I would like to ask something about binoculars

Feel free to post any friendly non-asfr related talk here. No character play.
liliwinnt6
Banned
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

I would like to ask something about binoculars

Post by liliwinnt6 » Thu May 26, 2016 2:41 pm

Is there anyone who is a native German speaker or have knowledge for Carl Zeiss Jena binoculars?
Is there anyone who is well knowledged for repairing a certain binocular?

Firstly I would like to know, what is a "Bereitschaftsbehälter"? And what does "Luxuskoffer" mean?
I'm expecting your earliest reply, and would appreciate any answer.

New problem added at 05/28/2016: What is a "Reißverschlußbelälter" and what does the abbreviation "OVP" mean? I have a monocular 10x50, the label on the original package says the word "Reißverschlußbelälter" on it.
Last edited by liliwinnt6 on Fri May 27, 2016 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fellas, you may address me as Boris, my ID could be troublesome for you to call me.
BTW, my stories would be updated without notifications.
https://www.turboimagehost.com/album/14 ... ock_images

--NightBattery--

Re: I would like to ask something about binoculars

Post by --NightBattery-- » Thu May 26, 2016 3:42 pm

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Carl Zeiss is a wonderful brand, best Microscopes ever purchased, 10/10 would recommend.

liliwinnt6
Banned

Post by liliwinnt6 » Thu May 26, 2016 5:19 pm

--Battery-- wrote:¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Carl Zeiss is a wonderful brand, best Microscopes ever purchased, 10/10 would recommend.
When affordable.
Fellas, you may address me as Boris, my ID could be troublesome for you to call me.

Erntoron

Post by Erntoron » Thu May 26, 2016 5:47 pm

I have no idea how to repair a binocular, but I can help with these 2 words, since my main language is german.

The "Bereitschaftsbehälter" or standby vessel, is some kind of case which can be opened in the front to use it without removing.
(See this: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzY4WDEwMjQ=/ ... uW/$_1.JPG)

The "Luxuskoffer" is literally translated luxury luggage, I think its either a very expensive luggage case or it has some special features.

Hope this helps you a bit!

darkbutflashy
Technosexuality: Transformation

Post by darkbutflashy » Thu May 26, 2016 6:26 pm

Oh, what a wonderful word, Bereitschaftsbehälter. Just as if the GDR never ceased to exist. I had to look it up – and I'm German, too. Seems they mean the tubular which you have on a strap round your neck. And in which the binocular goes when you need your hands for your rifle. That's usually a Köcher in German, same word as used for a quiver for arrows.

EDIT: Ah, it's not GDR speech, but 1930ies. See the third image from top. It's a bit different from a normal quiver as you don't have to unpack the binocular from the quiver to use it. But the article says it was widely seen as impractical.
Do you like or dislike my ongoing story Battlemachine Ayako? Leave a comment on the story's discussion pages on the wiki or in that thread. Thank you!

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Thu May 26, 2016 6:48 pm

About repairing a binocular or other optical instruments, there are only a few specialized companies who do this. Any reasonable optician would take your binocular and ship it to such a company for repairs. Or you can do it yourself, Zeiss has an in-house customer service which offers repairs to anyone.
Do you like or dislike my ongoing story Battlemachine Ayako? Leave a comment on the story's discussion pages on the wiki or in that thread. Thank you!

liliwinnt6
Banned

Post by liliwinnt6 » Thu May 26, 2016 11:20 pm

Erntoron wrote:I have no idea how to repair a binocular, but I can help with these 2 words, since my main language is german.

The "Bereitschaftsbehälter" or standby vessel, is some kind of case which can be opened in the front to use it without removing.
(See this: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzY4WDEwMjQ=/ ... uW/$_1.JPG)

The "Luxuskoffer" is literally translated luxury luggage, I think its either a very expensive luggage case or it has some special features.

Hope this helps you a bit!
oh, thank you. and this kind of vessel looks like "ever-ready" vessel which leica is using. very interesting.

liliwinnt6
Banned

Post by liliwinnt6 » Thu May 26, 2016 11:23 pm

darkbutflashy wrote:Oh, what a wonderful word, Bereitschaftsbehälter. Just as if the GDR never ceased to exist. I had to look it up – and I'm German, too. Seems they mean the tubular which you have on a strap round your neck. And in which the binocular goes when you need your hands for your rifle. That's usually a Köcher in German, same word as used for a quiver for arrows.

EDIT: Ah, it's not GDR speech, but 1930ies. See the third image from top. It's a bit different from a normal quiver as you don't have to unpack the binocular from the quiver to use it. But the article says it was widely seen as impractical.
very good, thank you for your answer as well.

liliwinnt6
Banned

Post by liliwinnt6 » Fri May 27, 2016 7:59 am

darkbutflashy wrote:About repairing a binocular or other optical instruments, there are only a few specialized companies who do this. Any reasonable optician would take your binocular and ship it to such a company for repairs. Or you can do it yourself, Zeiss has an in-house customer service which offers repairs to anyone.
well, what I need is to know some technical vocabulary about tuning a binocular, do you know where can I require them?
thank you

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Fri May 27, 2016 9:08 pm

liliwinnt6 wrote:well, what I need is to know some technical vocabulary about tuning a binocular, do you know where can I require them?
You need a german manual translated? Or what do you mean?

liliwinnt6
Banned

Post by liliwinnt6 » Fri May 27, 2016 10:02 pm

darkbutflashy wrote:
liliwinnt6 wrote:well, what I need is to know some technical vocabulary about tuning a binocular, do you know where can I require them?
You need a german manual translated? Or what do you mean?
May be a tutorial about tuning a binocular, align the prisms, I guess
In English to be simple.