Looker

Feel free to post any friendly non-asfr related talk here. No character play.
deesims
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Looker

Post by deesims » Mon May 08, 2017 10:01 pm

Mandroid Entertainment/ Mandroid Exotica

Karel

Re: YouTube and other video finds 2017

Post by Karel » Mon May 08, 2017 10:27 pm

Have seen "Looker" (Spoilers):

Sadly, despite the tease in this misleading trailer, there's no fembot content in this movie. I saw it hoping there would be, but there wasn't even any good computer girl/hologram content of the kind that I usually like, especially disappointing given that Michael Crichton directed this just a few years after Westworld.

The plot is actually kind of mean-spirited and nonsensical. As best I could piece it together, an ad agency in California works out "perfect female types" with a combination of focus group testing and computer modelling. They then pay models to have plastic surgery done so that they perfectly conform to these prototypes (I'm sure resorting to plastic surgery, in 1981, to make incremental changes of a few millimeters would work perfectly and not do more harm than good at all). Then, after the plastic surgery, they scan the girls to create perfect computer models (why not just alter the computer models?). They use these digitized versions of the girls to create advertisements in which they're indistinguishable from live footage (again, in 1981), but with every micro-movement precisely animated according to their studies in order to maximize beer sales or whatever. Before airing the ads they kill the real girls so nobody knows they're doing this. Then...profit? Albert Finney plays the plastic surgeon who figures out something is up. Ridiculous. Not unwatchable as a cheesy thriller, but a huge disappointment from a content perspective.