UK documentary idea on loving a robot

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
LandmarkFilms

UK documentary idea on loving a robot

Post by LandmarkFilms » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:07 am

Hi there
I work for Landmark Films (see www.landmarkfilms.com) in the UK - we are an independent television documentary company based in Oxford, England. We have made many films for BBC1, BBC2, BBC3 and Ch4 channels here in the UK. And we pride ourselves on making sensitive, honest and well crafted films and on having excellent relationships with our contributors.

I am currently developing a programme idea for Ch4 on the possibility of Robolove -personal/intimate human relationships with robots, and whether this could ever become a reality. Could robots become so human-like that people could fall in love, have sex or marry them? How close are current developments in humanoid robots to this idea? Are robots being developed to be able to engage in some kind of personal relationship with humans?

I am also trying to find out if there are any human-like or advanced robots currently being developed or being unveiled next year? Is there a big robot Expo coming up next year for example? Or body suits/haptic interfaces you can wear to give you a virtual sensory experience as if you are with someone else?

I also want to explore those who would consider a robot-human personal relationship or who think they could love a robot. Do you keep an eye on latest technological robot advancements? I am keen to speak to those in the ASFR community who might be willing to take part should this get the green light.

It would be great to hear your thoughts on personal relationships with robots. If we are lucky enough to get such a programme commissioned it would be great to know if you would be interested.

If you have time, please drop me a line directly at emma@landmarkfilms.com that would be great.
Best wishes
Emma Goddard
Emma Goddard
Producer
Landmark Films
emma@landmarkfilms.com
www.landmarkfilms.com

Kuro

Post by Kuro » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:30 am

I live in the UK, so if such a thing were to air on UK TV, I would certainly watch it.

There are currently human-like robots; running a Google search for "androids" should get you quite a good list. My favourites are Maidroid, Aiko and HRP-4C. Next year, as far as I know, none are being released.

Robot AI is progressing quite a bit; most robot AI runs in a similar way to a chatbot system, but far more advanced.

There are many robot expos yearly, most of which concern robots in general and not specifically humanoid ones. Again, a short bit of Googling should get you a list.

If you wish to contact me about anything concerning this, send an email to kur0@hotmail.co.uk.

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:30 am

Have already been contacted by, and replied to by email.
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

PsychoKirby

Post by PsychoKirby » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:12 am

I've e-mailed a response. This sounds very promising! Looking forward to it! :D
<b><i>"To you, a robot is a robot. Gears and metal; electricity and positrons. Mind and iron! Human-made! If necessary, human-destroyed! But you haven't worked with them, so you don't know them. They're a cleaner, better breed than we are."</i></b>

PsychoKirby

Post by PsychoKirby » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:58 am

Hope I was able to help. :)
<b><i>"To you, a robot is a robot. Gears and metal; electricity and positrons. Mind and iron! Human-made! If necessary, human-destroyed! But you haven't worked with them, so you don't know them. They're a cleaner, better breed than we are."</i></b>

still time
Banned

Post by still time » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:23 am

Kuro wrote:I live in the UK, so if such a thing were to air on UK TV, I would certainly watch it.

There are currently human-like robots; running a Google search for "androids" should get you quite a good list. My favourites are Maidroid, Aiko and HRP-4C. Next year, as far as I know, none are being released.

Robot AI is progressing quite a bit; most robot AI runs in a similar way to a chatbot system, but far more advanced.

There are many robot expos yearly, most of which concern robots in general and not specifically humanoid ones. Again, a short bit of Googling should get you a list.

If you wish to contact me about anything concerning this, send an email to kur0@hotmail.co.uk.
Here's a good kink for you:
http://www.projectaiko.com/