Better Story Organization

Post your suggestions and comments about Fembot Central.
msubmissive
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Human

Better Story Organization

Post by msubmissive » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:49 pm

I feel it would be a great improvement to have the stories placed and organized into different categories such as tf, non/consensual etc. or at the very least have tags in the story posts.
on an unrelated note, If anyone is reading this then I'd like to inform you that I'm very interested in that sub-genre of forced transformation of a girl to a cyborg/robot with very detailed descriptions of the transformation process. If any of you would be kind enough to point me in the direction of those kinds of stories then I would be very appreciative.

dale coba

Re: Better Story Organization

Post by dale coba » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:42 am

Who would step up to write the code?

If we don't have any skilled volunteers within FC,
should we raise funds to hire a coder?

- Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

tectile

Post by tectile » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:30 am

Perhaps a small step in the right direction would be to ask future contributors to both sites story sections to throw in some key words (or tags as mentioned above) below the title of the story to let you know what you're going to be reading. At least the new stuff would be somewhat sorted.

Example. A story recently posted on FC "Deadline" could read something like,

Male+fembot+sex+cons+built+vaginal+oral.

http://www.fembotcentral.com/viewtopic. ... ine#p57871

This would allow the author to classify their work without relying on someone or someone's to do it for them.

I certainly wouldn't want the responsibility of classifying someone Else's work and have others count on my judgement.

There are just to many variables in some of the material around here. A story that contains a certain kind of violence may not bother me at all where it may offend someone else.

Just a thought.

Propman
Technosexuality: Built

Post by Propman » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:41 pm

While we're at it, perhaps it would be prudent to create a sub Story forum - for discussing writing styles, story ideas, etc. The Story forum proper would be reserved for mostly posting stories.

Brytestar

Post by Brytestar » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:18 am

The story achieve just went to pieces. :(
Sometimes you just gotta look at the Bryte side!

DollSpace
Identification: Android

Post by DollSpace » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:16 pm

Brytestar wrote:The story achieve just went to pieces. :(
Umm, yea, sorry about that. I've been in pretty poor condition lately and have had to move round lots as well, and then my iMac crashed, and the backup failed, too, so...I'll think of something eventually. In the meantime, I think certain codes would be helpful, too, since a lot of people love transformation and a lot don't, and it's the same regarding built or not, and regarding sentience or not, or certain sexual preferences, and whatever. Maybe people can suggest codes and then I'll try to standardize them so we all know what each code signifies and will make it easier for people to read stories they're apt to like.

gynoneko
Identification: Cyborg

Post by gynoneko » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:50 am

lets see... we should include codes for more than just robot-centered things. Here are some suggestions, feel free to expand on the ideas or expunge ones that make no sense. (In no particular order):

seams, seamless, forced transformation, voluntary transformation, mind control, torture, rape, sex, cyborgs, exposed circuitry, face-plate, repair, adventure, romance, comedy, breakdown/crash, removable limbs/head, military, conspiracy, slave, harem, metal skin, secret organization, fantasy, sci-fi, space, urban, artificial blood, human-like, sentient, robot-like, jerky movement, damage, internet,

So there are some ideas, like I said, feel free to add, remove, edit, etc. If I think of more, I'll post them.
My heart and soul locked up in a cold steel frame
- Brian May

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:34 am

WordCloud !

(a blacklist could be used to exclude common terms)

- Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

WilloWisp
Location: An infinite distance away in a direction which can't be described in 3-dimensions.

Post by WilloWisp » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:19 am

dale coba wrote:WordCloud !
At a rough guess, I'd say Yearbook Pictures is my most fanservice-y installment of the Virus Alert series. Here's a wordcloud of it.

Now, what kind of meaningful information could you derive from that cloud to better categorize it?

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:39 pm

We're going to need a bigger exclusion list.

All common words, all words below four letters... not hard to set that up
(but did you ever notice how no one around here ever seems to actually be a programmer?)

- Dale Coba

p.s. your cloud is semi-side-waysish, and the colors make my eyes bleed)

WilloWisp
Location: An infinite distance away in a direction which can't be described in 3-dimensions.

Post by WilloWisp » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:24 pm

dale coba wrote:We're going to need a bigger exclusion list.

All common words, all words below four letters... not hard to set that up
(but did you ever notice how no one around here ever seems to actually be a programmer?)

- Dale Coba

p.s. your cloud is semi-side-waysish, and the colors make my eyes bleed)
The initial point I was getting at is that pure vocabulary is not sufficient for useful story categorization. It's rare for me to even say "fembot" in Virus Alert, and the sleeper nature of the 'bots themselves means that I couch a lot of things in innuendo. Yearbook Pictures may well be the sexiest, disassembly-est, malfunction-est chapter so far, but there's nothing about a word cloud analysis of it that would suggest so. Beyond 1.00, there's been virtually no usage of even the term "sleeper".

I hadn't noticed the thing about programmers, largely because I am, by profession, a kind of programmer. My area of expertise simply isn't suitable to creating a word cloud generation tool. It seems a moot point, since they exist in the wild, with highly configurable options. I just don't think it would provide a useful basis for story categorization.

Ps: I used wordle.net, and picked purely random settings. The color probably didn't bother me because I'm colorblind.

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:18 pm

Your points are true; I wanted an impartial tagging procedure.

If I had a list, and knew how to write a UNIX pipe command,
I'd take each story and strip out the common words; then use wordle or such on the condensed remains.

- Dale Coba

WilloWisp

Post by WilloWisp » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:27 am

dale coba wrote:Your points are true; I wanted an impartial tagging procedure.

If I had a list, and knew how to write a UNIX pipe command,
I'd take each story and strip out the common words; then use wordle or such on the condensed remains.

- Dale Coba
Pretty sure wordle lets you specify words to exclude. There shouldn't be any need to pre-filter.

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:10 pm

I think it would have to be a large list.

If by some strange accident I succeed in teaching myself HTML5,
(but don't hold your breath)
I'll try to customize the wordle API to our purpose.

For the list: take a good story, and rip out all the special words.

- Dale Coba