Hardcore Henry

Feel free to post any friendly non-asfr related talk here. No character play.
xerxes31415
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Hardcore Henry

Post by xerxes31415 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:52 pm

So there's a movie coming out called Hardcore Henry, and the premise is pretty much a guy gets re-built as a cyborg super soldier, all shot from the first person perspective. For the male-bot fans, there is a very nice scene of his assembly in the trailer, and a touch of damage too. I don't know if there will be any fembot content, but one can only hope.

Murotsu
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Re: Hardcore Henry

Post by Murotsu » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:48 pm

Who would want to watch what appears to be a movie length version of a FPS video game? Would you really want to sit through an hour + of watching somebody play say, Call of Duty?

That appears to be what this movie is.

jolshefsky
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by jolshefsky » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:48 am

I saw the trailer in the theater and I had enough. Worse than watching someone play a FPS, one review I read noted that you don't have the benefit of the commentary and reactions of the actual player.

At first I thought "I wonder if there's female androids?" And now I'm thinking, "good god I hope not–otherwise I'd actually watch this stinker!" As an experiment in cinema, I'm not sure if it's worth it to actually sit through it as opposed to just knowing it exists: I'm sure it will affect filmmaking, and someone will use it to better effect (perhaps it has already). But the notion of 70+ minutes of first-person action is at least unique ... whatever that's worth.
May your deeds return to you tenfold,

--- Jason Olshefsky

BD

Post by BD » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:08 pm

personally i saw it and loved every minute of it. Though it's got no gynoids. The girls might like it because we do see some male cyborg stuff from arms and legs being put on to schematics and x-rays of his body... and at one point doing an impromptu self surgery to change his battery with his own bare hands.

I'll leave here a review: http://howardtayler.com/2016/04/hardcor ... b-defendi/

And the short movie that was used to showcase what they wanted to achieve (it's about a completely different thing, but the style and what they do is basically the movie) https://www.youtube.com/embed/Kb1hOCX_UVo

smalk

Post by smalk » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:12 pm

Personally, I LOVED this film.

It was exactly what i was expecting - a bloody, violent mayhem that summarizes THE fps experience.

In case you're wondering... yes, there is indeed an actual plot underneath. And a niece development. I would say it's much closer to Bioshock than to Call of Duty.

Unfortunately, no fembots. There are some nice scenes towards the end... but maybe, maybe all the gore may turn down the male-bot lovers xD