A different kind of ASFR inspiration

Feel free to post any friendly non-asfr related talk here. No character play.
visceralpsyche

A different kind of ASFR inspiration

Post by visceralpsyche » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:55 am

Hi all,

I went to Kyoto for the first time last weekend to shoot some geisha. I've always found them so beautiful and tranquil in their mannerisms.

Anyway, having seen them move, dance and interact with the clients now I can say that I will be doing my best to bring some of these qualities into my fembot stuff. The geisha and maiko (trainees) are amazing in the way their movements are controlled. They are the living embodiment of beautiful dolls in my opinion - elegant, beautiful, precise and alluring all in one intricately presented package.

Don't be surprised if I take this beautiful artform into the fembot realm in the future some time.... :wink:

These pictures are taken with my Red One camera btw, not a still photo camera! These are moving images in their original form. Once I've edited them together I'll post the clip here if anyone's interested.

Enjoy!

tinyspider

Post by tinyspider » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:08 pm

Kishin wrote:Gaaaaaahhhhhdahmn!

Those pics are CLEAN!

Looks great Paul! :shock:
It's the air in Japan, you know?
they release this chemical into the air to help digital cameras focus better... :lol:

visceralpsyche

Post by visceralpsyche » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:15 am

Kishin wrote:Gaaaaaahhhhhdahmn!

Those pics are CLEAN!

Looks great Paul! :shock:
....you should see them moving, in full 4K resolution!! I'm constantly amazed by what the Red is capable of, and I've been shooting with it for a year now!

Here's a FULL SIZE link (34MB PNG image) so you can see what 4K actually looks like. Keep in mind this was shot from a motion picture camera, so its shutter speed was set to 1/50th of a second to match a rough 180 degree shutter and the local light frequency. I mention this because the blurriness in the picture is a result of her movement and not of the camera itself. Were I to set a shutter of 1/2000th for example, things would look razor sharp as the moving variable would be largely eliminated. Lots of light needed for that though.... :wink:

visceralpsyche

Post by visceralpsyche » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:19 am

Robotman wrote:Beautiful ornamentation and the ladies are quite lovely too. ;) Nice work Paul.
I want one of those funky 3-string guitar things now. :D
They are called shamisen and have that wonderful traditional Japanese sound that one associates with geisha.

Incidentally, here's the website of the ryokan where I shot them:

http://www.kyoto-maiko.jp/

You might recognise the faces :wink:

I'll be editing the footage in the next week or so for them so they will eventually be able to put it up on that site for interested people to download.

Cheers,

Paul

AK
Banned

Post by AK » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:22 pm

[POST REMOVED]