Breaking News (sort of): Michael Jackson Dead at Age 50

Feel free to post any friendly non-asfr related talk here. No character play.
DukeNukem 2417
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Breaking News (sort of): Michael Jackson Dead at Age 50

Post by DukeNukem 2417 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:04 am

http://feeds.foxnews.com/~r/foxnews/lat ... 23,00.html

I'm surprised that nobody posted about this yet...
"No one steals our chicks.....and lives!"

Gorgo
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by Gorgo » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:32 am

Not that many people here may be fans, Duke.

Still, it is a sad thing, especially with the revelations of what his career ultimately did to him at the end.

Rest in peace, Moonwalker. :cry:
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. warship approaching it: This is a lighthouse; your call.

mysticblueca

Post by mysticblueca » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:44 am

I agree with Gorgo. It's sad he passed, as is when anyone does.

But really he did way too many weird things in his life that I think most people aren't really shocked. Not a Huge Fan of his either.

fnord
Technosexuality: None of your business

Post by fnord » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:33 pm

weird, YES
Far too much attention is paid to "entertainers", really what do they contribute? Do they in fact harm more?
In reality he was a drain on news time, energy and had a negative effect on society in his alleged acts with k i d s ? His actions similar to Cosby affected the main stream, assimilating through mass media a " lower subculture" resulting in further negatives. I'm only sorry ---that more haven't gone the way of the dodo or "Mick"
"I have seen the fnords"

TheSpotConlon

Post by TheSpotConlon » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:28 pm

You all must be so much fun at parties.

I broke out my old copies of Off the Wall and Thriller, had myself a ball. Great music, old memories. We talk about these things because they are shared culture, and we use these moments, these shared deaths, to try and understand where we are headed and where we have been. We take stock, because otherwise we spiral.

The next time you sell 750 million albums, then maybe I'll take notice and listen. Until then, don't put "entertainers" in quotes, and realize why some things mean so much to so many...even after the eccentricity and allegations.

(Side Note: wouldn't it be great if we persecuted only after a person is found guilty? He was found not guilty by a jury twice. Even OJ got nailed at the civil trial.)

TheSpotConlon

Post by TheSpotConlon » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:29 pm

fnord wrote: His actions similar to Cosby affected the main stream, assimilating through mass media a " lower subculture" resulting in further negatives. I'm only sorry ---that more haven't gone the way of the dodo or "Mick"
Oh, and praying for the death of famous people? Real classy, Dickhead.

RancidInsanity

Post by RancidInsanity » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:10 pm

Not only Michael Jackson, but Ed McMahon, Farrah Facett, AND Billy Mays all passed as well...what is the world coming to?
...Nolo Contendere

fnord
Technosexuality: None of your business

Post by fnord » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:15 pm

TheSpotConlon (SPOT THE COLON )WROTE

Oh, and praying for the death of famous people? Real classy, Dickhead.

I guess I can add "THE COLON SPOTTER" to my list as well.

"Dickhead" Real classy!

Now moving on past your "Cult of personality" issues :twisted:
"I have seen the fnords"

mysticblueca

Post by mysticblueca » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:41 pm

The next time you sell 750 million albums, then maybe I'll take notice and listen.
I personally have never said he didn't accomplish things. But some of the things they are saying he did to the world, MOST were done before him. He's just this era's Elvis, The Beatles, Rolling Stones, etc. the list can go on. BUT no top popular music performer like that has passed away in a good 20 years. But he didn't change the music world in the past 40 years. Maybe for 10 years tops approximately 1982-89.

Bottom line if it wasn't for Quincy Jones and the others that produced his BIG albums (Thriller) he wouldn't have really made as a huge of a dent in the world. I give Michael Jackson a lot of credit. He was a performer first and foremost. I personally think he is and always was over rated. Heck every dick and harry is coming out now talking about him like he was their brother. It's all media grabbing. That is really how his life has been.

He passed away, WE MOURNED. Now the news of his life is really going to come out. He is this era's Elvis NO matter how you try to say NOT. What bugs me the most, is the more they go on about everything and Make it the Circus it has always been around his life, Michael will always have the wrong reputation after passing. He did weird things, can't deny that.

WE gave him credit where credit was due. Let's treat him like we did for Lennon. Keep his name clean and move on.

Not a dig at Michael Jackson. Just want him to get the credit for what he really was. A Performer. And that's all.

TheSpotConlon

Post by TheSpotConlon » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:21 pm

Excellent points all, mysticblueca. Well said, and thanks for that.

barakuda

Thier are lots of different people

Post by barakuda » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:35 am

Look thier are lots of people who are different it just gets Blown 300 percent when your famous. And that just makes things worse. Why do we need to examine every little thing these stars do.It wouyld be fun to be a great musician ans preform for thousands. But whem im done and living my everyday life leave me alone. I think you get my point Alsoi lets look at something positive about Micheal. He was in the guiness book of world records for giving to 39 different charities.

Barakuda

DukeNukem 2417

Post by DukeNukem 2417 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:34 am

RancidInsanity wrote:Not only Michael Jackson, but Ed McMahon, Farrah Facett, AND Billy Mays all passed as well...what is the world coming to?
Let's not forget about David Carradine earlier this month.
"No one steals our chicks.....and lives!"

Toby

Post by Toby » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:24 pm

TheSpotConlon wrote:(Side Note: wouldn't it be great if we persecuted only after a person is found guilty? He was found not guilty by a jury twice. Even OJ got nailed at the civil trial.)
Yeah. I'm sorry, but the man just did weird stuff. Weird enough that I would not let my kids hang out at his place, conviction or not...

I can't really say I'll miss him. I can't really say I won't. Perhaps he influenced my life in some astronomically huge, but hidden way that I don't know of, but to be honest, I just wasn't that into him and can't really say one way or the other good or bad.

I don't know enough about him to speak intelligently, I just know that I would not let my 5 year old hang out at the neverland ranch. Where there is smoke there is fire...?