A fembot bashing video by the New York Times

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
Extyr
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

A fembot bashing video by the New York Times

Post by Extyr » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:18 pm

https://hooktube.com/watch?v=UEtZcs1yj3M

This time fembots are accused of leading women to transform themselves into vacuitous bimbos for men's enjoyment or something. It's mostly typical pop-culture feminist bullshit. Sad to see even the New York times embracing this trend...

TheShoveller
Fembot Central Staff

Re: A fembot bashing video by the New York Times

Post by TheShoveller » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:50 pm

Yeah, they've been pretty crummy for a whole now. Without delving into politics... this doesn't surprise me one bit.

tinyspider

Post by tinyspider » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:16 pm

LOL the video slut shames Kylie Jenner for being "fake", dehumanizes her for changing her appearance "like software" and not even 10 seconds later claims that third wave feminism urges women "to take control of their own sexuality". The authors apparently can have the cake and eat it as well ...

Uncom

Post by Uncom » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:59 am

h
Last edited by Uncom on Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:10 am

All I can say is, if this is a sign of where the world is heading, feminist crazy wise, I'm glad I'm old!
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

Silkscreen
Alternate account
Identification: Cyborg

Post by Silkscreen » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:19 am

@Uncom, on the "left", they declared double standards the norm long long ago. They call it "balance" and it means their hate is rightful because they wield no power. It's all about justifying underachievement and being a crybaby about it. Because then … you would need life assistance and that's what they want to sell to you. Fear. Uncertainty. Doubt.

About the video:
  • just the second shot is from Weird Science. Did she ever watch Weird Science? If so, when did she realize Lisa is the tough woman always envisioned by women's right activists? Uh, and how the nerds Gary and Wyatt frowned upon those like deer in headlights, then settled on "a handful" just because … certainly, she could not stand it up to the final scene, when Gary and Wyatt got the sweet human girlfriends they originally were after but who were dating assholes. And how their big sister Lisa headed for the next bunch of too sweet boys to turn them into men.
  • the usual bullshit about technical devices with female voices or female appearance. This is done because of agreeability. Women are accepted both by women and men. Men aren't accepted by men. Hell, even the canaries I owned knew that! And their males are most beautiful. And they hate each other.
  • "men can engineer" – LOL – women can’t? Well I certainly can. The Chinese cybergirl in the video can, too. She's an engineer as I am. Then, should I make my own malebot? What's the point in that? She doesn't. I don't do either. We both do accessoirs to turn ourselves into sexier creatures. And that's because men are available. Always. That's their purpose and they know it. They are already robots who conform to my wishes. The reason why men are fascinated about female robots and about using them is the lack of reciprocity in man-woman relations. I control all the sex. All of it. And I have to because males are just a boiling pot of fuck who cannot. Well, at least behind their gentleman attitude. I can totally understand why men want to have more sex than I can handle. They are selected by evolution to be that way. It's the way they create most offspring, and vital one.
  • Social media fembots play on the anxiety women are fake. Yeah, totally.I can also totally understand why a lot of women see fembots as a threat. It's the same threat as any woman more attractive than they are. That's how I was selected by evolution. Because my mother needed a man to create offspring and she had him to stay with her to keep it alive. So she had to execute both beauty and agreeability. Because that's what human men are excellent in, and what's their function in sex – they can tell a woman who is both vital and who has no psychological issues which may harm the children. They know how to tell a mother.
I totally dig her hairdo, sweater and the shirt of the bearded guy. It looks like they fell out of the Bionic Woman series.

Uncom

Post by Uncom » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:50 am

h
Last edited by Uncom on Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silkscreen
Alternate account

Post by Silkscreen » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:31 am

It's the very same for women-related topics. They victimize women as they victimize non-whites*. It's their business model because you can raise a lot of funds and high-paying bullshit jobs for flacks, equal opportunity commisioners and other useless people. Talking bullshit the whole time is part of the job. It is the job.

I can't pity women who fall for that, because it's so obvious. Screaming hot bullshit, all the time. It's just the same as Fox News, Alex Jones and other right-wing bullshitters. It's an insult on your intelligence.

(Did I mention bullshit? I guess it's not like beetlejuice … beetlejuice … beetlejuice … :devil: )

* whoever that may be, because e.g. in the 18th century people of English origin in the U.S. even complained about German-origin "brownies" who were ruining the country

Silkscreen
Alternate account

Post by Silkscreen » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:49 am

Robotman wrote:I don't think this is so much a "left vs right" thing as an "authoritarian vs libertarian" thing.
You are correct on that, hence the quotes. To make it even more perplexing, those people think they are "liberals". Because they are fighting for the oppressed, something like that.

I do not fight for anyone but those who assemble behind me.

Uncom

Post by Uncom » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:53 am

h

Silkscreen
Alternate account

Post by Silkscreen » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:11 am

I do not think any woman is more afraid of sexbots as they were afraid of hookers. You don't want your husband to have one at home, or at your leisure residence, and that was it. Maybe he let a dominatrix bash him, in her lair? Well, that may be fun but if you aren't into it … as long as he's caring for you and the children … it's just more sex than you ever want to handle.

Please watch the video again and replace all the occurences of "sexbot" with "hooker", and you see the cheap showmanship.

Duuuuu, hookers … bad thing, hookers … duuuuuuu … men only like … hookers … duuuuu … it's the coming false standard … hookers … duuuuuu … all women must be afraid of … hookers :-S

It's so ridiculous.

Uncom

Post by Uncom » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:28 am

h

Saya

Post by Saya » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:38 am

Robotman wrote:I don't think this is so much a "left vs right" thing as an "authoritarian vs libertarian" thing.
I would argue that it's more an example of entitled idiots talking out of their asses most of the time, on both "sides" regardless of political ideology or social mores for the sake of making clickbait and getting attention.

There's always going to be people attempting to claim that some paraphilia or sexual lifestyle is going to somehow cause the downfall and endangerment of our society. Be it arch-conservatives arguing that homosexuality will result in the erosion of "family values" (whatever those are supposed to be, anyway), or hyper-leftists arguing that BDSM is an endorsement of violence against women. Both fall prey to the biased, skewed thinking that there's one root cause for a particular pitfall of society, perceived or actual, when in reality it is a host of other causes ranging from societal pressures to the state of the economy.
"If the time should ever come when what is now called science, thus familiarized to men, shall be ready to put on, as it were, a form of flesh and blood, the Poet will lend his divine spirit to aid the transfiguration, and will welcome the Being thus produced, as a dear and genuine inmate of the household of man."
- William Wordsworth

Silkscreen
Alternate account

Post by Silkscreen » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:43 am

Uncom, but you don't expect your wife to do the housework, do you? That's what you pay the janitor for.

hint hint.

Silkscreen
Alternate account

Post by Silkscreen » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:43 am

Ignorance would be bliss. That's why I apply ignorance to those fearmongering lunatics.

Silkscreen
Alternate account

Post by Silkscreen » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:03 am

Slightly related: A recent poll "American's views on the Media" found people have most trust in … The Weather Channel. Maybe because they don't sell forecasts for truths and because meteorologists aren't exactly known for taking advantage from of the storms they predict? (though they seem, sort of, fascinated by the thing.)

Uncom

Post by Uncom » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:07 am

h
Last edited by Uncom on Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silkscreen
Alternate account

Post by Silkscreen » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:25 am

I just imagine a law which requires media to have the a "probalitity-of-occurence-meter" layed over all their news shows and if they hadn't collected sustainable data to backup their claims, it's required to read 0%.

Odd enough, that was good practice in the 19th century! E.g. German newspapers had put N.T. at all dubious stories, which meant "not testified". If we had such a practice today, they had to put it on their anchor's pocket square, I guess.

Silkscreen
Alternate account

Post by Silkscreen » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:39 am

Oh, they can tell all the crap they want. They are just required to have it labelled "fiction" if they can't backup it happened exactly the way they described it.

Stephaniebot

Post by Stephaniebot » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:28 pm

Seen another article today about a gentleman who is terrified of complimenting, or talking to women for fear of ramifications. Not that anyone would want to compliment me on looks, I'm sure, but...a very sad state of affairs.

Even sadder was the number of comments by Feminazi's wanting to complain about him, for suggesting that its a bad thing

:cry:
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

Silkscreen
Alternate account

Post by Silkscreen » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:23 pm

Honestly, I can't understand that either. It's the same whining, just reversed direction. Boys … hey, boys! … –crickets– … look,Tits!

Okay, now that I have your attention … if you have problems complimenting women who deserve it, your mother-detector needs to be adjusted. No prob there, you have that thing built into you. All of you. But you have to understand it's a receiving end problem if it doesn't work properly. It's not women's fault if you fall for witches.*

Stay away from women with psychological problems. It's simple. You can sense it. Your mind has a detector dedicated for finding agreeable women. It's just out of tune because people told you women and men are the same. Because if you tune it to agreeable person women turn gray and uninteresting as other men are. Because that's what you do with men – you ignore them, mostly.

Are you totally, romantically moved by a woman? Does she make your heart beat harder? Does she make you sweat? Go for it. Stop thinking, damnit! :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

*And I know what I'm talking about, because I am a witch. Just a nice one, who only beats you up during sex, not claiming you did, or had started it.

Silkscreen
Alternate account

Post by Silkscreen » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:17 pm

Watching Weird Science again (thanks to that stupid collection of video snippets) I found its soundtrack featured O.M.D.'s Tesla Girls. Well, they also did Maid of Orleans. So much for digging tough women. :nerd:

Miss Pris

Post by Miss Pris » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:51 pm

The video has some points, but they wrongly attribute a confluence of social phenomena that existed well before the popular idea of "fembots" to recent images and ideas of gynoids. I've mentioned before on this forum that "feminism" includes SO many more forms of this critique than just the well-known varieties, such as radical feminism (which opposes fembots very strongly, as I'm sure everyone knows); as a feminist critique of popular images of women and beauty in social media, it's a fair commentary. They over-extend themselves however when they apply the current incarnation of "woman are there for men to look at" to either the machinic OR the artificial. This idea of women (and the critique of it) have been around for a VERY long time. You could even make the argument that the feminist academic critique of women's roles in society begins with Christine de Pisan in the middle ages. (Of course, I can't make the claim that the idea of an artificial person didn't exist yet, as Heron probably created such automata in ancient Europe, and the story of Galatea probably pre-dated him - before anyone jumps in with that - but I doubt these ideas were daily talking points.) Trying to blame "fembots" for something people previously blamed on other groups, images, power dynamics, etc. is just going to make people's eyes roll. We hear this argument again and again. Fill in the blank for what single-factor issue is "wrong" with society this week.

If someone's doing feminist critique "right" then they should be welcome to alternative interpretations and well-aware that few social phenomena have just one cause. There's always a deeper history to look at, and these vloggers (which is what they are essentially - no matter who's footing the bill) ignored it so they could make a sound-chunk video. Everything has a sound-chunk video about it now. As the saying goes about opinions... but now, all the assholes are video-capable.

Sentient6

Post by Sentient6 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:00 pm

Why is an ASFR forum even making reactionary dismissals of feminism when we could be upholding GLORIOUS CYBORG FEMINISM?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Cyborg_Manifesto

Silkscreen
Alternate account

Post by Silkscreen » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:31 pm

…but now, all the assholes are video-capable.
all of them. That's the difference to before.

But it's a good thing! There's so much of this stuff out there, hardly anything of it matters any more. It's the cacophonic ending to one-way "communication". Sound bites. Video snippets. Slurred with random talk.