3D Images

Feel free to post any friendly non-asfr related talk here. No character play.
shutdown
Technosexuality: None of your business
Identification: Human

3D Images

Post by shutdown » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:30 am

Does anyone know of a way to convert a 3D stereoscopic image into a 2d image but still keep the 3D effect?

dale coba
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Human

Re: 3D Images

Post by dale coba » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:33 am

It seems straight-forward to me: no single photograph can provide a three-D image, without polarized or colored glasses to provide different information to each eye. The two images of a stereoscope are not alike, and provide more information than one can. Lose that information, lose the dimension.

We would have seen such miraculous images in galleries and homes for decades, since the day after the method was invented. Given the history of photography, and the great popularity stereoscopes enjoyed, I'm sure many inventors struggled in vain with the possibilities. The 3-d, red-blue movie glasses was the best they could manage. You can make a still picture for red-blue or polarized glasses, but it's a headache inducing nightmare seen without them.

Someone educate me otherwise; but I say, no.

- Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]