Hurricane Harvey/Members In Harm's Way

Feel free to post any friendly non-asfr related talk here. No character play.
DollSpace
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Hurricane Harvey/Members In Harm's Way

Post by DollSpace » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:38 am

I didn't want to post this in the main forum straight away in case the admins had an issue with it, but for all our members in Houston/SE Texas as well as SW/South-Central Louisiana who need our help, this may be a page for us to give to them directly, if they so choose to identify as such, but also to remind everyone of such reputable charities such as the Red Cross to help not just our fellow members on the board but others as well after this catastrophic storm. Later on today I'll work on linking some vetted charities that people can click on to donate to help the victims of Hurricane Harvey. My thoughts go out to those affected by the storm.

CLICK HERE TO DONATE TO THE RED CROSS
Last edited by DollSpace on Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

DukeNukem 2417
Identification: Human

Re: Hurricane Harvey/Members In Harm's Way

Post by DukeNukem 2417 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:45 am

If anyone's wondering about me: I'm still alive. Got rained on and spammed with extended tornado warnings last night, but obviously, they never got close.

As long as I'm still alive, the V.I.C.I.-verse is still alive with me. 8)
"No one steals our chicks.....and lives!"

Sentient6
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by Sentient6 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:38 pm

I've been hearing a lot of words of caution against donating to the Red Cross due to the way they allocate their funding. Fortunately, there are a multitude of local organization and charities you can support and that will probably have a greater positive impact. GoFundMe has a centralized page of verified campaigns related to the Harvey relief effort that you can view here.

https://www.gofundme.com/raise-funds/hurricane-harvey

DollSpace
Identification: Android

Post by DollSpace » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:08 am

Sentient6 wrote:I've been hearing a lot of words of caution against donating to the Red Cross due to the way they allocate their funding. Fortunately, there are a multitude of local organization and charities you can support and that will probably have a greater positive impact. GoFundMe has a centralized page of verified campaigns related to the Harvey relief effort that you can view here.

https://www.gofundme.com/raise-funds/hurricane-harvey
You may be thinking of the Salvation Army there...but, either way, anyone donating should definitely do their due diligence in making sure the charity they send funds to will use them in a responsible way that benefits all in their chosen cause. This is a huge effort to take care of those affected by the storm as well as repair all that was destroyed, and now we have another hurricane out in the Atlantic that thretens even more destruction. Here's hoping anything we can give will help!

I'm also very happy to say that my friend in the area of the storm has contacted me and is safe and secure which makes me very happy and full of relief!