Looking For "Upgrade"

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
slvsara
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Looking For "Upgrade"

Post by slvsara » Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:40 pm

Awhile back I found the website for the production company that
filmed "Upgrade". Didn't buy a copy :oops: . Now my home CPU
seems to have eaten the URL for the site in question. Anyone have
a pointer towards where I might locate it and/or find a copy ? Thanks. :D
Obediantly,
sara

"The perversity of technosexuals is ornate and elaborate."

noidguy
Retired staff member

Where to purchase "Upgrade"

Post by noidguy » Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:46 pm

The site you're thinking of was Stuckfast Productions. According to their message board they are no longer selling "Upgrade". I don't know where you can purchase it now. I'm sure one or more of our members has better info.

keraptis
Technosexuality: Transformation

Post by keraptis » Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:40 pm

Hey there! Real flattered to see Sam from Upgrade as your avatar ...

Ever since Stuckfast Productions took "Upgrade" off their site, there isn't an obvious way for us (really Android675, the director, who has the master) to distribute the film. I know he's extremely busy in real life these days, but I'm hoping we can figure something out.

Frankly one of the big reasons we all went through Stuckfast was that we'd like to preserve and protect our anonymity ... if anyone's got any brilliant ideas for how Android675 could accept payment while remaining anonymous, we're all ears.

Android675

Post by Android675 » Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:20 am

As soon as Stuckfast told me he was going to stop offering Upgrade for sale, I knew this was going to happen sooner or later. The problem is that people would still like to buy Upgrade (granted, not many people, but a few) and there's currently no place for them to get it.

This situation was brought home by Stephaniebot, who with no apology whatsoever publicly announced that he got a bootleg copy of Upgrade from Mark at Black Ice. While I have a sneaking suspicion that he got the video for free from Mark before the video was unavailable for purchase, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Even if the video wasn't available when you got a free copy, Stephaniebot, the better course of action would have been to do exactly what slvsara did, and post a message on this board, or contact Robolvr, Keraptis or myself asking if there was a way you could get a copy. Not only would we have helped you out, we would have had a better idea of the kind of demand that was out there for copies of the video.

Also, if Mark at Black Ice is reading this board, I want to drive home what an unscrupulous thing he did. Not only did you bootleg a video that wasn't created by you, but you bootlegged it off a video copy that I sent you for free, ostensibly for "review" purposes in your magazine. I never saw a review, and now all your'e doing is ripping off me, Keraptis, Robolvr & Stuckfast. You shouldn't be doing it, and we don't appreciate it.

That being said, Keraptis, Robolvr & I have been talking in recent days about a way to once again offer "Upgrade" for purchase. The solution seems to be that I set up a PayPal account. I also need to make dubs from the master. Once that's done, we should be able to sell the video again.

This won't happen overnight. The dubs need to be made at a dub facility, as the master is on Digital Betacam. Also, I'm out of town for the next couple of weeks. However, in a few weeks we should be set up.

If anyone is interested in purchasing copies (including Stephaniebot), please e-mail me at android675@aol.com. Please put ASFR UPGRADE in the subject line so it doesn't get deleted as spam. I'll only have sporadic e-mail access for the next couple of weeks, so don't be surprised if you don't get a reply. However, once the video is ready to go, I'll e-mail everyone back.

Thoughts?

A

Baron

Post by Baron » Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:37 am

Android675 wrote:As soon as Stuckfast told me he was going to stop offering Upgrade for sale, I knew this was going to happen sooner or later. The problem is that people would still like to buy Upgrade (granted, not many people, but a few) and there's currently no place for them to get it.

This situation was brought home by Stephaniebot, who with no apology whatsoever publicly announced that he got a bootleg copy of Upgrade from Mark at Black Ice. While I have a sneaking suspicion that he got the video for free from Mark before the video was unavailable for purchase, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Even if the video wasn't available when you got a free copy, Stephaniebot, the better course of action would have been to do exactly what slvsara did, and post a message on this board, or contact Robolvr, Keraptis or myself asking if there was a way you could get a copy. Not only would we have helped you out, we would have had a better idea of the kind of demand that was out there for copies of the video.

Also, if Mark at Black Ice is reading this board, I want to drive home what an unscrupulous thing he did. Not only did you bootleg a video that wasn't created by you, but you bootlegged it off a video copy that I sent you for free, ostensibly for "review" purposes in your magazine. I never saw a review, and now all your'e doing is ripping off me, Keraptis, Robolvr & Stuckfast. You shouldn't be doing it, and we don't appreciate it.

That being said, Keraptis, Robolvr & I have been talking in recent days about a way to once again offer "Upgrade" for purchase. The solution seems to be that I set up a PayPal account. I also need to make dubs from the master. Once that's done, we should be able to sell the video again.

This won't happen overnight. The dubs need to be made at a dub facility, as the master is on Digital Betacam. Also, I'm out of town for the next couple of weeks. However, in a few weeks we should be set up.

If anyone is interested in purchasing copies (including Stephaniebot), please e-mail me at android675@aol.com. Please put ASFR UPGRADE in the subject line so it doesn't get deleted as spam. I'll only have sporadic e-mail access for the next couple of weeks, so don't be surprised if you don't get a reply. However, once the video is ready to go, I'll e-mail everyone back.

Thoughts?

A
Be careful with Paypal. They'll take your money, but if they "find something offensive" about what you're selling, you'll have the Devil to pay to get the mess straightened out. PP is behind the difficulties the ScifiSexNetwork has been having of late; and they've reportedly shut down several other fetish sites because they didn't like the material!! :evil:
The Feds are also looking very closely at PP's security - a rash of identity thefts have left a trail back to Paypal........

Again, BE CAREFUL!!!
Assemble the ladies? I didn't know that they were broken......

keraptis

Post by keraptis » Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:59 am

Thanks BL for the heads-up. One can only assume (hope?) that at the volume we'll be selling "Upgrade" we'll be flying below the radar ...

Stephaniebot
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:48 pm

Well on the grounds of stirring things up lol,what happened was I bought some things off Blackice on Ebay,and he included the disc as an additional item in my package as he thought I might enjoy seeing it.As far as we could tell this film was totally unavailable in this country,please remember that your US discs wont play over here,so he just was giving me the chance to see it.I was warned I probably wouldnt find it too exciting as the transformation as a scene just doesnt happen,and he was right.I watched it once for interest,but wont be rushing to do so again I have to admit.Blackice made no financial gain,and having seen it I wouldnt have bothered to have actually paid out for it if I had needed to do so.I certainly made no effort to buy the film,I was just simply given the chance to watch it no more.Think a certain guy from Canada's work is far superior myself,but thats just my feeling.
If Keraptis and Android are that desperate for a few dollars then hey I'll arrange a payment through paypal,or maybe I will just send them the disc back instead as I wont probably watch it again.Got to say if this is the attitude that some show here in keep having a dig at me then maybe I will have to reconsider being a member here,as I thought the idea was to make people feel welcome,but maybe some only like it to boost their egos!
This is only a dig at 2 people,the rest of the people I have had contact here with are a pleasure to know,and I will miss them lots if I walk away because of this.
Yours in anger and disappointment,
Stephaniebot
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

Android675

Post by Android675 » Sun Mar 21, 2004 4:34 pm

Stephaniebot,

To quote your original post:

"Kubrick,I suggest you send a nice message to Blackice,he has a copy of upgrade,and very generously did a DVD for me,so maybe he can do the same for you."

Not only did you let everyone on the board know that you got a free copy of Upgrade, but you actively encouraged other people to contact Mark to get their own free copy.

Payment aside, that isn't a nice thing to do. You can get defensive and overreact, but Keraptis, Robolvr and I have every right to ask that people not copy for free something we worked hard on.

Love it or hate it, Upgrade is something we created. At the very least, we'd like to hear some feedback from people - even negative feedback. The first thing we heard about Upgrade from you was a post where you encouraged someone else to get a free copy (your negative feedback came later).

And, FYI, we have the ability to make PAL and SECAM VHS dubs of Upgrade. I've done this for several people, and I may have actually done it for Mark. Had you asked, I could have made one for you.

You mention that we're "desperate" for payment, although I never said anything of the sort. $30 per tape is a miniscule amount, dollar-wise. It comes down to common courtesy in a VERY small group. I'm sure you can understand that.

Personally, I feel you shouldn't get a "dig" at me when all I'm asking is that you not do something that you shouldn't be doing in the first place. I feel I've explained my point of view pretty clearly in these posts, and I wish you wouldn't overreact to my comments (for example, saying that you could leave the group because of this discussion). Of course, it's your prerogative to do so, but it certainly isn't adding anything to the dialogue.

A

Dark_Archon
Technosexuality: None of your business

boot leg copies

Post by Dark_Archon » Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:11 pm

If this was warner bros or MGM i think they'd be after a lot more then 30 quid besides unlike those rich gits, the guys that made upgrade probably shelled out a fair bit and are also lucky if they broke even. Sorry guys i will admit i am too stingy to buy a copy but hey at the moment a loaf of bread's a luxury on what i have left of my student overdraft but from the clips i have seen good on ya.

Well thats my two pennys
l8rz
DA

andoroido
Technosexuality: Built

Post by andoroido » Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:31 am

I just thought there was a general consensus that we wouldn't start copying and distributing the works of the independent studios. I suppose the consensus is not as unanimous as I thought.

As much as I want to see it, I don't want to see it; because it will just mean the system has broken down, the pirates have taken over, and all the indies might as well stop making anything, because it will just be copied and distributed.

I myself have just a bit of Asian indie stuff, but I will not share it, let alone SELL it, or "include it as a free gift" along with other items SOLD. These videos can be obtained legally from online sources.

If your country has compatibility issues, then I would suggest investing in an compatible VCR, which are also available with a lot less searching than finding ASFR material. If money is an excuse, then you, like me, can live without the video.

Too bad the producers were kind enough to be duped into providing a free copy of the video, and then insulted further by seeing it passed on.
I guess I should have been tricky enough to ask for a free copy for myself, but I suppose this free-video-for-review deal will no longer be available. ;)

I hope we can ALL reaffirm our desire to keep the independent producers IN business, rather than killing them off.

andoroido

keraptis

Post by keraptis » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:19 am

Stephaniebot wrote:This is only a dig at 2 people,the rest of the people I have had contact here with are a pleasure to know,and I will miss them lots if I walk away because of this.
Yours in anger and disappointment,
Stephaniebot
So let me make sure I understand this. You are openly suggesting that people pirate independent ASFR films, and then you have the nerve to respond "in anger and disappointment" when people politely call you on it?

You say you received "Upgrade" without asking for it. If that's true, then I have no problem with you on that score ... it's BlackIce who did something unethical there. Your mistake is that you thought it was appropriate to suggest on this board that others seek out their own free copy. I think Android and I have been very civil in raising the issue to you. We gave you plenty of room to gracefully apologize for the misunderstanding. Instead you decided to act like a child, calling us "desperate for a few dollars" and expressing distaste for the film itself. Funny, when you were offering free copies of it, I don't recall you saying that people shouldn't bother ... but now the tune has changed.

Seriously, you should rethink how you've responded to this matter and also consider the very real implications of what happens to independent projects that actually require funding when people decide to steal. Then maybe we can go back to getting along.

Stephaniebot
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:20 pm

If you read carefully I made no comment at the time about the quality of the film,just one place I knew it was available.My feelings for the film are only my critique and a not a general one about its quality,I feel if people want to see it then why not give them the opportunity to do so.If you provide them with the opportunity to do so by purchasing the film then wonderful,I'm glad it will be available to those who want to see it,and maybe I've achieved something after all if it becomes available again. Ironic isnt it!
This is my last posting on this matter,hopefully others will do the same.I will only break this rule if I feel that my naturally helpful nature is being 'devalued' in any way.
As to whether other people on here want to get on with me,fine thats their choice,I'm not going away,why should I? I try to be helpful and get torn apart,as I say lets draw a curtain on this matter.
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

blackice

Apologies all round

Post by blackice » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:48 am

Hello

First off let me apologise for any problems I’ve caused as none were ever intended.

I was in correspondence with 'Stephanie' and I suggested getting a silver catsuit as illustrated so well in the Upgrade and I followed through with a place to get a custom one made London as she didn't want to order it from the US.

When she had won an Ebay auction of an item I had listed I supplied a dupe on DVD-r (I only have one VHS deck) so she could look at it and see what the suits were like and possibly model hers on it.

In retrospect I guess I shouldn't have done that so I have just paypal'd over US$30 to Stuckfast to cover the cost of the version sent to 'Stephanie'.

As for any comments or offers made by 'Stephanie' I would not send dupes out but direct them to the website to order.

I still have the tape sent to me and will be very happy to post onto whomever is authorised by Stuckfast to receive it.

The proposed review we had discussed via email has fallen by the wayside as my magazine is now in limbo due to major distribution problems. It will be covered when we get proper and full backing.

I did try to get a review and coverage of the Upgrade placed in well known fetish magazines I both write and photograph for but I was turned down.

Sorry again for any angst this has caused.

Mark

PS: It would be a good idea to sell the Upgrade with the suit or via one of the manufacture’s of Zentai outfits as it’s a larger market dedicated enthusiats in Japan too; http://www.iitywykm.com

keraptis

Post by keraptis » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:56 am

WOW.

BlackIce, thank you for taking the time to set the record straight. Your honesty and forthrightness are hugely appreciated. You've earned a ton of respect from me by the way you've responded to our concern.

As for getting the review published, thanks for trying, too bad it didn't work out. Good luck with getting your magazine back up and going again.

P.S. I'm a big fan of IITYWYKM too, and if/when we do another film they will likely be our costume supplier. (I think for "Upgrade" it was Renaissance Dancewear.)

andoroido
Technosexuality: Built

Post by andoroido » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:39 am

Well, then I hope the situation is wrapped up with Black Ice's gracious response. :)

blackice

Payment via Paypal?

Post by blackice » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:15 am

Hi

This maybe a reason why the Upgrade is no longer offered via the site and paypal payment.

I've just been called on listing various latex items/fetish on ebay and they don't want paypal associated etc with it.

They want me to modify the listings, but as there's only one day left there's little point.

Has anyone had any experience and can offer suggestions?

I just emailed them and asked to talk to someone for clarification and to see if its the actual items or my purple prose descriptions. After all catsuits and coats.....

Wondering if this was sparked by the thread here as the email they sent

"However, we have been informed that your transactions involve items
that are inappropriate to sell using PayPal, specifically fetish coats,
trousers, catsuits, etc. Your account is therefore in violation of the
Acceptable Use Policy. Accordingly, we must ask that you either
discontinue your current product offering, or modify the terms of the
sale in order to be compliant with the Acceptable Use Policy."

Sort of implies that they were 'Informed'

Comments or suggestions based on previous experiences would be usefull especially if you have work arounds etc.

Cheers

Mark

The Collector
Banned

Post by The Collector » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:43 pm

Do they accept "halloween costumes"? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
There's always time to collect!

Android675

Post by Android675 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:21 pm

I haven't had web access for the past week and a half, since I've been out of town, so this is my first chance to respond to many of the most recent posts.

I (and Keraptis & Robolvr) would like to thank everyone for their postings on the subject, including Black Ice, Dark Archon, Androido and Stephaniebot. I think it's clear that no insult or inury was intended by either Black Ice or Stephaniebot, and that everyone was acting in good faith. I also think that the ideas for my response (supporting independent ASFR producers like ourselves, and giving some feedback) are understood. Definitely a good idea to keep this small, weird group together and supporting one another.

And, Black Ice, I wanted to wish you good luck with the magazine. I hope you find funding to get things going again - having more publications that support and encourage non-mainstream fetishes could only be a good thing.

And, in the meantime, until we get this PayPal thing sorted out, feel free to e-mail me at android675@aol.com with any requests for copies of Upgrade.

A