How do you write a srcipt?

Share your fembot fiction and fantasies here or discuss the craft of writing by asking for or giving suggestions.
Android Lady

How do you write a srcipt?

Post by Android Lady » Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:21 pm

Hi!

Just curious, but does anyone here know how to write a script? Or know how to turn a story into a script? I just thought that it might be kewl to make a gynoid story in script form, like for a movie or a TV show pilot. It would be great to do that, a story board to go along with the script would be fantastic too.

Just an idea!
Thanks

ehy
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by ehy » Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:10 pm

Short answer: Yes.

For a longer answer... well, what is it you want to know? If you're mostly looking to write for fun (or for us!), then you can use pretty much any format that is clear and easy to follow. A good style that's easy to write and read looks like this:
SCENE 1: The store

It looks kind of like a clothing shop, with no clothes and lots of mannequins - but each mannequin is really an android, waiting for a master. JOE, a clean-cut young man, walks around the store, eyeing each of the motionless females. He stops at one: CATHERINE, a sexy blonde model. He flips a switch on the wall next to her, and she comes to life.

JOE: So you're an android, huh?

CATHERINE (rolls her eyes): Duh.

JOE: Don't get cheeky, dear.

(He looks pointedly at the switch.)

CATHERINE: I'm sorry. (You can tell she isn't, really, but she doesn't want him to turn her off again.) Yes, sir, I'm an android.
Most plays are written in a style like that. Screenplays use a different format, one which is harder to do without some effort, but it doesn't really add any different information. Unless you're actually trying to sell a screenplay to a producer, I wouldn't bother with it - and if you are, you should consult a professional reference. Personally I'd recommend The Complete Book of Scriptwriting, by J. Michael Straczynski. I'd also write it the easy way first, then reformat it in screenplay format later, to save myself trouble.

For casual writing, the best thing to do is to look at scripts and see how they're written. If you haven't read plays in English class (or been involved in any), you can go into any bookstore or library and find some modern plays, and skim them to see more details of the usual format than I can provide in a brief example.

Scripts intended for actual production shouldn't include too much detail of characters' appearances and exact motions, or the look of a room, or camera angles - include only what's necessary to convey your story. Directors like to have plenty of flexibility to make their own choices about what things should look like (and often need to - if your script demands things the production can't afford to do, they either won't do it or will ignore what you wrote anyway), and actors want to be able to bring their own talents and interpretations to the characters.

If you're writing for readers like us, and not so much looking for it to actually be produced, include lots of detail, just as if you were writing a story. For us, you're writer, producer, director all in one, with an unlimited budget - tell us what you want us to imagine we're seeing and hearing.

(Um, okay, I didn't expect to go on that long...)

tectile

Post by tectile » Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:54 am

Hey Android Lady,

Go ahead and give it a shot. It would be great to read a story/screenplay/script from a female member. Who kows, maybe someone will see it and it mite even get made. Stranger things have happened rite?

Android Lady

Post by Android Lady » Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:20 pm

Thanks for the advice ehy ... I have an existing complete story from a Virtual series that I want to make called Tracer which I've been working at, haven't been for awhile though, Kishin has done some fantastic art for it and I'm trying to put a proper website together. It would be great to make it out in script form.

ehy

Post by ehy » Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:51 pm

Sounds cool! Let me know if you want any help - edit/proofread, for instance. I make no promises, but won't mind being asked.

robolover69000
Technosexuality: Built

Post by robolover69000 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:36 pm

Hello Android Lady
For writing scripts this is a good book to use:
The Complete Book of Scriptwriting by
J. Michael Straczynski

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Book-Scr ... 1582971587

And yes that is the J. Michael Straczynski of Babylon 5 fame so you know its good

Hope this helps

Robo Lover 69000 the Gynoid gynecologist
PS Just to let you know if you have any Gynoids who need a gynecological exam, I am your man, reasonable rates and the breast exam is always free! :lol:

The Egg

Post by The Egg » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:01 pm

Get a copy of the program Final Draft. It automates script-writing headers, plus comes with a bunch of examples for TV, movie and stage plays, and is a good general text editor.