Monthly Story Competition

Share your fembot fiction and fantasies here or discuss the craft of writing by asking for or giving suggestions.
Android675
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Monthly Story Competition

Post by Android675 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:55 am

It seems like the quantity of stories has dropped recently, and in an effort to spur pens to paper, I'm going to try offering a monthly prize.

I'm not sure how well this will work, but I figure it's worth a shot.

Here's the deal - at the end of each calendar month I'll select one story and give the author $100, via PayPal.

A few caveats: while the goal here is to encourage people to write more stories, since I'm the one giving out the prize I'll be pre-disposed towards stories with transformations (big bonus points!) and malfunctions. Also, the story must have some robot sex in it!

Some of my favorite stories over the years have been Aquaphobia (and most of Silent Lurker's stuff), The Makeover stories (most of BA's stuff, for that matter), of course The Offer, Part 2, Rebecca, Party Girls, Tanya (and most of Fembotlover 7's stuff), and more recently Crash, A Meeting at Meg's, and Darci, Natalie & Bruce.

Also, in addition to the $100 monthly prize, I'm offering $100 each to WJBaines, Serf, and 123Bot if they finish Darci, Natalie & Bruce, Party Girls and Rebecca, respectively. Those are my three favorite unfinished stories, and I'd love to finally read the endings.

A

Moxon

Post by Moxon » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:53 pm

I think this is a great idea, thanks so much.
"Whoso who would be a man must be a non-conformist."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Loganov
Technosexuality: Built

Post by Loganov » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:14 pm

I assume that Sept. 30th is the first cut-off?

jpetoh

Post by jpetoh » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:45 pm

I'm in. Heck, I'm in for Aug 31 if we are officially starting this month.

petey
Technosexuality: Transformation

Post by petey » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:25 pm

$100?

I love the incentive, but I'd suggest making it bimonthly or quarterly. I don't know what your financial situation is, but I'd like to see this persist. And, of course, I don't want to but the benefactor in the poor house.

So yeah, for $100 I might actually finish a story :)

DollSpace
Identification: Android

Post by DollSpace » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:36 am

That is quite generous! And hopefully it'll get the story boards cracking with new stuff soon! But, what about the people that are in the middle of stories, where it's half-written and they're continually writing it? Do they qualify too?

I probably won't write anything yet, but most of my stories wouldn't end up qualifying either because they don't have lots of robot sex or transformations, though they probably would have malfunctions lol...

Catie

minkwheel

Post by minkwheel » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:47 pm

ABSOLUTELY SUPER GENEROUS! --and that certainly will get people off their duffs, and typing stuff! -- I ALREADY KNOW THAT I'M DISQUALIFIED here, because I really don't write sexy stories. I might HINT at something... but it's just not in my nature to blatantly write those kind of stories... My loss. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE...and LET'S GET THOSE COMPUTERS HUMMING AND THOSE STORIES WRITTEN!!! -- minkwheel...........I REALLY SHOULD take my own advice..... my stories have laid still for a while. --just been busy with artwork
...From my HEART and from my HAND
WHY don't people understand my intentions?

Android675

Post by Android675 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:33 pm

I hadn't thought about it, but I guess we'll start with this month. Only thing is, (Dollspace brings up a good point), stories need to be complete to qualify. So, either the story is posted in it's entirety, or it'll qualify in whichever month the last installment is posted.

As for the financial part, it may become a bit of a burden, but I'll give it a try for a while and see how it goes. If it turns out this actually gets some good stories going, I'll do my best to keep going, too.

I'm hoping this turns out to be a positive thing. I realize that "best" is a subjective term, and I hope no one takes offense if I don't choose their story - just be because it may not be the best story for me doesn't mean it isn't the best story for a lot of other people.

Also, if there are a couple of great stories in a single month, I may split it 50/50, unless anyone has any objections. Another option, as this evolves, would be to give out (to use Olympic parlance), Gold, Silver and Bronze for the three best stories, maybe $50, $30 & $20. But, at least initially, I was thinking that $100 would be a better incentive to put pen to paper.

I hope this works!

A

wjbaines

Post by wjbaines » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:52 pm

Thanks Android 675. I finished the one of mine that you mentioned! I'm just honored that you thought the ending was worth a hundred bucks. I can't hold you to it, and neither do I know how something like PayPal works. So don't worry about it. Pay the others, though. I don't want to screw anything up for anybody.

wjbaines

Post by wjbaines » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:54 pm

Oh, sorry about the double post. I also wanted to remark that I'm glad there's people like you around to spur production of content. With some major exceptions, the story index has been stagnant for way too long. I agree. And I admit I haven't done squat about it for months, so it's my fault as much as anybody else's. But thanks for your generous effort to get the ball moving forward again!

jpetoh

Post by jpetoh » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:44 pm

Gah. Gonna have to pass for this month. Illness in the family.

Android675

Post by Android675 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:06 pm

wj,

THANK YOU for finishing Darsi, Natalie & Bruce! The ending was worth the wait, and definitely worth $100!

Even if you don't have a paypal account, I'd like to find a way to pay you - I could send cash to a PO box, or something like that. Just let me know.

Also, to tell you the truth, I'm a little stumped by the PayPal thing myself - if anyone out there is well versed in paypal'ing, I could use a little help.

I created an account, and I've verified it and deposited funds. I figured I'd just be able to transfer those funds to other paypal accounts or perhaps directly to someone's checking account, but when I click on the "send money" tab, the only options are to enter an email address or a mobile phone number - does this mean the person I'm sending the funds to will receive an email or text message and then they need to log on to their own paypal account to access the funds?

A

123bot

Post by 123bot » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:47 pm

How didn't I see this sooner?

Well thanks Android675, I appreciate your generosity. Was thinking about writing again though, I just bought this new laptop so I don't have the fear anymore that someone goes into the computer and do stupid things...

I have some free time monday to wednesday morning, might as well write something in between. Bless!