Hyperdrive

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
Kradzic

Hyperdrive

Post by Kradzic » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:12 am

New BBC comedy - started last night. One of the characters, Sandstrom, is a passably attractive cyborg girl (although the official site ony has the one photo, which has her pulling a stupid face). She has dodgy programming. She's a starship pilot. She alternates between very graceful and very jerky movements. Her dialogue, what there is of it, is stilted, and in places she just repeats what people say. In one scene, two of the crew bet each other that they couldn't make her fall over by plotting a course. They do.

Not the greatest show, but one for the cyborg and fembot lovers.

Character profile: ttp://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/hyperdrive/charact ... trom.shtml

Kradzic

Post by Kradzic » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:54 am

You OWE it to yourself to check out this week's preview clip, on the main page at : http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/hyperdrive/

KingJeremy

Post by KingJeremy » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:56 am

Thanks for the link Kradzic. Looks like a lot of potential there. On a side note the rather large fellow looks like the same guy who played Shaun's friend from Shaun of the Dead, I could be wrong though.

KingJeremy

jasonlavers1966

Hyperdrive

Post by jasonlavers1966 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:07 am

Hey all

I sat through an episode, you know not too bad at all; not much ASFR though. Brings back memories of Red Drawf and such. The show was quite funny. If any of you people out there can watch it, have a go.

I will see if I can catch more of it.

Cheers
Jason

minkwheel

Post by minkwheel » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:25 pm

We may have to wait a little, but I'm sure that it will pop up on BBC AMERICA for all of those who have the channel on their digital cable ..... I have AMIME NETWORK ON DEMAND and well over 100 channels, but sadly..... no 'BEEBS' --minkwheel
...From my HEART and from my HAND
WHY don't people understand my intentions?

Kradzic

Post by Kradzic » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:06 am

robotman wrote:That was pretty funny. :lol: Thanks for the link Kradzic. I hope this takes off enough to get some repair scenes in. :twisted:
Finally saw the episode.

There is a repair scene. The first mate does a diagnostic check. He opens up her back - she has an "electro-spine" - and then decides to reboot her. He accidentally triggers her memory chip, and she starts playing back her last memories as a human, saying in a completely sifferent voice, "Hi, I'm Becky. Are you really going to pay off my student loan? Wow. Oh, you want me to read this... 'process may cause dizziness and extreme personality change... oh, it must be OK, otherwise you wouldn't-" and then he switches her off, and she goes blank again, before repeating the "nourishment gel" line from the clip and then repeating "chocolate. Swiss stuff," over and over.

It made me go all funny inside.

~?

Post by ~? » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:26 am

Kradzic wrote:
There is a repair scene. The first mate does a diagnostic check. He opens up her back - she has an "electro-spine" - and then decides to reboot her. He accidentally triggers her memory chip, and she starts playing back her last memories as a human, saying in a completely sifferent voice, "Hi, I'm Becky. Are you really going to pay off my student loan? Wow. Oh, you want me to read this... 'process may cause dizziness and extreme personality change... oh, it must be OK, otherwise you wouldn't-" and then he switches her off, and she goes blank again, before repeating the "nourishment gel" line from the clip and then repeating "chocolate. Swiss stuff," over and over.

Thanks for the update, this show sounds ginchy! When you say "he opens up her back", do you mean a panel or clothing? Any chance you recorded this and can post it to the FTP? If you don't have the capability to post it, maybe you could send a copy to someone else in the UK who could?

thanks again

~?

Robotdoll

Post by Robotdoll » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:14 pm

Her back is open and her spine is visible.

The episodes are making the rounds on the torrent sites, including Demonoid .com

Cornelius
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by Cornelius » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:59 am

Robotdoll wrote:The episodes are making the rounds on the torrent sites, including Demonoid .com
Also currently found in alt.binaries.multimedia, alt.binaries.tv, and alt.binaries.tvseries

WinterRose
Identification: Android

Post by WinterRose » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:00 pm

A little update for ya... Sandstrom was virused this last week with 'Pottymouth2.vir' SOme lovely stuff there, if a little crude as she malfunctions.

Kradzic

Post by Kradzic » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:22 am

"Sandstrom... commencify."

"The bit between your bumcrack and your girl parts."

The only ones where she really figures are 3, 4 and 5. Incidentally, they're the best ones from a comedy standpoint, too. The rest aren't all that good.

Kradzic

Post by Kradzic » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:28 am

New series coming out... some time.

Also, Region 2 DVD is out in May.

propagandaofthedeed

Post by propagandaofthedeed » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:39 pm

how could i get to the alt.binaries.multimedia thing?

htb21

Post by htb21 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:38 pm

I had uploaded some of the episodes to lukes FTP a while back but i think thats been down for quite sometime now :(. i got them off of bittorent just used the minova site
"I got a fever and the only cure is more cowbell"

propagandaofthedeed

Post by propagandaofthedeed » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:49 pm

do you think that you could upload it to hottori's ftp?

Kradzic

Post by Kradzic » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:45 pm

Go look at the first preview of series 2, ep 3 here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo/noise/?programme=hyperdrive

mariahbot81
Identification: Android

Post by mariahbot81 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:19 pm

The potty mouth episode is on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u4eTRYI ... ed&search=
Unit is ready to serve.

crimsondragon1982

Post by crimsondragon1982 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:38 am

htb21 wrote:I had uploaded some of the episodes to lukes FTP a while back but i think thats been down for quite sometime now :(. i got them off of bittorent just used the minova site
I believe that luke's FTP is no longer valid