Apple to switch to Intel

Feel free to post any friendly non-asfr related talk here. No character play.

Apple to switch to Intel. What do you think?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:36 pm

Those bastards!! I'll throw my Mac out of the window NOW!
6%
I don't care.
56%
Apple? Intel? What are you talking about?
11%
Great idea.
28%

Total votes: 18

tinyspider

Post by tinyspider » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:52 pm

I've been using both platforms for years, and my veredict is: there's all sorts of cool/awful issues to deal with, whichever platform you use...

If you're a mac addict, you'll be a liar if you say a mac never crashes/freezes. I remember being forced to physically disconnect the freaking computer to restart it (that's when you love the 'reset' button :D )

If you're a PC addict, you're right code_author, a PC heats like it was fueled by diesel instead of electricity, I remember a beautiful, hand-made wooden blanket, almost melted by my laptop (that's when you'd really like to put your freaking computer on fire)

I tend to favor PCs instead of Macs, for 1 simple reason: Try to buy at least 1 cool game suited for such platform (I'll give the finger to whoever says 'Myst' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

keraptis
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by keraptis » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:08 am

araenae wrote:I remember a beautiful, hand-made wooden blanket
Wow, that takes me back. You almost never see hand-made wooden blankets anymore.

:wink: :P

code_author

Wooden Blankets...

Post by code_author » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:49 pm

Hey A, when I was a wee lad in Holland, our blankets wood(PTP) always go on fire. :lol:

Sorry,had to

Code

tinyspider

Re: Wooden Blankets...

Post by tinyspider » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:41 pm

that's what happen when you type after being working too much and drinking too much caffeine, my poor translation skills tends to embarrass me

'wooden' heheheh :oops:
(... I better go to sleep now)

droid_boy

Post by droid_boy » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:57 pm

A pentium M based Powerbook excites me in ways that only a scandalously dressed fembot could....

Bart
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Post by Bart » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:45 pm

droid_boy wrote:A pentium M based Powerbook excites me in ways that only a scandalously dressed fembot could....
The time has come!
Macworld 2006: Watch the keynote (aka Stevenote) http://macworld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/mw/index.html. Jobs is a genius and does a great job presenting the new stuff ("There's one more thing...").

Intel MacBook Pro; Intel Core Duo CPU, up to 4 X faster than the latest G4 powerbook: http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/

They've also put a Core Duo into the iMac thus making it 2 X faster: http://www.apple.com/imac/.

Guess for most of you this is uninteressting or even boring.. But hey, Macs are damn sexy! :!: Get one NOW.
This post was generated by automated means and is therefore valid without a signature.

Bart
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Post by Bart » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:55 pm

Just re-read the thread a bit and noticed that a lot has changed in the Apple universe last year:
keraptis wrote:It's a smart move for Apple. Next, maybe they ought to wisen up and abandon the horribly outdated idea of the one-button mouse.
Now they have the Mighty Mouse. Well it costs 60 bucks or so :-\ At least their prices didnt change :-)
This post was generated by automated means and is therefore valid without a signature.