Inclusion of Other Fetishes in ASFR - Turn Ons

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.

What other fetishes do you like seeing elements of in works of ASFR?

None - any secondary focus dilutes my enjoyment of the ASFR aspects
3%
Submission/Dominance (either direction)
22%
Bimbo (e.g. oversized breasts, vacuous personality, etc.)
12%
Latex
17%
High-Heels
15%
Foot Fetish
7%
Smoking
1%
Faux-Incest
4%
Overweight/BBW
3%
TS/Shemale
7%
Furry
3%
Other (Please comment below!)
6%

Total votes: 138

D.Olivaw
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Inclusion of Other Fetishes in ASFR - Turn Ons

Post by D.Olivaw » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:06 pm

There's been a fair amount of discussion of ASFR itself and its various manifestations over the years. Built vs. Transformed, malfunction vs. repair vs. more subtle elements, and so on. That's all well and good; introspection never hurt anyone, and it's certainly interesting to explore why we enjoy this rather rare and peculiar kink.

I'm curious, though, about something that I haven't seen discussed before, which is how elements of other fetishes tend to show up in ASFR stories and artwork more often than I observe to be the case in other fetish erotica.

So have at it with the poll; you can select as many options as you like. Note that this is not asking merely whether you have any other fetishes, but whether there are any you specifically like to see show up in an ASFR context. I've made the list based on what I've personally seen show up on FC, but it's hardly comprehensive and people should feel free to comment with any I missed.
Last edited by D.Olivaw on Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Men, said the Devil,
are good to their brothers:
they don’t want to mend
their own ways, but each other's"
-Piet Hein

D.Olivaw

Re: Inclusion of Other Fetishes in ASFR

Post by D.Olivaw » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:21 pm

Robotman wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that latex will be popular. ;)
Yes, that would seem likely from how often in shows up in stories and images, but part of the reason for the poll rather than just asking it as a question is because I've observed that more people will click a poll than will de-lurk to announce their odd sexual preferences to all and sundry :lol:

I'm curious, in other words, to see if the distribution of interest among the wider audience matches what the providers and more vocal community members, myself included, like, or if there's some interesting divergence.
"Men, said the Devil,
they don’t want to mend
-Piet Hein

D.Olivaw

Post by D.Olivaw » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:34 pm

Kishin wrote:It's almost preferable to ask what sub-facets of the fetish people enjoy and poll that. Faceplate removal, open panel removal, malfunction, disassembly, pause mode, monotone speech, etc. etc.
:faceoff:
I figured I'd do that once this poll has run its course. Definitely also of interest.
"Men, said the Devil,
they don’t want to mend
-Piet Hein

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:30 am

Well, yes, latex is going to be popular, as lets face it, in terms of practicality, its the closest you can get to a robot look, in a human body, especially silver latex. Given part of the thing for me is the whole being programmed/commanded thing, I had to vote for the submission option too.

As a modest standard actress, I'll be intrigued to see the results of the second poll too. Not that faceplate removal, or open panel is easy to do on what is currently a human body, but I'm sure studios could get some sort of work around, without the need for CGI? Not that at 60, I'm likely to be playing any robots any more, for anyone's delight, but definitely curious
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

smalk

Post by smalk » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:26 am

Personally, none of the options listed, not even latex.

I'm more interested in (believable) malfunctions and repairs, with robot girls aware and talking of their nature.

Kano

Post by Kano » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:38 am

My other: I'm very particular about clothing. I really, really enjoy uniforms such as flight attendants, hostess-type uniforms, cheerleaders & geishas. As far as regular clothes, I like businesswomen, secretaries, teachers and office wear such as blouses (satin is a plus) with skirts. Lingerie, satin pjs & short robes with high heels are nice. Pantyhose are usually a must to me. My biggest fembot influences are from the 70s, so I really love 70s style clothes, hair and makeup. Sundresses, long & short or jumpsuits with high heel sandals are my personal modern homage to 70s wear. I would love nothing more than to see some of my favorite females in a fembot movie with todays special efx but set in the 70s! For some reason I absolutley hate red nail polish! Usually natural or french manicure. I prefer a variety of fembots because my favorite scenerio is the surprise factor. Not the dumb bimbo obvious type. I like every race, from 18 to 60s, thin to BBW. Plain to gorgeous. Sorry, no ugly fembots. LOL I always imagine when I see "imperfections" on a human that it was the designers actually trying to add more realism to fool everyone, LOL.

dieur

Post by dieur » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:45 am

I do love high heels and big breasts. But I’m not fond of other bimbo characteristics - a mindless fembot isn’t terribly appealing to me. For similar reasons, Dom/sub doesn’t appeal so much, especially in the form of outright mind control. I think it’s the bringing of sexual characteristics into daily life that appeals.

I’m with R man, incest is a big turnoff.

Extyr

Post by Extyr » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:55 am

Oversexualized bimbos for me though I'm not a big fan of enormous lips and stupidity. Latex can be nice, but seems awfully impractical. Despite what mombot project might imply, I'm no fan of incest. I just thought that particular milfbot was really hot. Overall, I'm just a dweeb who likes the idea of impossibly perfect girlfriend.

Stephaniebot

Post by Stephaniebot » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:08 pm

Robotman wrote:I was thinking a bit more about this, and I think it might be worth putting up an opposite poll - fetishes which are a turn off when mixed with ASFR. The big one that comes to mind for me is the whole "Dominance/Submissive" thing, which every psych major and so-called journalist seem to insist are integral to a sexual interest in robots. All that dom/sub stuff is a massive turn off for me. Whenever I see it, it ranges from ridiculous to disgusting, so I can't imagine how it could possibly be integral to wanting a robot shaped like a woman.

Other fetishes that are instant turn offs for me are the recently (and bafflingly) popular incest craze. Like, WTF? I've also had an ex girlfriend with a rape fetish, and an actual Nazi fetish. No way and no way.

Back to the original poll, even though BBW was an option, I didn't select it. I'm finding myself less attracted to plump fembots these days, though I still appreciate a big shapely booty. ;) My new side-kink seems to be fembots with dicks, so who knows how long that will last.

Also, D.Olivaw, you might want to include "feet" in the list of other fetishes. I'm definitely not a fan myself, but many, many people are.
Dont get incest in the slightest, though it seems to have a good number of followers in the mind control genre, but I think its just ghastly.

As to the D/s thing, I do think it works in terms of programming, commands given that are apt for robots and the like, but the more traditionally seen BDSM type D/s wouldnt work in the slightest

Also, as a transitioning trangender woman, I'm loving the TS/Shemale vote on here. I know its not topping the charts, but really wasn't expecting much interest there at all

MrPassable

Post by MrPassable » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:56 pm

Corruption.

In terms of manipulating and conversion of one being's behavior into something else.

In terms of ASFR, Hacking, Reprogramming or anything that changes them is an interesting for me

smalk

Post by smalk » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:57 pm

I agree with R, incest and domination (A woman transformed into a robot that simply complies with every order whatsover) are istant turn off.

D.Olivaw

Post by D.Olivaw » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:27 pm

Oops, this post ended up being just the quotes because I got timed out while writing it. Can't figure out how to delete it, though.
Last edited by D.Olivaw on Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Men, said the Devil,
they don’t want to mend
-Piet Hein

D.Olivaw

Post by D.Olivaw » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:28 pm

Robotman wrote:...I think it might be worth putting up an opposite poll - fetishes which are a turn off when mixed with ASFR.

What a great idea! I'll do so immediately.
Robotman wrote:The big one that comes to mind for me is the whole "Dominance/Submissive" thing, which every psych major and so-called journalist seem to insist are integral to a sexual interest in robots. All that dom/sub stuff is a massive turn off for me. Whenever I see it, it ranges from ridiculous to disgusting, so I can't imagine how it could possibly be integral to wanting a robot shaped like a woman.
Well to be fair to the psych majors it does seem to be doing pretty well up there in the poll, consistently hanging out in second place after latex. I wonder if that's partly because I wasn't specific enough. By submission/dominance do we just mean a fembot acting in a submissive manner towards her owner, calling them "master," and such? That's fairly ubiquitous in ASFR. Alternately, do we mean more explicit BDSM elements like domination and punishment, like Smalk talks about?
Robotman wrote:Other fetishes that are instant turn offs for me are the recently (and bafflingly) popular incest craze. Like, WTF?
Stephaniebot wrote:Dont get incest in the slightest
Yep, I don't get it either, but it's definitely a thing. My wife and I basically gave up on Literotica a while back because incest had become such a common story element in the stuff being published there. The "top stories" were 9/10 incest-focused at one point. Not sure if its gotten better.
Robotman wrote:Also, D.Olivaw, you might want to include "feet" in the list of other fetishes. I'm definitely not a fan myself, but many, many people are.
Foot fetish is the sixth option on the poll, and currently has 5 votes in its favor. :)
Stephaniebot wrote:Also, as a transitioning trangender woman, I'm loving the TS/Shemale vote on here. I know its not topping the charts, but really wasn't expecting much interest there at all.
It's been a minor but noticeable thread in ASFR back since the LTBSA-days, maybe even more prominently then than now. Not my cup of tea, but I can definitely see how it meshes quite naturally with robot fetishism.
"Men, said the Devil,
they don’t want to mend
-Piet Hein

FacelessFembot

Re: Inclusion of Other Fetishes in ASFR - Turn Ons

Post by FacelessFembot » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:25 pm

A latex (or spandex) fembot is an interesting concept to me, especially if they have no face to begin with but have a removable faceplate or eyes (or visor eyes) that glow when they speak.

Stephaniebot

Post by Stephaniebot » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:10 am

FacelessFembot wrote:A latex (or spandex) fembot is an interesting concept to me, especially if they have no face to begin with but have a removable faceplate or eyes (or visor eyes) that glow when they speak.
In theory you could do that, with the use of a latex/spandex hood, and a faceplate mask design. But if doing that, just remember that if any person organic is involved, the breathing holes mustn't be totally covered, if latex! Spandex/zentai is breathable enough to be less of a concern on that front.
It's been a minor but noticeable thread in ASFR back since the LTBSA-days, maybe even more prominently then than now. Not my cup of tea, but I can definitely see how it meshes quite naturally with robot fetishism.

I actually have a silicon vagina cover that would work under something like latex, or other clothing anyway, which is fine if covered up, but wouldnt work for nude shots, until I get round to the final op, at least. That will probably have to wait now until retirement, given the recovery time needed

Lithorien
Technosexuality: None of your business

Post by Lithorien » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:36 am

I am rather pleased to see "furry" on the turn ons list. It's not common, apparently, but it's something I seek out when I can rarely find it.

Stephaniebot

Post by Stephaniebot » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:27 pm

One other thing, not covered by either variation of the poll. How do you like your fembots to look?

I'm assuming pretty much all (if not all) are into the 'human' look for your fembot, but is there much love for the chrome/metal/old fashioned robot looks? Well, apart from me, anyway...? :lol: :oops:

xerxes31415

Post by xerxes31415 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:04 pm

I'm assuming pretty much all (if not all) are into the 'human' look for your fembot, but is there much love for the chrome/metal/old fashioned robot looks?
I'm actually a big fan of the chrome/metal/artificial look! I do like them human-shaped, but I generally like having very visible signs of being mechanical.

D.Olivaw

Post by D.Olivaw » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:29 pm

Stephaniebot wrote:One other thing, not covered by either variation of the poll. How do you like your fembots to look?
That'll be on the favorite/least-favorite ASFR elements polls I'll do once these have wound down.

I think all the feedback on these has been fantastic and interesting, though. Thanks, everyone!
"Men, said the Devil,
they don’t want to mend
-Piet Hein

Rob_The_Fixer

Post by Rob_The_Fixer » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:20 am

Definitely the uniforms from nurse to cafe maid cosplay. While I'm not much of a fan of metallic/chrome designs, I usually prefer them more human-like with subtle panel lines or at least have like sort of a barcode style "tattoo". A curvy/plump body is ok with me, just not too much plump or overweight. And if my profile pic wasn't obvious enough, I do quite like furry/anthro characters, but I also like animal-eared/tailed females (catgirls, wolfgirls etc.) as well.
この翻訳者を修正!

Stephaniebot

Post by Stephaniebot » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:57 am

Funnily enough, my one element of 'robothood' is a bar code tattoo, just above my navel. Only one I've got, and almost certainly now, only one I'm getting!

Corey Fantoccini

Post by Corey Fantoccini » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:06 pm

Kano wrote:My other: I'm very particular about clothing. I really, really enjoy uniforms such as flight attendants, hostess-type uniforms, cheerleaders & geishas. As far as regular clothes, I like businesswomen, secretaries, teachers and office wear such as blouses (satin is a plus) with skirts. Lingerie, satin pjs & short robes with high heels are nice. Pantyhose are usually a must to me. My biggest fembot influences are from the 70s, so I really love 70s style clothes, hair and makeup. Sundresses, long & short or jumpsuits with high heel sandals are my personal modern homage to 70s wear. I would love nothing more than to see some of my favorite females in a fembot movie with todays special efx but set in the 70s! For some reason I absolutley hate red nail polish! Usually natural or french manicure. I prefer a variety of fembots because my favorite scenerio is the surprise factor. Not the dumb bimbo obvious type. I like every race, from 18 to 60s, thin to BBW. Plain to gorgeous. Sorry, no ugly fembots. LOL I always imagine when I see "imperfections" on a human that it was the designers actually trying to add more realism to fool everyone, LOL.
Yeah, this encapsulates a lot of my likes as well, though I don't have as big an issue with red nail polish. Whoever decides to make "period" fembot videos will probably be surprised at how well they'd be received.

FacelessFembot

Post by FacelessFembot » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:07 pm

One other thing, that I just thought of - a feminine-shaped suit of armor (I know, you have to think a bit hard about this one, sometimes that's a bit of a stretch) with helmet featuring whatever you want on it, or have no openings or visual effects of any kind on that helmet.

Stephaniebot

Post by Stephaniebot » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:47 am

FacelessFembot wrote:One other thing, that I just thought of - a feminine-shaped suit of armor (I know, you have to think a bit hard about this one, sometimes that's a bit of a stretch) with helmet featuring whatever you want on it, or have no openings or visual effects of any kind on that helmet.
Not really, its very akin to the Metropolis look, in truth. And those unfeeling eyes are pure robot. Only snag with that for an actress is the fact you'd need some sort of visual system set up if you require the robot to move at all, which most would. Probably could set something up with a webcam set up (cam set into chest, rather than face, if you really want a totally blank face?), and just an internal vision screen for wearer, but cost might be a bit much?

DollSpace

Post by DollSpace » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:04 pm

Sounds like we need a more exhaustive poll lol!