Copyright & Trademark

Feel free to post any friendly non-asfr related talk here. No character play.
Posts: 1130
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:44 am
Location: My beloved Shanghai

Copyright & Trademark

Postby liliwinnt6 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:20 am

good find, but will they be sued?
Fellas, you may address me as Boris, my ID could be troublesome for you to call me.
BTW, my stories would be updated without notifications.
https://www.turboimagehost.com/album/148338/stock_images

Posts: 111
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: YouTube and other video finds 2018

Postby tdlsn » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:07 pm

good find, but will they be sued?


Who cares? I don't. Happy that at least in Asia, ... they aren't so tongue 'n cheeky when it comes to hetero ASFR. :hypnotized:

Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:12 am

Re: YouTube and other video finds 2018

Postby cyberdude » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:45 am

IMO it falls into the "cosplay" category. Unless if they decide to market and promote the android as the ones from the game without permission.

Posts: 650
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:58 pm

Re: YouTube and other video finds 2018

Postby N6688 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:07 am

cyberdude wrote:IMO it falls into the "cosplay" category. Unless if they decide to market and promote the android as the ones from the game without permission.

That wouldn't matter as well, in china the rule is the one that trademarks it in china first is the owner of the trademark.
This how we have things like this.
Image
foreign owners of global trademarks have almost zero procent chance to win a trademark case in china.
The chinese defendants allways wins.
YAAAAAAY, CORRUPTION..............
(sarcasm by the way)
"Robot wives have needs, too"
Goku, Dragonball fighterZ 2017

Posts: 397
Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 4:28 pm
Location: An old house forgotten by time in Metropolis

Re: YouTube and other video finds 2018

Postby Rotwang » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:46 am

The first thing you have to understand in cases like copyright infringement etc is that what seems perfectly logical to a person must be established in a legal matter. It's not enough to say "This is a copy" It has to be established and that's usually done by a judge, usually after reviewing all the available information and evidence brought by both parties. In other terms it's one big game of "You did, I didn't" and depending on who the judge ends up believing you can get fined. That's copyright/trademark 101.

Posts: 650
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:58 pm

Re: YouTube and other video finds 2018

Postby N6688 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:02 pm

Rotwang wrote:The first thing you have to understand in cases like copyright infringement etc is that what seems perfectly logical to a person must be established in a legal matter. It's not enough to say "This is a copy" It has to be established and that's usually done by a judge, usually after reviewing all the available information and evidence brought by both parties. In other terms it's one big game of "You did, I didn't" and depending on who the judge ends up believing you can get fined. That's copyright/trademark 101.

And in china, it doesn't matter.
If you're not chinese, you ain't gonna win there.
Just ask BMW.
https://www.bmwblog.com/2008/12/19/bmw-loses-court-battle-to-chinese-x5-clone/
Or Rolls Royce
https://jalopnik.com/5224776/rolls-royce-plans-doomed-lawsuit-over-chinese-clone
"Robot wives have needs, too"
Goku, Dragonball fighterZ 2017

Posts: 1130
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:44 am
Location: My beloved Shanghai

Re: YouTube and other video finds 2018

Postby liliwinnt6 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:18 pm

N6688 wrote:
cyberdude wrote:IMO it falls into the "cosplay" category. Unless if they decide to market and promote the android as the ones from the game without permission.

That wouldn't matter as well, in china the rule is the one that trademarks it in china first is the owner of the trademark.
This how we have things like this.
Image
foreign owners of global trademarks have almost zero procent chance to win a trademark case in china.
The chinese defendants allways wins.
YAAAAAAY, CORRUPTION..............
(sarcasm by the way)

well you got the spirit
Fellas, you may address me as Boris, my ID could be troublesome for you to call me.
BTW, my stories would be updated without notifications.
https://www.turboimagehost.com/album/148338/stock_images

Posts: 1130
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:44 am
Location: My beloved Shanghai

Re: YouTube and other video finds 2018

Postby liliwinnt6 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:19 pm

btw, did disney lose any case?
Fellas, you may address me as Boris, my ID could be troublesome for you to call me.
BTW, my stories would be updated without notifications.
https://www.turboimagehost.com/album/148338/stock_images

Posts: 650
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:58 pm

Re: YouTube and other video finds 2018

Postby N6688 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:41 pm

liliwinnt6 wrote:btw, did disney lose any case?

Did some research, well what do you know, they actualy won most (if not) all of their cases.
They probably got some pretty good guanxi going on over there, that or some dirt on a ccp official/bought a high ranking ccp official.
"Robot wives have needs, too"
Goku, Dragonball fighterZ 2017

Posts: 1139
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2002 5:38 am
Location: Midwest USA

Re: YouTube and other video finds 2018

Postby tectile » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:33 pm

Shouldn't all this trademark talk be moved to off topic?

Next

Return to Off Topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests