Any other firearms enthusiasts on the board?

Feel free to post any friendly non-asfr related talk here. No character play.
D.Olivaw
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Any other firearms enthusiasts on the board?

Post by D.Olivaw » Thu May 15, 2014 12:50 pm

Just curious. If so, what are you partial to? We should figure out what's the preferred shooting implement of Fembot Central :lol:

And while we're at it; any hunters here?

I don't get to shoot nearly as often as I'd like, ammo being as expensive as it is right now. I have a fair number of very historic guns passed down from my grandfather, who obtained them while overseas during WWII or right after. Maybe its just a matter of what I grew up with, but my preference tends to go rifles/handguns/shotguns. I'm particularly fond of the Springfield A303 and Mauser 98k, big beefy combat rifles that they are, and I have hopes of one day getting my hands on a Garand.

Mrs. Olivaw demanded my Luger P08 as her engagement present, not that this means I can't play with it anymore.
"Men, said the Devil,
are good to their brothers:
they don’t want to mend
their own ways, but each other's"
-Piet Hein

darkbutflashy
Technosexuality: Transformation

Re: Any other firearms enthusiasts on the board?

Post by darkbutflashy » Thu May 15, 2014 2:54 pm

Not an enthusiast, just curious. I come back to you when descriptions of 22nd century police guns are needed, ok? :D

D.Olivaw

Post by D.Olivaw » Thu May 15, 2014 2:59 pm

darkbutflashy wrote:Not an enthusiast, just curious. I come back to you when descriptions of 22nd century police guns are needed, ok? :D
I'd love to, sounds like fun :)
"Men, said the Devil,
are good to their brothers:
they don’t want to mend
their own ways, but each other's"
-Piet Hein

General

Post by General » Thu May 15, 2014 7:06 pm

I wouldn't say I'm an enthusiast but I do try to follow firearms and the associated technology/developments. I don't own any guns at the moment but I've fired quite a few over the years (M9, Glock17, M4, M16, M249, M240, M2, Mk19, M82, P90, and a few random others). I try to do my research when writing to keep things reasonably realistic. It's kind of the equivalent of a guy that might enjoy watching football but never gets his lazy ass off the couch for one reason or another.

I'm always looking for a good discussion though.

xerxes31415
Identification: Android

Post by xerxes31415 » Sat May 17, 2014 8:09 am

I wouldn't call myself an enthusiast, but I own several firearms and go shooting about once a year, also due to cost.

liliwinnt6
Banned

Post by liliwinnt6 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:59 am

I am, but I'm an ordinary Chinese who lives in China mainland, no guns for us... sad
Fellas, you may address me as Boris, my ID could be troublesome for you to call me.
BTW, my stories would be updated without notifications.
https://www.turboimagehost.com/album/14 ... ock_images

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:41 am

Im thinking in getting a a 300$ crossbow for home security, maybe even for deer hunting one day, i think they require no special legislation and very little maintenance

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:58 am

liliwinnt6 wrote:no guns for us... sad
No, liliwinnt6, you are the lucky ones.

Sad is the hate, and mental illness, and murder below.

In these 21st century attacks, had they been committed with guns rather than knives, the wounded would have died as well; and at least several hundred more still - in these attacks, mind you. But also in the domestic violence cases, in the bar fights, in the petty crimes - liliwinnt6, you cannot estimate the dead and maimed your country would see, if your citizens were armed to the teeth like ours in the US.
hastily edited Wikipedia wrote:Yan Yanming
Shi Yuejun
Wang Xiwen

On March 23, 2010, Zheng Minsheng 41, murdered eight children with a knife in an elementary school in Nanping,.....

Just a few hours after the execution of Zheng Minsheng in neighboring Fujian Province, in Leizhou, Guangdong another knife-wielding man named Chen Kangbing, 33 at Hongfu Primary School wounded 16 students and a teacher......

On April 29 in Taixing, Jiangsu, unemployed 47-year-old Xu Yuyuan went to Zhongxin Kindergarten and stabbed 28 students and two teachers after stabbing the security guard; most of the Taixing students were 4 years old. The attack was the second in China in just two days....

On April 30, Wang Yonglai used a hammer to cause head injury to preschool children in Weifang, Shandong, then used gasoline to commit suicide by self-immolation....

An attacker named Wu Huanming, 48, killed seven children and two adults and injured 11 other persons with a cleaver at a kindergarten in Hanzhong, Shaanxi on May 12, 2010;...

On May 18, 2010 at Hainan Institute of Science and Technology, a vocational college in Haikou, Hainan, more than 10 men charged into a dormitory wielding knives around 2:30 am; after attacking the security guard and disabling security cameras, 9 students were injured, 1 seriously....

On 4 August 2010, 26-year-old Fang Jiantang slashed more than 20 children and staff with a 60 cm knife, killing 3 children and 1 teacher, at a kindergarten in Zibo, Shandong province. Of the injured, 3 other children and 4 teachers were taken to the hospital. After being caught Fang confessed to the crime. There was no known motive. Since the start of the year, a total of 27 people had died and at least 80 were injured in various knife attacks....

Eight children, all aged four or five, were hurt in Minhang District, Shanghai when an employee at a child-care centre for migrant workers slashed the children who were 3 to 4 years old with a box-cutter. The woman had worked there for years, but was thought to have psychiatric problems....

In September 2011, a young girl and three adults taking their children to nursery school were killed in Gongyi, Henan by 30-year-old Wang Hongbin with an axe. Another child and an adult were seriously wounded but survived.The suspect is a local farmer who is suspected of being mentally ill....

On 14 December 2012, a 36 year-old villager in the village of Chenpeng, Henan Province, stabbed 23 children and an elderly woman at the village's primary school as children were arriving for classes.....
Antique and finely crafted guns are fascinating to study, like old clocks; but men rarely buy antique clocks to convince themselves that their dicks are larger than other men's. Antique guns aren't worth it, not if you also have to take our intentionally misinterpreted Second Amendment to the Constitution. Unless you are a member of an official State militia (which would now be the National Guard), according to the Founding Fathers and with the Second Amendment read correctly, your right to own mass killing tools shall totally be regulated and infringed.

The grass is not always greener on the other side, not with so much blood spilt upon it.

If you must protect yourself - (Really?) - wish for a taser with the leads that shoot out and grab into your attacker. When there can be a non-lethal option, arming yourself with a needlessly lethal weapon for self preservation would be highly immoral, by my reckoning.

I wrote this post because I can do nothing else to prevent the constant murder in my country.

Count me as one proud gun dis-enthusiast.

- Dale Coba

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:27 pm

oh, but it's not old!, it has metal and everything :lol:
(I just wanted something long range and i saw the CB first. but, hey, yeah, the mid range teaser sounds less insane.)
:? but, ok, i catch your drift.
anyho, if U.S civilians didn't had guns in the past, it would be Mexico now.
and to my knowledge civilians in mexico, today, don't have "real" guns by law.
and today they are slaughterlambs for druglords and all kind of crazy laws.
Just saying.
just...
saying.
#votequimby

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:34 pm

--Battery-- wrote:and today they are slaughterlambs for druglords and all kind of crazy laws.
One very good piece of news is that the marijuana legalization and decriminalization efforts in the US have collapsed the value of Mexican marijuana, and they are no longer growing it for export.

- Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

General

Post by General » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:24 pm

Antique and finely crafted guns are fascinating to study, like old clocks; but men rarely buy antique clocks to convince themselves that their dicks are larger than other men's. Antique guns aren't worth it, not if you also have to take our intentionally misinterpreted Second Amendment to the Constitution. Unless you are a member of an official State militia (which would now be the National Guard), according to the Founding Fathers and with the Second Amendment read correctly, your right to own mass killing tools shall totally be regulated and infringed.
The 2nd Amendment seems pretty clear and concise to me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YY5Rj4cQ50

Less than lethal weapons do have a place and sometimes they will work, but not all the time. For a taser, you are limited to 30 feet, and you better not miss because you have one shot. You also better hope that there is only one guy coming in your house and he isn't wearing a thick jacket.

I will admit that fire arms aren't always wise for home defense, but every person has to make their own call there. I live alone and the houses are fairly tightly packed together. I also live in a state where they tend to favor the rights of the intruder over the rights of the homeowner with a little racial politics thrown in for good measure. So my own personal equation favors a can of grizzly bear grade pepper spray and a 3 lb demolition hammer for home defense.

Now, that being said, home defense isn't the intention of the 2nd amendment. For those that watched the video it's primarily to allow The People to defend themselves against a potentially tyrannical government/militia. The immediate counter argument is always "what will a shotgun or pistol do against tanks and jet bombers?" You wouldn't think much but history shows actually it can do quite a bit. From the Viet Cong to ISIS, folks have proven that a determined person and a firearm can take a on modern military force quite effectively.

Here's a little trivia for anyone that may still be reading (probably pretty few by now as I know this opinion isn't very popular). What is the single greatest armed force in the world? Go ahead and hit Google if you want to, I'll wait....

Back yet? Any guesses? China? Russia? US Military? Nope. The single greatest armed force in the world is the American population; 80+ million gun owners. That is larger than every military and paramilitary force in the world combined, and by a large margin. Sure just because someone owns a gun doesn't mean they're trained (I could argue the same thing for a lot of uniformed forces as well), but those sort of numbers serve as a firewall against invasion or tyranny.

I fully admit there are far too many tragedies where some nut bag decides he's going to kill people and in the US he uses a gun more times than not. Is it horrible...yes. Can it be mitigated....probably. Can it be prevented....no. The Wikipedia blurb shows that pretty well. Even if the state were to completely seize all guns, people will kill other people for bat shit stupid reasons all the time. If it isn't a gun, they will use a knife, or a car, or a bomb, or something. Evil bat shit crazy will find a way.

As horrible as these attacks are, and as much as we may want to prevent them we can't act just for the sake of 'doing something'. Taking a person's firearm away because some other idiot used it improperly is a very slippery slope. Do we take away everyone's cars because stupid people cause fatal accidents? Do we take away free speech because a few idiots use it to swindle, harass or flat out lie? Do we outlaw religion because some idiots commit horrible crimes and claim it was in the name of religion? No that's going too far. The sad truth is some people will abuse freedoms given to them and do stupid things. Some can be prevented, some cannot.

And for anyone who for some reason is still reading, I will step down from my soapbox and go back to reading/writing about having sex with robots.

liliwinnt6
Banned

Post by liliwinnt6 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:52 am

Kishin wrote:This thread is derailing at an amazing rate. Can we please stop with the gun control positives and negatives, lest I be forced to close it? It was a simple question on who else enjoys firearms on this board, not a debate on the legality or the intention of American Constitution writers.
I agree with you, this topic is now effectively derailed. In my opinion, firearms (even canons, tanks, attack choppers) they should be toys only for responsive adults when not for military use.

liliwinnt6
Banned

Post by liliwinnt6 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:00 am

dale coba, you wrote that much, caught me off guard, and I understand that now, thank you for the reminding.
General, I like your idea about having sex with a robot, story or for real.
Battery, may I suggest you to have a shotgun for home defence?