The Baron Shatters Another Milestone

Feel free to post any friendly non-asfr related talk here. No character play.
Baron

The Baron Shatters Another Milestone

Post by Baron » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:23 am

Uh, oh.
With this very post, I'm in "The 400" club, now. :shock:

Once upon a time, the term "The 400" referred to the "upper crust" of society, and generally encompassed socialites, the extremely wealthy, and/or the extremely intellectual, or any combination of the three. While it did tend to breed some rampant snobbery and elitism, there were still many who never let it go to their heads, at least in public. Although it's rarely mentioned at all these days, remnants still exist, and are still thriving; witness the "weekend in The Hamptons" crowd. It's not to be confused with the nouveau-riche "weekend in Aspen / Hollywood-lemmings" bunch - The 400 is still extremely exclusive, and likely always will be. In business circles, the Forbes 500 is its' rough analogue.

Of course, my take here is somewhat different, but it still has its' own bit of exclusivity associated with it. While 400 posts might not seem like much, I'm going to take the lazy way out and lean heavily on the "quantity / quality" clich`e-argument. Being a Baron has its' perks and prerogatives, y'know. :wink: Seriously though, I do take some pride in knowing that within my first 400 posts I've run the gamut from active Community contributions to mindless, zany fun. And it's been 100% worthwhile the entire time. My fondness for this Community as a whole is plainly evident in each and every one of my first 400.

A lot of it has to do with the calibre of the rest of the Community here; I simply wouldn't pipe up at all, if I din't know that my fellow Community menbers are a pretty decent lot overall. And that simple fact is the sort of "eagalitarianism" I can happily live with. Thank you, one and all, for sharing the ride with me thus far.

Here's to the next 400, although I'm fighting hard against going all Groucho Marx about my newly-minted "club" status here!!
:twisted: :lol:

Assemble the ladies? I didn't know that they were broken......

revtek

Post by revtek » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:38 am

As long as no one's in the 700 club.

Gorgo
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by Gorgo » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:13 am

As long as no one's in the 700 club.
Ugh. Bad pun.
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. warship approaching it: This is a lighthouse; your call.

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:41 pm

I'm steadily approaching the point where I join the 1K club
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

Baron

Post by Baron » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:39 pm

Thanks for the support, Friends. :D
Kishin, it ain't so bad being a Greybeard. I look at it as having seen and done a fair amount of things, and gaining wisdom through the experiences. Gotta admit though, I could do without "dem old bones" creaking, groaning, and complaining more often!. My dream Fembot will have full heat and massage as standard equipment.
:twisted:

Baron

Post by Baron » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:41 pm

Robotman wrote:Congratamundo!
(That's not actually a word, but it sounds nice.)
:lol:
Okay, fess up - "Happy Days" is still a guilty pleasure, right? :wink:

minkwheel

Post by minkwheel » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:27 pm

I've invented a few words in some of my stories over the years, and the best part about doing that is that NO ONE CAN TELL ME THAT THEY'RE SPELLED INCORRECTEDLY........ see, there's another one. Congratulatori Spellings to YOU, Baron for becoming one of the 400 CLUB.... I'm in the 600ish club if I'm not mistooken. --minkwheel
...From my HEART and from my HAND
WHY don't people understand my intentions?