Bone The Fish - A Replacement for Jump The Shark

Feel free to post any friendly non-asfr related talk here. No character play.
tmc_6882

Bone The Fish - A Replacement for Jump The Shark

Post by tmc_6882 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:56 am

A couple of months ago, jumptheshark.com, which was a popular online community involving users voting and commenting on the exact moment that their favorite TV show "jumped the shark" (or it a creative wall, in reference to an episode of Happy Days featuring the Fonz literally jumping over a shark while on water skis), was transformed for all of the wrong reasons. Basically, it became little more than a barebones, celebrity gossip site overseen by the new owners of TV Guide (who purchased jumptheshark.com from Jon Hein several years back).

As a replacement of sorts, comes what is known as Bone The Fish. Not only does it discuss TV shows, but musicians, celebrities and film series.

http://www.bonethefish.com/
TVGuide crushed a site that was near and dear to many viewers, and had us laughing daily. The powers that be at TV Guide decided: let's take a great community, a very interesting concept and a ton of valuable input and make it a redirect to a subdirectory of garbage that looks like a tabloid. That was the great demise of one of the greatest websites of all time, which unfortunately fell victim to its own namesake (which will not be named here, but we are sure you can figure it out)!

We vowed to keep the spirit of "the site that shall never be named" alive in theme and spirit. That spirit was given a name in March of 2009- "Bone the Fish". This early time frame is when things can fall apart without the help of the fans - be it a movie series, tv show, celebrity or movie group. We value the opinions of our new fans and community, and we realize that people indeed want to vote on their favorite BTF moment.

So take a minute, sign up for the new BTF revolution and comment and vote until your fingers are worn to the bone!

Trace Venom
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Post by Trace Venom » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:01 pm

Yeah, but...

Why "Bone The Fish"?

Does it refer to a specific moment of a show or movie analogous to "Jump The Shark?"

I would've thought "Nuke The Fridge" (Indiana Jones 4) would've made more sense, at least in an S.A.T./this-is-like-that term.

Baron

Post by Baron » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Trace Venom wrote:Yeah, but...

Why "Bone The Fish"?

Does it refer to a specific moment of a show or movie analogous to "Jump The Shark?"

I would've thought "Nuke The Fridge" (Indiana Jones 4) would've made more sense, at least in an S.A.T./this-is-like-that term.
Makes perfect sense to me.
TV Guide f*cked up {or "boned"} JTS after they bought it - hence "Bone The Fish."
Assemble the ladies? I didn't know that they were broken......

Plastic_rose
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by Plastic_rose » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:31 pm

I know it's a little off topic but I've been rather fond of the term... "Nuking The Fridge" since I first heard it.