So what is it about fembots?

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.

What is it about a fembot that appeals most to you?

She's a different kind of "life," with a different outlook and different kinds of problems
21%
She exists to serve, and can be controlled and programmed as her owner chooses to use her
35%
Both about the same
29%
Something else (please suggest below)
15%

Total votes: 62

ehy
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

So what is it about fembots?

Post by ehy » Sun Aug 31, 2003 3:28 pm

Hmm...

Somebody said, "We all have the same root fascination..." (Sorry, don't recall who even though I just read it a few minutes ago.)

I've gotten the feeling over the years that that isn't quite so - that there are at least two different fascinations represented here, with some but not universal overlap between them. I am NOT by any means suggesting that we should split off into separate groups, but I am curious how true my feeling is.

So here's a poll on the subject, and an intro to what could become discussion. I know many of us can get a lot more specific, but I think - perhaps wrongly - that most of our fascinations fit into one or both of those categories. (I might be missing something about transformation, so if you're into transformations please feel free to speak up about that.)

(I think we can assume that an ideally beautiful female, by whatever our personal standards of ideal beauty may be, is a turn-on far from unique to us, so I suggest we leave that aside for this discussion and focus on what is unique to this community.)

rs5420
Technosexuality: Built

Post by rs5420 » Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:17 pm

Like people do like to own a nice car, i would like to own a fembot.

To me, fembots have no mind of their own, they are just machines running complex programs and executing routines and subroutines. But machines that i would like to have pleasure with, sexual or playfull, like a kind of walking Playstation for adults... :P

dale coba
Technosexuality: Transformation

Post by dale coba » Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:06 pm

This is fantasy, right? This is where we get a surfeit of what we otherwise lack, guaranteeing a fulfilling experience. i lack confidence, I lack too much of what one would offer in a relationship. I lack control, I lack belief in or understanding of female desire, especially desire for me. I've always needed to take women down to my level, where sex is desireable, and though it might be ridiculuous, with robotic themes to establish her baseline threat potential at zero. Playback and erase, she wouldn't remember one moment of awkwardness. There's no element of enjoyment of cruelty; in the fiction, nanobotic transformation is defined as virtuous, an ascension, not violence.

I could say that there's a parallel in transformation with becoming sexual myself, with the onset of puberty - but I know my fetish predates that "transformation". I'm threatened by the lack of intelligence and negative emotions of other people, and a programmed experience precludes that.

I want her to be transformed, sexualized into the form of a true Adult, with a mature technosexual sensibility.
I want her to share my desires: for her, for women, for robots.
I want her continuing failure to portray a human to constantly drive home her artificiality, which implies all of the above ideal qualities. There is no "soul", but the attempt to negotiate conflicting self-images as human or 'bot is a great way for her to reveal herself.

A Stepford World would allow me to be assertive, and to assert the pleasure of my fetish. Without the fetish, I don't think sex would end up properly. It often didn't, with my one-year live-in lover, in the distant past.

Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

Otaru Mamiya

Post by Otaru Mamiya » Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:28 pm

The first choice in this poll summed up my thoughts perfectly. I'd want a gynoid to be an intelligent being with it's own thoughts and unique problems. How would a person like that react if she realized that her batteries were running low... or what would go through her mind if she were suddenly damaged and needed assistance? Would she be afraid? Would she ask for help? Would she struggle to make her way to a repair station?

I suppose that my version of a transformation story would come from the other direction. What would happen if a woman suddenly discovered that she was a robot? I don't just mean a "This unit is not programmed to recognise" reaction. More of a "Oh my god, I'm a machine." reaction. How would she react to the news? Would she question whether or not she's really a person? Obviously, she would think that she remembers a whole, long human life and would question how many of her memories are genuine. She might need the help of a friend to keep from having a nervous breakdown (pun intended)

A lot of my favorite stories have to do with a gynoid with the limitations (or advantages) of being a machine, but still retaining the thoughts and feelings of a simulated human.
"Don't sweat the petty things... don't pet the sweaty things..."

GZ02

Post by GZ02 » Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:37 pm

I totally agree with rs5420's opinion.

Fembots - or robots in general - are simply required to perform a programmed task. Whether you're talking of factory assembly robots or a lifelike female android giving you a sensual back rub (oh, the thought...the thought...) it all comes down to the basic programming.

No matter how perfectly made the simulation, right down to her behaviour, it is merely a simulation, a construct. Even the way she would think would be the end product of a sophisticated programming matrix (depending on how complicated of course).

We're not at the mercy of the kind of linear behaviour and directives such as a highly sophisticated machine would exhibit. It's like comparing apples to oranges, in my mind anyway. But that's what's so intriguing to me. She looks, talks, and feels like the real thing but in essence is much different.

Gorgo

Post by Gorgo » Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:04 am

For a long time, I've looked on the basic concept of androids/AIs, regardless of the specific title we use for them, as a possible avenue of exploration concerning humankind's final rejection of the ancient belief that "true" life is the product of an omniversal entity we normally call "God."

Yes, as we take our first big steps into making these entities science fact in lieu of science fiction, those involved will be probably motivated by pure economic factors. In other words, the "android as programmed servant" worldview will dominate all modes of commerce vis-a-vis androids and their place in human society.

However, like it or not, there are going to be dreamers out there. The inventors, motivated by whatever cause or reason, who will want to create something just for the simple intellectual delight of creating something with his/her own hands. And while at first, those type of people are going to be frowned on by the "powers that be," their influence IMHO will grow as time, technology and social advancement progresses.

In my eyes, I'm glad there are groups like ASFR, plus the many writers who've published works such as Stepford Wives and the like, coming forth now, while the concept of androids and AIs are still science fiction, to stimulate a debate like this. Forewarned is forarmed, as the old saying goes. We'll be better off for it. :wink:

Fred
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. warship approaching it: This is a lighthouse; your call.

Sega-boy

Post by Sega-boy » Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:59 am

I would say that the following qualifies as the something else catagory...

A fembot's monotone voice, mechanical movement and malfunctions.

Mind you, I voted for control naturally.

...but to make the fantasy more appealing for me, there's that extra something else.

-----------------------------------------------
And did I mention that she's disease-free.
#
Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn for SEGA.

droidlvr
Banned

Wasn't able to vote but....

Post by droidlvr » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:12 am

I'll say that I would've voted for the "Both about the same" choice.
To me it's as simple as wanting a fembot to be a fembot. Even if she has some organic components, (outer skin and a few other superficial things) for me she'd have to at least be at her "core" (skeletal and intellectually) artificial. She'd have to be able to do things humanly impossible and display the characteristics of being the advanced creation that she is.
Last,for me at least, for her to be so damned close to real as to be virtually indistinguishable from the real thing (even to me when she's with me) then why not settle for the real thing or a clone? Our "thing" should then be renamed and known as A.S.F.Human.Clones A.S.F.H.C.. :wink:

tully

Post by tully » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:55 am

Everything. :wink:

Kurara

Post by Kurara » Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:57 pm

I think everyone has a different outlook on what a robot or a fembot is. A lot of people think of a really cold, emotion-less being when they think of a robot.. Some people really love that about them. To other people, a fembot is a really strong woman. They see a fembot as a woman of the future who doesn't have any of the functions that makes us "pathetic humans".. If you see what I mean. I guess it's that way. Some other people like fembots because of the whole submissive aspect.. Or because when you're a robot, you're just starting to learn everything about life.. And I guess some people are attracted to that child like innocence.. It's a personality trait I wish I could have myself.
Miao

ehy

Post by ehy » Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:42 pm

Kurara wrote:I think everyone has a different outlook on what a robot or a fembot is.
So what's your outlook? (Welcome to the group, by the way!)