Spaz's ASUS Rant

Feel free to post any friendly non-asfr related talk here. No character play.
Spaz
Fembot Central Staff
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Spaz's ASUS Rant

Post by Spaz » Thu May 10, 2018 4:40 pm

Just wanted to rant about my current computer issues:

Bought a nice ASUS ROG G752 laptop for about 4K a few years ago thinking it would be nice. Little did I know the headache it would cause.

Apparently Windows 10 has an issue with the combination of Intel Motherboard and the NVMe style Samsung SSD that ASUS used to build their laptop. This combo prevented my laptop from being able to update to the recent versions of Windows 10. I've been stuck on Windows 10 1607 (July 2017) since July 2016, and Windows forces you to update every year, so a few months ago my computer finally became virtually unusable and I was forced to wait until April for Windows 10 1803 to be released, which was then delayed twice. I finally had to do a clean install, due to the aforementioned issue and now have to re-initialize all my settings.

I reached out to both companies, Microsoft and ASUS, and they both pointed the finger at each other. Ultimately, I was the victim and had to do a full clean install instead of being able to do a simple upgrade.

That is what I have been dealing with the past few months and has been why I haven't been able to upload any of my world famous image uploads.

You can see this thread to see the volume of people this affected and who had no help from either company: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.p ... und/page32
Check out my stories: https://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles: Season Two | The Doctor is in - The Clinic (In progress...)

Extyr
Technosexuality: Built

Re: Spaz's ASUS Rant

Post by Extyr » Thu May 10, 2018 7:37 pm

Strange, I have the same laptop (g752VY) and I had no problem with that update (apart from some drivers needing to be reinstalled).

Maybe the fresh install I did when I accidentally deleted the administrator account helped? After my first month of stupid mistakes and headaches, it's been acting pretty good.

Uncom
Technosexuality: Built

Re: Spaz's ASUS Rant

Post by Uncom » Fri May 11, 2018 2:07 am

h