What do you all like...

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
Plastic_rose
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Human

What do you all like...

Post by Plastic_rose » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:38 am

I know I'm newish here and there for this question may go largely unanswered... Also while I have looked around I haven't found another topic like this so if there is an I've missed it could someone point me at it...

My question is what do each of you like in your fembot fiction, I mean like what kinda of twists and plot devices do you like such as... human to robot (or not) malfunctioning, metal skin, real looks, panels... that type of stuff...

I'm not asking this to turn this into a "Eww you like this and I don't so you are weird topic..." I'm asking this because I'm interested in knowing more about other's tastes... (so please don't make negative comments on other people's tastes if you take part in this thread.)

Thanks in advance for anything you'd be willing to say.

droidlvr
Banned

Post by droidlvr » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:06 am

the instant a panel comes off (especially in such a vital place as the head) and the machine inside is revealed, there is no more doubt, or question that what you interact with is a machine. And better still its the ultimate integration of the beauty of the female form with the perfection of the machine
I'd doubt that I could have expressed the idea any better,especially the part about where the panel is located.I've come to think prosthesis whenever I see the over used open panels on limbs. A talking partially disassembled head or headless sexy body in motion says absolutely fembot to me. :) I might add that I've never seen anywhere the kind of depiction of an android partially disassembled as that maledroid in the first of the Alien movies.
I seriously wish to see something like that involving a fembot. :(

Borias

Post by Borias » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:29 am

Welcome!

It would probably help if you were forthcoming with your own preferences. You would expect open-mindedness in a "fetish community", but the people at FC are absolutely amazing how supportive they are. Tastes are wide and varied, so I'll let everyone speak for themselves.

I have significant social issues, so for me this has always represented the personification of an object more than the objectification of a person. When I was growing up, my Nintendo was my only friend, so I think I eventually started to yearn for it to care about me. Emotion is critical, even in an "emotionless" robot.

Summer Glau said it best-
"Cameron's deep love for John is because he is her whole reason for existing... I think that is love, and I think she would do anything for him, and in her reality, I think that's what love is for her."
As for the physical aspect, I'm definitely in the minority because the face is critical (see my avatar). I would be willing to sacrifice every other physical element in favor of the face. That doesn't mean it can't be plastic or metal or light up, but it has to be anthropomorphic. Then again, maybe I desire the same "warm femininity and cold electronics" as the others, but just invert the sources.

I want a wonder woman. I want her to be bulletproof and able to dead-lift half a ton. I want to be able to identify that she's not human both by looking at her, and by easy conversational deduction. Oh, and integrated weapons are always hot.

God Bless America, because Japan might be the first country to build fembots but you know that we'll be the first one to hollow them out and stuff them with chainguns. By the way, that little tic of mine isn't a "danger" thing, it's a safety one. If your gynoid companion is the ultimate Future Force Warrior, you should be able to trust that she could kill anyone in the world... except you.

Korby
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by Korby » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:05 am

I think Kishin and droidlvr have got it pretty close on as far as what I like. An open panel in a such a place that removes any doubt that a woman is a machine is a major plus. Kishin's also on to something big with the idea that the visual juxtaposition of feminine beauty and artificiality is key.

Transformation is another thing that can grab my interest, but (as is probably clear from the Dyson stuff I've done) my very strong preference is for a non-invasive type of transformation that does not physically affect the woman's original organic body--something more in the transhumanistic mind-uploading kind of vein. What I like is the idea that a woman has voluntarily (and indeed enthusiastically) elected to forego flesh and its limitations in favor of a synthetic body, and then positively revels in the new possibilities of life as a machine. She has the option of returning to her organic body if she chooses... but ultimately she may not be terribly interested in doing so.

Taking that one step further, I also like the idea of an android woman who finds her new existence in and of itself to be a source of sexual arousal. Opening an access panel, or being partially disassembled, or being serviced, maintained, and repaired is intensely erotic for her because it reinforces the fact that she is completely robotic.

That all being said, androids who are built rather than transformed are not at all without their charms. One thing I like very much either way is the female android that is almost totally indistinguishable from an organic woman in every way, physically and behaviorally. Somehow the more apparently human she is, the better I like it when her true robotic nature is exposed.

--k
"Oh shut up Ray don't talk about gettin' with a robot
That is a ill idea"
--Roast Beef
http://achewood.com

Outsider

Post by Outsider » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:08 am

I think of fembot fiction as an intersection of many different interests.

I try to understand human nature better. I try to explore it by imagining a slightly different human nature. A robotic body and mind could allow someone to go beyond what their organic body and mind would allow.

I have a transformation fetish. I grew up with body issues, due to a birth defect. I always wanted a new and better body. A robotic body is only a means to explore that. An organic body would do just as well.

For me, the robotic elements are only a means to these interests. For me, face-offs, etc. don't do anything, and malfunctions are worrisome at best, devastating at worst.

Some of my personal turn-offs include:

* death / destruction of any conscious being
* straight sex
* torture
* rape
* cops

Stephaniebot
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:50 pm

Some might say I have body issues lol!

I prefer transformation to creation, but I do prefer that transformation to be voluntary, cant think why!
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

Plastic_rose

Post by Plastic_rose » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:29 pm

Borias: you are totally right… I posted this message rather late at night and totally forgot to include my own preferences, sorry about that.

My preferences summed up in far to few words…

I must say at this point part of my tastes look unique to just me…

Firstly I am rather fond of transformation… a human becoming a robot… I’ve never really thought about why that interests me it just does.

I prefer willingness to being forced, however that being said, I have dealt with forced before and so long as the new robot is happy with herself (without being forced in that aspect) at the end then that’s fine to.

I don’t need sex as an element at all (it can ruin a good story) but I’d prefer lesbian or is that lesbot sex… However male / fembot sex can be a means to an end for me.

Okay now for the controversial part of my taste: I am fond of males being turned into female robots, the idea that a male could be turned into female robot and find enjoyment in her new life, free from the limits and restrictions of her male body really pushes buttons for me.

Maybe the whole willingness thing is about surrendering what you are to become something better… I don’t know.

petey

Post by petey » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:55 pm

http://www.many-realms.net/LTBSA/stories/memo12.html
http://www.many-realms.net/LTBSA/stories/finally.htm

Ok, so it's more 'feminization' than 'forced', but it's been explored somewhat. I'll admit that a man being transformed against his will into a gynoid is rare (and that may be robotman's issue), feminization does pop up.

visceralpsyche

Post by visceralpsyche » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:22 am

Good thread!

For me it's fairly complicated and it's not a single element I can point to and say "that's the key".

My main enjoyment of fembots (and humanoid robots in general) is the emotional elements they discover by themselves.

It is their innocence to the evils of the world, the clean slate emotionally, that interests me. The childlike wonder of seeing something for the first time, of being surprised in a good way by something unexpected, both by the thing and their emotional reaction to that thing (self awareness).

The sensual aspect of this idea comes into play through that most favoured of many people's fantasies, virginity. To be the first to sexually awaken someone, or in this case something, is a powerful emotional release.

We are human so we are naturally attracted to the human form physically. The machine aspects of that form, of us being able to peer inside it, give us that same feeling of defloration that comes from the discovery of someone's sexual regions that haven't been exposed to anyone else before. We feel a mastery of our domain at that point, something we innately enjoy in all aspects of life. So panels to me are interesting not as sexual fantasy per se but as a hint of what lies within.

That idea of innocence, virginity, both physical and emotional, is what gets me every time when it comes to fantasising about fembots.

Any surprise then that the first episode of Visceral Black is entitled "Virginal"?? :wink:

Of course, with movies, tragedy and conflict are far more interesting as a story arc than puppy dogs and ice cream, so whilst my movies will incorporate the innocence aspects, they will more than likely soon run headlong into the harsh realities of the real world and the evil that men do....

Cheers,

Paul

andoroido
Technosexuality: Built

Post by andoroido » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:37 am

Let's not restart the semi-annual mainstream hetero vs. transformation debate again. But then, there are always new members who maybe don't know of it.

Even by trying to come up with a name for it I probably offended someone.

I think of myself as mainstream hetero, this is FEMbot central. Sexy gynoids is practically the most mainstream fetish of all if you really think about it. Men wanting to have perfect women tailored to the every desire? I almost can't even understand why it's even considered a fetish. Someday it'll merely be controversial, as inter-racial sex was (and still is, in many places), but not deviant.

But ASFR also presents a "realistic" (in some future) option for those who want to switch genders. It may be a turn on for some, but it is definitely a turn OFF for many others. Two very un-alike ideas find themselves under the same tent.

I assume that plain old vanilla gynoid stories are merely uninteresting for the TS crowd, but not a turn off.

Just as long as we remember that these are facets of the same fetish, but SEPERATE facets. A lot of us don't dig the TS aspect, and don't even want to think about it. [I try to avoid any threads that look like they're headed for TS material, and appreciate when TS fiction has been labelled as such clearly]

But we don't want to delete it, that would be rude. Some people here enjoy it, and we wouldn't want to spoil their fun.

That probably all came out wrong, but I guess the key is, TS in ASFR is a sensitive issue.

Outsider

Post by Outsider » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:13 am

Well, there are several reasons for transformation fetishes. These don't usually involve gender transformation, and those which involve gender transformation don't all have the same reasons or follow the same patterns.

For example, some people have problems with their bodies. I think that people who grow up with birth defects and/or disabilities, including actual transsexual people, are more likely to develop transformation fetishes to overcome these.

For another example, some people have problems with their social roles. I think that these people may develop transformation fantasies as an extension of submission, humiliation and/or disappearance fantasies. Most, but certainly not all forced-feminization stories fall into this category.

I am disappointed by how many gender transformation fantasies involve the transformation of an intelligent man into an unintelligent woman. That suggests that women are less intelligent than men. I am not upset by the transformation of an assertive person into an unassertive person. Assertiveness is no better than unassertiveness. However, I am disappointed by how many involve the transformation of an assertive man into an unassertive woman, and how few involve unassertive man into assertive woman.

Outsider

Post by Outsider » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:22 am

P.S. I haven't explored this in writing, but I have wondered about 'bots that switch between conscious and non-conscious beings.

Suppose that the robot body can run continuously, as long as it spends enough time plugged in, but the human mind within can only consciously operate 16-20 hours straight, needs to dream-cycle 2-4 hours daily, and needs to maintenance-cycle 2-4 hours daily.

So why not equip the robot body with non-conscious processors which can take over for 4-8 hours per day?

You could also pair two 'bots with alternating D/s cycles.