FEMBOT VS REAL DOLL

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
Diana Knight
C4S Studio Owner
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

FEMBOT VS REAL DOLL

Post by Diana Knight » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:44 am

Hi guys!

I'd like to get your take on Fembot material versus Real Doll material.. Real Doll material being similar to Fembot, but without the Sci Fi aspect. Are they similar? Completely different? Why? Which do you prefer? Opinions?

Ready, set,... GO!! :D

DianaKnight.com (personal site)
Sanguin-X.com(vampire fetish web-series)
FetishSanctum.com(C4S store)
OnceUponAKink.com(coming soon)

Keizo

Re: FEMBOT VS REAL DOLL

Post by Keizo » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:07 am

Hi Diana. Glad to see some interest in our interest :D

I don't really understand the question since I see these as not really competing. The great thing about realdolls is that they are... well... REAL. We have minor advancements in fembots such as the Actroids but for the most part, it's as you said... science "fiction." Realdolls can be fantasized as deactivated fembots and they really do have a great synthetic look and amazing "blank" stares that are very popular with this fetish. I'm sure that the statue and freeze fetishists share some interest in them since, as you know, there is also overlap with the fembot fetish as well.

I'm sure the psychological aspects are what mark the biggest differences, though. For a lot of people there is the control factor. One can't really control a realdoll other than limited posing since they can't stand on their own. There is also not an inherent programming or personality that can cause a conflict that could be "overcome" and/or dominated. Since I'm not a fan of abusiveness or violent domination/humiliation I can't speak for those people; all I can say is that a realdoll wouldn't be able to fulfill those fantasies unless the person has a really good and vivid imagination. Even then it's not something that will translate well on film save for a Pygmalion type scenario.

At the risk of opening up a huge can of worms, there are those that wish for fembots to have a human personality with human longings and human reactions. Again, I can't speak for them because that defeats the entire purpose of wanting a fembot to me but I can see how that can also tie into the sub/DOM fetishists since it basically allows one to act out the psychological aspects without consequence. There are those that want the fembot to have genuine feelings so in that regard, there would actually be consequence. Of course for that mentality, that is part of their thrill. Not something that can be achieved with a realdoll.

Realdolls are always available, custom ordered and fun to play with but I think that's more of a real life experience than something people want to watch. A fembot can be a realdoll and more.

King Snarf
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by King Snarf » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:14 am

Well, I do like me a good wind-up doll clip. Not exactly Real Doll, but still fun.

xodar

Post by xodar » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:05 pm

At the state of development things are in I don't understand that there's a competition. That's because things are still advancing with one company emphasizing sheer beauty and another realism as in a pulse and body heat and others mobility. The convergence of these in the future will produce the true fembot.

As they appear to me now, RealDoll makes an item that resembles a beautiful corpse. That's just a step toward the real thing.

I'd guess that in another 50 or 75 years there will be RealDoll afficionados much as there are people who honestly believe that silent black and white films are the true cinematic art.
"You can believe me, because I never lie and I'm always right." -- George Leroy Tirebiter.
If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to hear it I don't give a rat's ass.
http://www.bbotw.com/product.aspx?ISBN=0-7414-4384-8
http://www.bbotw.com/description.asp?ISBN=0-7414-2058-9

ministrations

Post by ministrations » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:06 pm

Diana Knight wrote:I'd like to get your take on Fembot material versus Real Doll material.. Real Doll material being similar to Fembot, but without the Sci Fi aspect. Are they similar? Completely different? Why? Which do you prefer? Opinions?
Hi Diana... I'll preface my comments by saying that if you asked 1,000 of us what really got us going, you'd get 995 different answers. This is just a lot of different fetishes under a very loose banner, which gives content producers like yourself a lot of different subjects to work with (not sure if that's a positive or negative for you...).

My personal take is that I've never really been turned on by freeze, doll, realdoll, statue, etc. Even excessive malfunction play or control/dom games can turn me off. I'm one of those guys Keizo mentioned, who's interested in the more "human" corner of the fetish... I'm turned on most by the sheer artificiality under a realistic shell, how someone can appear to be convincingly human but is nowhere near it. (In full disclosure, I also like some superhuman stuff, but not really superheroine... it's more about building a better person than it is about camp.)

From my perspective, then, realdoll videos would be like watching someone play with a $6,000 Barbie doll... not super interesting.

That said, I don't think fembot videos need to be overwhelmingly "sci-fi" to be effective. Simple bits of dialogue, blank stares and other subtle clues in an otherwise natural conversation can be as much of a turn on as vacuum devices, CGI and sound effects if you have the right performers and the right script. (Don't get me wrong: I like all those things, but they've never been necessary to me.)

Hope that helps answer your questions!

tchon

Post by tchon » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:12 am

Hi everyone,

I am new here, and an actually more acquainted with dolls than gynoids, as I come over from the dollforum, where one member posted a pointer to this thread. Nevertheless here are my personal ideas on the topic:

I clearly can see a connection between the two things, as in both cases it is more about fantasy; however for fembots mostly because technology is not there yet, while for the silicone dolls, they are already there, but without fantasy they are just a somewhat pretty looking lump of silicone.

I agree with Keizo on the "control aspect". With a doll, there is no control; instead the doll is just passive and you have to do everything for her. So if you get really involved emotionally in the doll thing, it is rather the doll controls you ;)
Oh, and I can understand why videos with dolls are not really entertaining. I once seen a video where one guy actually had sex with a doll, and that did not arouse me the slightest, I rather watched it as some kind of "educational video". The only time when I really said "Wow" was when this guy lifted the doll up from a missionary position to "doll on top", and I was more "hey, he just used one arm to get the doll around!" (For those who do not know: these dolls are heavy, really heavy, so this was the most astonishing part for me.)

While I am also very interested in how the fembot technology evolves over time I am not personally interested in getting one if they will ever appear. Why? Well, lets say it that way: If I would ever get a fembot to my home, switch her on and boot her up, and the next thing she did is not straight walking out of the door because of a dissapointing lack of points of interest around, I would shut her down and return to the factory due to obvious defects in the AI module. ;)

Oh, and this is just my personal view on the subject. Other people might have a completely different view of the topic, but that is a good thing and makes everything just more intersting.

Asato

Post by Asato » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:01 am

I am really only into fictional female AIs with sapience and emotions

fnord
Technosexuality: None of your business

Post by fnord » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:21 pm

Been thinking about this one for a while, I do own 3 silicons. They were interesting at first, admit I did loose interest in them fast. One useful idea I see is the doppelganger effect or the disease free and unmarked. I'm partial to transformation (usually against subjects will) {fantasy only} and personality manipulation. Using the real dolls for this is first uneconomical and flat boring as they turn into a $7000.00 props. I point to Wicked pictures 2040 to demonstrate this. Far better use of funds would be to hire some meat puppets but most if not all will be marked up with tattoos and or will be strung out or used up.
"I have seen the fnords"

Diana Knight
C4S Studio Owner

Post by Diana Knight » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:27 pm

Awesome,.. everyone. Thank you for your thoughts. Fnord,.. I really like the idea of personality manipulation. That's also really fun to play. I will definitely keep that in mind.

For me,.. the difference between the two genres,.. is that "real doll"...even though it may not involve a Real Doll per say,.. it would be more like hypno/freeze.... is simple manipulation of your subject. She doesn't move on her own. Fembot is a talking, interacting, functioning being. Some folks are REALLY into the former,.. and some the later... We're on a fembot forum,.. so obviously you guys all love the later.. but I wanted to get your thoughts on both.

greneker03

Post by greneker03 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:14 am

Diana,
As a fan of both, I do love the idea of a model who can keep and maintain the pose as a doll or mannequin. Whether they are posed in place by a drug or covering, or whether they prefer to remain posed on their own ability, this can be highly erotic to the point that you know they are alive and feeling everything you do to them.

This brings to mind a power struggle. One would think that the person who poses and play with the model (posed inanimately) would be in control. However after speaking with another cam model and fetish film maker (Smantha Grace), she feels that the power can be put back into the model, as she is turning the controller on and making him or her move her body to please her. Thus the power can fall into the inanimate model.
A rather video can be made upon this using the power struggle aspect.

Something to think about.

greneker03

Diana Knight
C4S Studio Owner

Post by Diana Knight » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:41 pm

Interesting view. I know Samantha,.. perhaps we will have a chat about this,.. :D

robolover69000

Post by robolover69000 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi Diana,
I guess if there ever was an attempt to make a fembot, either someone would use a Real Doll as a bases for one or the Makers of Real Doll, would start adding in something simple like a voice activated program with some kind of simple AI

Diana Knight wrote:Hi guys!

I'd like to get your take on Fembot material versus Real Doll material.. Real Doll material being similar to Fembot, but without the Sci Fi aspect. Are they similar? Completely different? Why? Which do you prefer? Opinions?

Ready, set,... GO!! :D
Robo Lover 69000 the gynoid gynecologist.

PS
If you have a gynoid(or area one) in need of a gynecological exam
I am your man! Reasonable rates, breast exams are always free!

Diana Knight
C4S Studio Owner

Post by Diana Knight » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:03 pm

LOL. Good to know!

DrFranklin

Post by DrFranklin » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:34 pm

"I'm turned on most by the sheer artificiality under a realistic shell, how someone can appear to be convincingly human but is nowhere near it. ... it's about building a better person .. if you have the right performers and the right script.

Absolutely dead on what I like. There is a strong D/s element, the fembot is proud to be property. I prefer fembots to be played more like an alien,
sexy and humanlike but with something off about them, a clue that they are soulless machines inside. I like the strong physical presence Diana gives as a fembot, probably similar to her vampire roles.