what is your favorite Star Trek episode?

Feel free to post any friendly non-asfr related talk here. No character play.
Korby
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by Korby » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:11 pm

I think an argument could be made for "City On The Edge Of Forever", as far as something deeply emotional and affecting featuring Kirk... YMMV, of course, but that's what I think.

Which is not to take anything away from "The Inner Light", though; it's certainly one of TNG's very finest hours. It and "Darmok" are two of my favorites.

Apart from that, it's hard to narrow down my list to just one favorite, even to just one from each series... but I can keep it down to just a few:

TOS: "City...", "Balance Of Terror", "Where No Man Has Gone Before", "The Corbomite Maneuver", "The Devil In The Dark", "The Trouble With Tribbles"

DS9: "Emissary", "Duet", "In The Pale Moonlight", "The Visitor", "Trials and Tribble-ations", "Take Me Out To The Holosuite"

VOY: er, least said soonest mended, I guess... I thought "Caretaker" was a great pilot, and felt the series immediately commenced to squandering much of that pilot's promise. "Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy" was pretty amusing, though.

ENT: Nothing really stands out too much; I'll just say that I liked the fourth season the best, when they stopped messing about with Temporal Cold Wars and Xindi spheres and whatnot and started doing an actual prequel to Star Trek.

--k
"Oh shut up Ray don't talk about gettin' with a robot
That is a ill idea"
--Roast Beef
http://achewood.com

TheSpotConlon

Post by TheSpotConlon » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:05 pm

Okay, top five for the three series that matter:

TOS: "What Are Little Girls Made Of?," "The Conscience of the King," "The Corbomite Maneuver," "The Trouble with Tribbles," "The Tholian Web."

TNG: "Family," "Parallels," "The Measure of a Man," "Booby Trap," "The Best of Both Worlds."

DS9: "Trials and Tribble-ations," "It's Only a Paper Moon," "The Way of the Warrior," "Duet," "The Sound of Her Voice."

That was a lot tougher than I thought it was going to be, and I could probably spend the rest of the night screaming "Oh, that was great!" about ninety percent of all TNG and DS9 episodes. TOS, as much as I love it, and as cool as that crew was, can be whittled down a lot quicker, because there are a lot of episodes that are exceedingly awful. One only has to think about "The Empath" or the one with the Space Hippies to wonder what the hell was going on at NBC in the sixties. While there are some eps of TNG that get there ("Shades of Grey," a lot of the first season, that damn one with the Indians), it was helped by the budget. TOS at its worst was cheap and bad, so you couldn't even look at the pretty around it.

jak

Post by jak » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:42 am

[POST REMOVED]

Borias

Post by Borias » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:52 am

Last edited by Borias on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:54 am

There would only be one reason why I'd dislike her.

Jealousy!
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

Korby

Post by Korby » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:44 am

jak wrote:If I may ask... why is it, that no one seems to like Star Trek Enterprise?

I can understand Voyager. Personally I grew up watching wednesday night voyager with the family, so I'm rather fond of it, but I can recognize its flaws. It just seems that a lot of trekkies I talk to dislike STE.

Enterprise fixed many of the flaws Voyager had. The characters were more interesting (and flawed), the foreshadowing/prequel work was clever and insightful into the universe, and it was certainly action packed.

As far as favorite episodes...

Does first contact the movie count for next gen? Pretty much anything with the borg is awesome.

For TOS: "A Piece of the Action", "Trouble with Tribbles", and " The Menagerie"
Don't get me wrong. I don't actively dislike ENT as a whole. I didn't much care for the Xindi arc, and the Temporal Cold War didn't excite me a lot, either. When the show was focusing more on setting up recognizable elements of the 'future' seen in previous series, I quite enjoyed it, and as I said, once it kicked into high gear with the prequelling in season four, I was very excited. And I truly regret that it didn't get to go beyond four seasons, because I think it was only going to get better.

--k
That is a ill idea"
--Roast Beef

General
Technosexuality: Built

Post by General » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:43 pm

"There are four lights!"

TOS: Eh, not much of a TOS fan either.

TNG: Chain of Command, but the Inner Light was also excellent.

DS9: A tie between The Visitor and Strange Bedfellows when Worf gets pissed and breaks Weyoun's neck.

VOY: Although I really liked Seven no one episode really stands out as better than another.

ENT: ??? didn't watch this too much after the second season.

AK
Banned

Post by AK » Fri May 01, 2009 2:19 pm

[POST REMOVED]

Korby

Post by Korby » Fri May 01, 2009 9:16 pm

AK wrote:TOS: Two words: Mirror Spock.
I don't know how that slipped my mind. "Mirror, Mirror" is truly awesome, and 99.9% of that awesomeness can be summed up in the words, "BAD SPOCK".

Gotta love Bad Spock. James T. Kirk, who is no one to be trifled with, mentions to Bad Spock that he would be a formidable opponent, to which Bad Spock agrees... and then casually points out, "I trust you are aware that the reverse is equally true."

(Or words to that effect.)

And Kirk, in all candor, can only agree.

Beautiful.

And the ending... Kirk gives one of his trademark impassioned speeches about how in every revolution, there is one man with a vision. And he implores Bad Spock to be that man.

Bad Spock, cool as the total cessation of all molecular motion, simply says "Captain Kirk... I shall consider it." And energizes the transporter.

I love that episode.

--k
That is a ill idea"
--Roast Beef

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Tue May 05, 2009 12:00 am

TOS: Arena
TAS: The Practical Joker
TNG: Timescape
DS9: The Ship
Voyager: Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy
Enterprise: Singularity

Although, I like every single episode.
Check out my stories: https://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles: Season Two | The Doctor is in - The Clinic (In progress...)

dubhdanaidh

Post by dubhdanaidh » Thu May 07, 2009 12:41 am

:?: