Anyone using eMule?

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
keraptis
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Human

Anyone using eMule?

Post by keraptis » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:30 pm

I have used it for a few things and it seems to me that it would be a great way for us to share files. If enough of us are interested, all we have to do is put "ASFR" in the name of each file we're sharing to make it extremely easy for everyone to find cool ASFR-related stuff.

I know there's stuff I could dig out of my archive ... and I know some people here are legends when it comes to collecting movie clips and such.

Anyone interested in giving this a try?

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:56 pm

Yah, I've tried Kazaa Lite, LimeWire and eMule. As I write this I'm grabbing the Mutant X file off eMule. Many "asfr" titled files are in my shared folder.

keraptis

Post by keraptis » Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:04 pm

Hmm ... just did a search for "asfr" in eMule/Kad and came up empty. Is there a way to see your shared folder other than searching?

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:06 pm

keraptis wrote:Hmm ... just did a search for "asfr" in eMule/Kad and came up empty. Is there a way to see your shared folder other than searching?
Hmm, well I dunno. Maybe if you searched on one of the rarer files I have you'll find the rest. Try looking for "hubba hubba zoot zoot". :lol:

keraptis

Post by keraptis » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:09 am

I searched for that and found some matches, none of which had ASFR in the title ... currently downloading from a server called "bob666" ... sounds ominous in a Twin Peaks / Damian Omen sort of way. I assume that's not you. :)

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:40 am

keraptis wrote:I searched for that and found some matches, none of which had ASFR in the title ... currently downloading from a server called "bob666" ... sounds ominous in a Twin Peaks / Damian Omen sort of way. I assume that's not you. :)
LOL. No, that's not me. I didn't mean to say that the hubba hubba file had "asfr" in the title, but that if you found the hubba hubba file you might see what else that person is sharing, and if it's me then I should have some asfr stuff.

BTW, Bob was in a fembot film! :lol:

keraptis

Post by keraptis » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:10 pm

noidguy wrote: BTW, Bob was in a fembot film! :lol:
You mean Frank Silva? My understanding was that he wasn't an actor but a stagehand ... until David Lynch stuck him into Twin Peaks. On IMDB his filmography is pretty thin ...

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:01 pm

keraptis wrote:
noidguy wrote: BTW, Bob was in a fembot film! :lol:
You mean Frank Silva? My understanding was that he wasn't an actor but a stagehand ... until David Lynch stuck him into Twin Peaks. On IMDB his filmography is pretty thin ...
Ah, maybe my memory is clouded. Wasn't Bob a twisted other side of the character played by Ray Wise? An inner evil kinda thing? I only saw bits and pieces of the series.

keraptis

Post by keraptis » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:52 am

noidguy wrote:
keraptis wrote: Ah, maybe my memory is clouded. Wasn't Bob a twisted other side of the character played by Ray Wise? An inner evil kinda thing? I only saw bits and pieces of the series.
Yes, exactly. (SPOILER WARNING!!!)

Bob was played by Frank Silva ... and of course we don't know that Bob is inside Leland (Ray Wise) until the second season. As the legend goes, Lynch was filming the interior of Laura Palmer's bedroom when he noticed Frank Silva -- who basically looked and dressed like Bob in real life -- had gotten into the shot. He suddenly had this brainstorm to make Silva part of the show, as this creepy spirit haunting the house. Only later did it develop into the concept of Bob (and Mike, his good counterpart, a.k.a. the "one-armed man") as a metaphor for both evil in general and more specifically for child abuse/molestation.

Here's a more complete description of how it happened:
http://www.glastonberrygrove.net/reference/howbob/

BTW Twin Peaks is IMHO the greatest work of art ever produced for television. Seriously, if you have not seen at least the first seven episodes, you owe it to yourself to watch them!

keraptis

Post by keraptis » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:54 am

noidguy wrote:I didn't mean to say that the hubba hubba file had "asfr" in the title, but that if you found the hubba hubba file you might see what else that person is sharing, and if it's me then I should have some asfr stuff.
Well I downloaded "hubba hubba" and it was, well ... entertaining. One of my more surreal experiences in recent days.

Svengli

Emule

Post by Svengli » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:13 am

Hi,

I've been using emule as well.

It's quite useful for file sharing but it's a little different from Kazaa.

Unlike Kazaa, emule doesn't seem to write, read or search the "metadata" connected to a file (like the artist and such added to an mp3). Instead, emule only seems to read the name of the file.

So search like asfr only work if someone has labelled their stuff asfr.

Also, for chatting with and checking the directory of other users has never worked. I even tried chatting with noidguy and got nothing.

On the other hand, emule is designed for huge files - I've downloaded gigabytes of stuff off of it. You just have to look by name - one key work can be enough.

I've gotten Mary 25 and Valorie 23. Dr Goldfoot seems to be there as is the bootleg version of The Stepford Wives.

Svengli

Post by Svengli » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:17 am

There's also another feature to emule that I think it would be nice to use.

You set a "community string". This gives anyone with that string in their some kind of preference on your machine.

If I set the string "gynoid" and noidguy takes the name

"noidguy [gynoid]" then he would have preference with me.

-- The community string has to be in perentheses, remember.

I'd propose that we set the string gynoid for our community string.

S

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:22 pm

Is there more to it than just changing your name and adding [gynoid]? Also, I think by adding someone as a "friend" you have the capability to see their shared files list. And as for the chat, I have also attempted to chat with Svengli but I guess the timing has never been right. Must be possible, though.

Svengli

Post by Svengli » Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:33 pm

Yes,

I missed Noidguy as well. I just sent another message.

Anyway....

The community thing is in the "advanced" choices on the preferences menu. You choose a string on the menu and folks with that string in square brackets get preference in sharing files. Square brackets are these: [].

Later,

S

droidlvr
Banned

e mule question

Post by droidlvr » Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:02 am

Guys, i have both e-mule and e-mule plus which to use? Hate ta ask fer an explanation on getting things set up. When e-mule starts up i cannot connect to any of the servers listed,is it that i may need an updated version? Mine is ver.0.30e

pukinfish

Post by pukinfish » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:12 am

{cloaking device disabled}
fade into view

i see a bunch of ASFR files from noidguy[gynoid].
ive never had emule work for me, though i right now see someone uploading a song from me.
maybe it will work

Svengli

Post by Svengli » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:27 am

I use emule plus and it seems good. I haven't used regular emule so I couldn't compare.

The emule system seems really futzy. Sometimes I just can't connect with any server and other days things are just smooth. I would advise to keep trying - and test which ports work.

-- And remember to set "gynoid" as your community string on the advanced options dialogue box!!

S

pukinfish

Post by pukinfish » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:11 pm

its my router. earlier today i bypassed it and put this puter right to the cable modem and WHAMMO! ...folks went to downloading from me like crazy. never did any good gettin stuff from noidguy, found him and got to view his shared files, .......waiting waiting waiting, but at least i know i now have to figger out how to get through the router. have to hunt down a tutorial for my particular dlink router as i dont have a clue where the paperwork on it is.

i guess im just an idiot but i cant FIND anyplace to put in this community string thing. ill keep pluggin away at it though.

dont laugh, think about what it takes to make a fish puke.........

noidguy
Retired staff member

Community string thing

Post by noidguy » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:17 pm

Yeah, I had trouble finding the "community string" option, too. Apparently plain old eMule doesn't have it but eMule plus does. So now I've got eMule plus and have set up the options as Svengli suggested.

Devil
Technosexuality: Built

Post by Devil » Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:26 pm

Hi, I just downloaded emule and emule plus. I am behind a router and I tried to do what they said to do in the help files, but it continues to say that it cannot get a connection. Went into my router's connection setting and set it up to allow it to go to emule, still nothing. Anyone know how to get a proxy through there? Thanks

Ryan

robolvr

Post by robolvr » Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:29 am

Well, I finally joined the trend and downloaded emule and emule plus today. Now, can someone point in the right direction of where I need to go in regards to servers? Thanks.

RL

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:35 am

I usually connect to Razorback 2. Seems to be one of the more popular choices. Lots of users, lots of files. But by doing a global search you will also get lists of files available on other servers.

Svengli

The next step...

Post by Svengli » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:01 pm

Now if everyone using emule and using the "community string" of gynoid,

The next step is to start tagging your stuff with the string "asfr" or "gynoid" and sharing it and list when you've shared and what it's like here.

Thanks a bunch, it would create pretty effective media exchange.

S

andoroido
Technosexuality: Built

Post by andoroido » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:27 am

My ISP here in Japan just sent me a very specific
warning to me, personally, about sharing TV show files,
thus I can't download.

I'd gladly pay for these files if there were a system,
but we don't even have iTunes in Japan yet (even though
they're selling iPods like crazy)

Someday this will all be worked out on a reasonable monthly subscription
to download stuff, and we'll all think of this time just as we
think of how crazy Prohibition was back in the 1920's.

But it's almost 2005, and still it ain't happenin' !!!!

I think it's crazy that I can watch most of this stuff for free
on TV (and have done so), or tape it, or at most rent it for a couple bucks.

Guess I'll go back to prowling the video store. Sorry, folks.
But I can still give advice on Japanese ASFR stuff.

andoroido