ASFR Elements - Turn Offs

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.

What ASFR Elements Do You Find UNappealing?

Explicit Sex
4%
"Sleeper" Fembots
6%
Face-Offs
14%
Open Body Panels
1%
Repair
1%
Disassembly
2%
Obviously Robotic Appearance (easily visible seams, glowing eyes, etc, but still skin-colored/textured)
5%
Non-Human Finish (i.e. chrome or ME2/3 Edi-Style polymer)
16%
Monotone "robot speech"
7%
Malfunctions - Software
1%
Malfunctions - Hardware
0%
Malfunctions - Over the Top (heads exploding and such)
14%
Damage - Subtle
4%
Damage - Severe
7%
Damage - Complete Destruction
16%

Total votes: 210

D.Olivaw
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

ASFR Elements - Turn Offs

Post by D.Olivaw » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:00 pm

Okay, lets try this now for actual ASFR elements. Which don't you like?

Boy was it an effort to keep this to only 15 options...
"Men, said the Devil,
are good to their brothers:
they don’t want to mend
their own ways, but each other's"
-Piet Hein

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Android

Re: ASFR Elements - Turn Offs

Post by Stephaniebot » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:44 am

Never got damage, so voted for all 3 of those, plus the OTT Malfunction option. The others can be cute, I guess. Oh, and I'm asexual, so explicit sex is of no interest for me
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

MrPassable

Post by MrPassable » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:14 am

Im open to almost all kind of elements of ASFR so it doesn't bother me that much in terms of unappealing content. Either I just ignore it or go along with it.

Saya
Identification: Android

Post by Saya » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:13 am

I like all of those, actually. The only things I'm not personally a fan of are wetware and transformation themes.
"If the time should ever come when what is now called science, thus familiarized to men, shall be ready to put on, as it were, a form of flesh and blood, the Poet will lend his divine spirit to aid the transfiguration, and will welcome the Being thus produced, as a dear and genuine inmate of the household of man."
- William Wordsworth

Toastdroid

Post by Toastdroid » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:12 pm

I kinda don't really like faceoffs to be honest, like it can work for me when done a little more realistically, but I'm not into the whole "faceless circuitboard" look - at best it's kinda silly and at worst I find it kinda creepy and de-personising (that's not an ethical judgement or anything, that's just how it affects me personally).

Also not into a lot of monotone, I really like regular human speech that's obviously scripted or inflected in a sorta "user-friendly" way, and vocal effects are cool, but the the staccato style "EVERY. WORD. LIKE. THIS." voice just grates and reminds me of daleks or something.

It's not on the list but I generally do not like any of the options above if they're done non-consensually to an obviously or nearly sentient robot. If it's played non-seriously or if there's no major consequences, I might be alright with it, but if not I find it pretty vile. Basically anything that seems mean-spirited or like..."edgy" is a big no.

Finally I actually sometimes get put off by a lack of sexual content, It's disappointing not to get nudity or even suggestiveness and it just makes the content feel dry to me.

tectile

Post by tectile » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:09 pm

I only voted for 3 of these.
monotone speech, OTT damage and complete destruction.
While many of the choices aren't my thing, they can work if handled in an interesting way.
Bad writing and bad film making are the ultimate turn offs :)

Rob_The_Fixer

Post by Rob_The_Fixer » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:06 am

Any chrome/Sorayama styled designs (something you would see out of Kamen Rider or Super Sentai) don't appeal to me, but designs similar to EDI are fine with me. Like Toastdroid's opinion on faceoffs, seeing a circuitboard with eyeballs and a speaker just doesn't work with me, I prefer in a more "practical" way.
Also, the "zombie walk" when their arms just extends forward (or in L-shaped angle) the whole time are also turn-offs for me.
Lastly is complete destruction, mostly the cyborg-esque organs/brain spilling out. I don't mind damages, especially the over the top ones.
この翻訳者を修正!

Cornelius
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by Cornelius » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:20 am

Rob_The_Fixer wrote:Any chrome/Sorayama styled designs (something you would see out of Kamen Rider or Super Sentai) don't appeal to me ...
Well there goes the neighborhood. :wink:
Rob_The_Fixer wrote:... but designs similar to EDI are fine with me.
So you’re saying a metallic face that stretches while talking is OK, but not if it’s flesh-like. Got it! :D

Here’s a 16th option I’d add to the list ... magical nanobots (with individual batteries, processors, and propulsion) that replicate the body’s trillions of cells into metallic components (from a mystery source of material) and don’t dispose of the biological waste. I mean I LOVE TF fiction, but I also know it’s nearly impossible to make the stories believable.

And while not attempting to be controversial, how come female animal/bipedal hybrids (like cats omen) don’t have 8 breasts like cats? :lol:

liliwinnt6
Banned

Post by liliwinnt6 » Thu May 09, 2019 1:15 am

first, i don't really like to see a properly functioning robot without her face panel removed
and, when a sleeper discovers/realizes his/her true nature, i don't like to see them malfunction
Fellas, you may address me as Boris, my ID could be troublesome for you to call me.
BTW, my stories would be updated without notifications.
https://www.turboimagehost.com/album/14 ... ock_images

Windblade
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by Windblade » Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:32 am

I don't like malfunctions and damage without fixing and complete destruction. Maybe it's because of my professional deformation. Sometimes, when I see a malfunctioning or damaged machine / device, I feel a physical discomfort, and no, I'm not joking or trying to sound pretentious. I remember watching a "funny" video about a lot of TVs falling from shelves in the shop... It was horrible >_<

(sorry for the necroposting)

dubhdanaidh

Post by dubhdanaidh » Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:20 am

Unfair. None of these are turn offs