Gynoid Conversion, an interactive fiction game

Share your fembot fiction and fantasies here or discuss the craft of writing by asking for or giving suggestions.
NukuNookee

Gynoid Conversion, an interactive fiction game

Post by NukuNookee » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:44 pm

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but...

I've uploaded a game I based off of Imperator Zor's story Darwin Accelerated to Deviant art. It's based on Shrimpy's v011 Infection, I've tweaked it a bit to fit the story. http://nukunookee.deviantart.com/art/Gy ... -156447902

This is my first stab at writing interactive fiction since playing MUDs in the early 1990's, so be gentle. :)

Not really sexually explicit, though it does have some adult themes. Kind of a fun romp to see what I could do in a day or so's effort.

Comments are welcome and appreciated.

NukuNookee

Post by NukuNookee » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:18 pm

I've uploaded the latest edition of Gynoid Conversion to deviantart, a link: http://nukunookee.deviantart.com/art/Gy ... -156559852

Basic story: Gynoids(fembots) manufactured by the Fei Robotics corporation have decided the best way to help mankind through the next step of evolution... is to make them into Gynoids!

New in this version: some mysterious items received in the mail from Fei Robotics, along with a command to force someone to join the gynoid group mind. Check the help and your inventory for more info.

Fixes:
Fixed the Male->Female naming bugs, cleaned up text and corrected typos. Improved logic, not quite so cumbersome (I.E. when joined to the group mind, injecting yourself no longer results in "yourself(GN-2/43/105)", instead it's "yourself".

Added much more variation in color, hair styles, boots, etc. I decided to hard code it for each character instead of making it random, though random might be a lot of fun.

Added a bit more background information as well.

This release is good enough that, barring any serious bugs found in the next couple days, I'll upload the .inform project (source code) as well.

Ideas for the future: Graphics to display to show changes to each body part (only displaying when you change, otherwise it'd be a bit too cluttered.) Maybe some expansion in the number of rooms. Possibly some cleanup / table creation to speed up placement of the monsters / NPCs involved.

darkbutflashy
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by darkbutflashy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:24 am

Nice thing, NukuNookee. I thought about doing such a thing in inform myself. Now that you are on it, I'm whirling around like a spinning top. Have to dive into it. Source code would be nice.

(Time to register on deviantart...)

dark
Do you like or dislike my ongoing story Battlemachine Ayako? Leave a comment on the story's discussion pages on the wiki or in that thread. Thank you!

NukuNookee

New version of Gynoid conversion, with sources

Post by NukuNookee » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:04 am

New version of Gynoid Conversion: http://nukunookee.deviantart.com/art/Gy ... -156684677

Source code here: http://www.4shared.com/file/237387456/9 ... nform.html

New in this version: random color assignment, partial loss of control to AI, slowed down pacing to about 1/3 of previous. Much more playable as a game.

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:26 am

Okayyyyy. I think I made a quick hack trough it.

Code: Select all

> look at scanner
There are 34 gynoids, 0 unchanged and 1 partly changed.
> score
You have so far scored 23 out of a possible 150, in 170 turns.
Owww, that hurts, only 23 of 150... Up to some (positive, I think) criticsm.

Your game has some nice concepts. First thing is the domino effect of converting someone. That's a nice idea. The bad thing about it it all happens just too fast, because any gynoid is able to convert others right from the start. From storytelling point of view, such a rush should be somewhere in the endgame as a blowoff. The way it is now the whole game feels like an endgame.

The messages about conversions are a little disturbing, too, but I think thats just for the effect of "diving into" the hive mind. Same as above, that's endgame fun in my view.

Conversions are described in very detail, but all the same, which is sort of boring. Ok, they are all converted into same-featured machines, so what? But people are not the same before being converted. They *should* have distinct features to emphasize the effect being turned into machines. For example, they should be in some rooms only, should do some actions and should answer differently if you talk to them.

Then, it needs just more interaction with objects. More things to be able to do. Ok, thats something to come anyway, though.

What kind of game do you have in mind? Just like an hommage to the original story, some technical demo, or should it be eloborated and have its own story? If you don't mind, I'm willing to volunteer, both with ideas and programming. I think the possibiltites of interactive fiction are greatly underestimated here. Or maybe just noone feels able to try but us two?

dark
Do you like or dislike my ongoing story Battlemachine Ayako? Leave a comment on the story's discussion pages on the wiki or in that thread. Thank you!

NukuNookee

Post by NukuNookee » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:18 am

This was mainly done to this point to work out the infection engine.

Next, will be some story leading up to it. The player may have some, limited opportunity to stop the events, or change how they're carried out. The player may be able to speed up the events instead.

NPCs haven't been programmed out yet to be individuals, they're just placeholders for the time being.

Oh, and the score is entirely arbitrary. ;) I've achieved 47 points, so I felt 50 was a bit close in. So I made the max score 150. :O

I still have some infection engine tweeks to work out (Third person descriptions of changes to NPCs for example... until both they and the player are linked to the group mind.)

Your ideas are welcome. Thanks.

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:35 am

I have installed gnome-inform on my box and are currently reading http://www.ifwiki.org/index.php/Inform_ ... rogrammers

I think of making a small game of my own, just to get the feeling for inform. We could share ideas.

dark

NukuNookee

Post by NukuNookee » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:16 pm

If you like the infection engine, it might be easier to start with Shrimpy's original code (or maybe not, I did make quite a few logic tweaks).

It's available here: http://www.4shared.com/file/71554433/5f ... on011.html

Have fun. I need to note in the source code that it is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License.

There's a transformation related gaming site here, which has some other games and information: http://www.tfgamessite.com/phpbb3/index.php

NukuNookee

Gynoid Conversion game updated to version 10

Post by NukuNookee » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:54 pm

A new version is out. Updated to have some game play, mass gynoid conversion doesn't start for an hour of game time, unless you start it early. :)

Updated descriptions for all of the gynoids, they are now different depending on the status of your head. Adria is now hiding herself as a human until the mass conversions begin.

Pressure injector can now be used on others.

It is now possible to kill all of the gynoids and end the game as well.

Complied game here: http://nukunookee.deviantart.com/art/Gy ... -156778448

Source code here: http://www.4shared.com/file/238009364/6 ... nform.html

Source code released under a creative commons attribution, non-commercial, share and share alike license.

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:44 am

Nice! I play with it after I learned the basics. In the long run, the infection engine could be made into an extension, making all the transformation features easily be changed.

dark

NukuNookee

Post by NukuNookee » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:23 am

The TFSXX.i7x files on the 4shared folder linked above are an extension version of the infection code.

Here's the latest version: http://www.4shared.com/file/193411173/2 ... TFS05.html

I've already found a small logic error and some typos... more to come, I'm sure. 8)

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:11 am

Thanks again.

For my current idea, I think about having numeric properties for "dull/bright", "handsome/unalluring", "well-bred/naughty", and current affiliation to groups like "good girls/bad girls" for each NPC in the game. Stats of NPC would be changing on actions the PC does and properties and affiliations may change. That way, we would have a generic facility for handling a great number of "Names don't matter" NPCs.

What do you think about it?

dark

NukuNookee

Post by NukuNookee » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:59 pm

Sounds kind of interesting. I haven't found a way in Inform 7 to add random NPCs. Though you can create a pool of NPCs, and if you don't put them anywhere, they stay in the background.

You can then randomly add them, or individually, whenever the time is right.

If you're going to use random, it's good to have an alive or dead flag, or you might resurrect someone. :)

NukuNookee

Gynoid Conversion game updated to version 11

Post by NukuNookee » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:59 pm

I've uploaded version 11 of Gynoid Conversion here: http://nukunookee.deviantart.com/art/Gy ... -156879165

Source code uploaded here: http://www.4shared.com/file/238741832/d ... nform.html

New in version 11, released 3/10/2010: Game play expanded. Working manufacturing and repair cells (see help.) Assembly line works (can add up to 8 gynoids). Killing gynoids has repercussions. Look, examine and inventory no longer take a turn.

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:55 am

NukuNookee wrote:I haven't found a way in Inform 7 to add random NPCs. Though you can create a pool of NPCs, and if you don't put them anywhere, they stay in the background.
I think it is possible by making complicated stunts with dynamic allocation, which is is exception in Inform7, usually all the parts of the story are statically allocated. I don't think it is a problem, though. As you noted, they just may stay in the background and may be randomly picked and placed into the scenery.

Maybe we both are coming too much from programmers side here. Inform7 ist designed for "literate programming", so you just tell the story and if it doesn't work out, you add additional rules. I tested a little with numeric properties but found lists of values more easy to handle. Numeric properties would make sense if someone coded a fuzzy logic module, which I think has to be done in Inform6 code. But thats all fantasy now ^^;
If you're going to use random, it's good to have an alive or dead flag, or you might resurrect someone. :)
Or semi-alive? I tend to use value lists instead of plain booleans. When testing, they work just as booleans, when setting, they work as radio buttons. So they are a kind of multi-value-boolean, which comes in handy very often. With some additional definitions, you can also make up additional "pseudo-booleans" to test for.

Code: Select all

Include Plurality by Emily Short.

A thing can be odorless, fragrant, smelly or weird-smelling.
Instead of smelling a fragrant thing: say "Nice scent."
Instead of smelling a smelly thing: say "Brr, smelly."

A person can be nasty, nice or crazy.
A person can be fierce or cowardly.
A person can be dumb, dull, bright, smart or brilliant.
A person can be handsome or unattractive.
A person can be flabby, skinny, beefy or athletic.

Definition: a person is dangerous
	if it is nasty
	and it is fierce.
Definition: a person is usually unattractive
	if it is smelly
	or it is weird-smelling
	or it is flabby
	or it is beefy.

Instead of smelling a dangerous person: say "I won't. [Cap it-they of the noun] just would beat me to the floor."
Maybe we could come up with even more descriptions what a person may be. Non-programmers please volunteer.

dark

NukuNookee

Post by NukuNookee » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:04 pm

I've written a quick and dirty homepage for my game, http://gynoid.game-host.org/

There's a Java Telnet Client and instructions on how to connect to an online (single player) version of the game, for those who've had trouble running it, along with the latest compiled game and source code.

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:10 pm

Have you considered "Zag"? It's a Java Glulxe interpreter.

dark

NukuNookee

Post by NukuNookee » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:24 pm

darkbutflashy wrote:Have you considered "Zag"? It's a Java Glulxe interpreter.

dark
Zag runs out of memory on the description parser, it's based on Glulx 2.0.0, but most all of the other interpreters (and the compiler in Inform 7) use Glulx 3.1.

I've compiled Git on Linux, I'll put a copy of the static linked version on my website http://gynoid.game-host.org/sources/git-static

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:22 pm

I have to admit the strong typing in Inform7 gives me headaches every few minutes or so. Nevertheless, I played a little with the "smelling" property, made it general to things and rooms, with three different smelling rulesets. One for humans and two for gynoids. I think it could be tightened up but I have to learn more and won't let Inform7 frustrate me.

dark

NukuNookee

Post by NukuNookee » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:20 pm

You can embed Inform 6 code to bypass the strong typing, should you need to.

Check out: http://www.ifwiki.org/index.php/Inform_ ... ers/Part_1

Really helpful guide, learned a lot from it.

Part 5 covers embedding Inform 6 code.

NukuNookee

Gynoid Conversion game updated to version 12

Post by NukuNookee » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:54 am

Ok, updated the game again... I just can't stop. ;)

Fixed up some pronoun issues, the language flows a little better, though I'm still tweaking it. Not so many name repititions, now there are more "his/her" usages.

Fixed a couple of minor logic issues as well. Filled out the door descriptions a bit, and made the glass ones transparent. You can now look inside the manufacturing / repair cells.

The manufacturing cells and repair cell are fully functional now, you can use them to convert others as well as yourself (they pick a random person in the room to convert.)

You can also summon extra people with the "summon person" command, up to 8 times. Useful for playing with the cells. :twisted:

The cells work by ensuring both hands and both feet are converted, then doubling the infection spread rate. The cells check to see if they're already occupied as well.

New compiled game file here: http://nukunookee.deviantart.com/art/Gy ... -156982113

Sources here: http://www.4shared.com/file/239544407/5 ... nform.html
Gynoid Conversion, how can we make you better today?
Latest version 38 beta here. Alternate site here.

NukuNookee

Gynoid Conversion game updated to version 13

Post by NukuNookee » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:34 am

After slaving away all day in a comfy chair, I've brought you a new release of Gynoid Conversion (version 13, just what everyone needs. :lol: )

Anyway, new in this version... are graphics! That's right, watch the initial transformation as it occurs. Graphics also show up for each body part in the scanner.

There are a few more graphics in the game: Check out Evelyn's description (in Adria's Office west of the main entrance to Fei Robotics), your own description after your changes, and the three pictures in the filing cabinet to the west of the factory floor.

Fixed up some logic / parser errors too, language should look better.

Compiled gblorb file for Git or other 3.1 Gluxe interpreter here: http://nukunookee.deviantart.com/art/Gy ... -157082440

Source code (including necessary images) available here: http://www.4shared.com/file/240174897/c ... nform.html

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:24 am

Yeah, I know the guide. My first action was to check all available information and at least skip through it. The "for programmers" guide was most useful to me. The "receipe book" was useful, too. But I just miss parts describing the grammar of the language. I'm stuck at things that would be easy in other languages, like delegation of actions to included objects.

For example, I'd like to have each person has a nose. (I would be fun to have a gynoid has removeable body parts.) But it should be different for the persons in the game. I'm stuck at finding out which kind of nose the subject has... I made up some code which is compiling, but at runtime, it just goes through the code parts of any nose kinds actually used in the game.

It's a little like the old saying: "Make a language that way programmers could write in english and you will find programmers cannot write in english." (ok, it's even harder for me as english is not my mother tongue).

dark

NukuNookee

Gynoid Conversion game updated to version 14

Post by NukuNookee » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:33 am

Whew... done with version 14. Lots of logic / parser / AI cleanup, the gynoid AI is much smarter and more efficient, the game is a bit faster.

I've added some new graphics, and cleaned up a lot of the existing ones. There's a bit of new content in the security office, and look at Evelyn or Cynthia.

Improved the gynoid combat a bit, it's possible to kill all the gynoids and win the game, if you're lucky and you know who to kill in advance. :twisted:

Note: Still no conversation with any NPCs, it will be added in later update.

Anyway, the latest update is available here: http://nukunookee.deviantart.com/art/Gy ... -157204224

Source code is available here: http://www.4shared.com/file/240890202/7 ... nform.html

Comments are welcome and appreciated. Consume and Enjoy!

NukuNookee

Gynoid Conversion game updated to version 15

Post by NukuNookee » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:51 am

Just finished up version 15. Much enhanced gynoid AI, now they hunt down those who kill them. :twisted:

Added separate male / female TF text, so it's a bit more fun. Made an option to turn off the graphics that display during changes (great for testing.) Corrected some odd logic errors that came up. Added a lot more function to the group mind... try wearing the headphones, then killing the gynoids. There are now two difficulty settings, easy has 1/2 the killed gynoid respawn rate that hard does.

All in all, a much more interesting game is evolving here. Still no conversations with NPCs, that'll be added in an upcoming release.

Here's the compiled .gblorb file for use with Git or other glulx interpreters: http://nukunookee.deviantart.com/art/Gy ... -157319746

Here's the updated source code and images: http://www.4shared.com/file/241514584/f ... nform.html

As always, comments are welcome and appreciated.