self-aware in the sense of her knowing she is a robot and maintaining herself and not acting ashamed or superior because of it, but not in the sense of completely free-willed such as Skynet. What's the point of having a fembot if she'll potentially leave you or become incompatible?

Saya

Post by Saya » Mon May 09, 2011 12:10 am

Well, I myself am not sure. On the one hand, even a close to perfect (because nothing can ever be 100% perfect, especially in emulating the human mind) non-sentient stimulation would make me sort of disappointed or bored with it. Even if there were thousands of variations in the program, eventually it would do something that exposes it's lack of intelligence. On the other hand, owning a sentient being--even one that is semi-sentient as the "ideal" fembot would be--is basically a form of slavery, even if the slave is "willing". Which goes back to a philosophical point: if a self-aware being is programmed at it's core to do something that would otherwise be against it's nature, does that mean it is still sentient? Even if it was programmed to enjoy that lack of control, which...

Gah. I'm leaping into a philosophical quagmire and I'm only wearing slippers. I don't know. I guess the short of it is that it would depend on the situation. Heck, even my mood at that particular time.
"If the time should ever come when what is now called science, thus familiarized to men, shall be ready to put on, as it were, a form of flesh and blood, the Poet will lend his divine spirit to aid the transfiguration, and will welcome the Being thus produced, as a dear and genuine inmate of the household of man."
- William Wordsworth

xodar

Post by xodar » Mon May 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Unaware means never having to say you're sorry, or at least not really feeling bad about anything.
She'd just be a machine.
"You can believe me, because I never lie and I'm always right." -- George Leroy Tirebiter.
If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to hear it I don't give a rat's ass.
http://www.bbotw.com/product.aspx?ISBN=0-7414-4384-8
http://www.bbotw.com/description.asp?ISBN=0-7414-2058-9

Saerain

Post by Saerain » Tue May 31, 2011 9:42 am

I hope it's not against the rules of conduct here to say that I find that to be kind of troubling, depending on how advanced a brain we're talking about. I mean, if you're imagining something with the cognitive sophistication of a rodent, like modern PCs, just with highly advanced humanoid robotics, fine. But if you really mean something truly on par with humans, then I have to wonder how you can rationalize subhuman treatment of it, or how ignorance of its origins should affect that.

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Tue May 31, 2011 1:38 pm

i guess if you can make something similar to a cognitive brain then you gotta know how to inhibit certain routes of thinking, either using fail safe software or control the enviroment or memory of the thinking machine to accept a fake past....
anyway the Machine might think that what happens inside it's head happens with all the other humans
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
...i wouldn't release high capacity "i think im human" robots for domestic consumption (inner voice:of course you would) only candy types or robots that don't have any creativity in them.
human smart or above robots would dwell in labs or research facilities and be threated as humans or teached to respect life at least, just so they don't get any desire to destroy their creators, you can say that normal robots have to obey humans, but smart/sentient robots have to love humans or feel responsible for them, because eventually we'll need them to help make super hard decisions or concepts.
Last edited by --NightBattery-- on Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asato

Post by Asato » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:01 am

Saerain wrote:I hope it's not against the rules of conduct here to say that I find that to be kind of troubling, depending on how advanced a brain we're talking about. I mean, if you're imagining something with the cognitive sophistication of a rodent, like modern PCs, just with highly advanced humanoid robotics, fine. But if you really mean something truly on par with humans, then I have to wonder how you can rationalize subhuman treatment of it, or how ignorance of its origins should affect that.
I would never treat her as less than human

gynoneko
Identification: Cyborg

Post by gynoneko » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:35 am

Asato wrote:
Saerain wrote:I hope it's not against the rules of conduct here to say that I find that to be kind of troubling, depending on how advanced a brain we're talking about. I mean, if you're imagining something with the cognitive sophistication of a rodent, like modern PCs, just with highly advanced humanoid robotics, fine. But if you really mean something truly on par with humans, then I have to wonder how you can rationalize subhuman treatment of it, or how ignorance of its origins should affect that.
I would never treat her as less than human
Here here! :D
My heart and soul locked up in a cold steel frame
- Brian May

Madeleine

Post by Madeleine » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:53 am

for me, as i see myself in the role of the fembot, it's exciting to suddenly realize know i've been transformed into a bot.

i love the idea of acting totally normal, having my own personality and will, till my owner pushes the right buttons on his remote. suddenly i'd realize i'm unable to move, or speak, or remembering my name (or anything like that...).
i'd be aware when he's triggering programmed actions (like adopting a certain role, personality, behaviour ...) but i'd be unable to do anything about it. he even could switch off my self-awareness and turn me into a unaware machine-like doll, but i'd prefer to know it. being trapped inside myself. only there because he grants me to be... or maybe forces me to realize what i am? or forces me to like what i am, as he is able to control even my own personality, as my "own" personality it's nothing else but the "default" setting of me.

maybe my own personality would be a little bit bossy, so the sweet pain of realizing losing control about myself while following the scripted routines my owner filled my hard drives with would be... well a big turn-on.

then he pushes the reboot-button and i'd turn back to my normal, my own personality, in full control of myself, having forgotten about being a fembot, and having forgotten anything that happend in the minutes (hours? days?) before.
BEEP

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:48 am

Madeleine wrote:then he pushes the reboot-button and i'd turn back to my normal, my own personality, in full control of myself, having forgotten about being a fembot, and having forgotten anything that happened in the minutes (hours? days?) before.
Your writing evokes an early introduction for me into the art of seduction through induction.

If I learn that such a ring becomes available for sale, I'll be sure to mention it here.

- Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

Madeleine

Post by Madeleine » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:46 am

dale coba wrote: Image
great scene!
BEEP

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:30 pm

Gilligans_Island_-_s03e09_Ring_Around_Gilligan.avi

Now available at the Stepfordworld FTP.

- Dale Coba

Grendizer

Post by Grendizer » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:54 pm

I guess it depends on what you mean by "awareness." That's already tricky, even for normal humans. But if you mean, "she acts as though she understands her nature" then my answer would be yes. I don't mind if she knows she's a 'bot, as long as her behavior is consistent with my desires. But if you mean "she makes independent judgments about her nature" then my answer would be no. I don't want her to infer things beyond the parameters of her purpose -- as Dale Coba has said, (to paraphrase) being "nice" to poor obsolete human females by upgrading them, for instance.
If freedom is outlawed, only outlaws will be free.

My Stories: Teacher: Lesson 1, Teacher: Lesson 2, Quick Corruptions, A New Purpose

JenDroid

Post by JenDroid » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:42 pm

Stephaniebot wrote:I'd love to know that I'd been transformed. If robots could celebrate, I would after that news!
Me, too, Stephanie!
It would be a nicer world if a portion of women were robots, and I definitely want to be one of them.