Sports yo

Feel free to post any friendly non-asfr related talk here. No character play.

Re: Sports yo

Postby Brytestar » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:28 pm

sweet860 wrote:I think you Lions fans are going to be very happy with Patricia as your Head Coach. And the Pistons are a fun team for once! Definitely sad to see Avery Bradley go this off-season, but he's been great for you guys

Also *barfs at thought of watching Pro Bowl*

I just found out BUT it’s not official not a done deal. According to the local media here in Detroit. Like Pro Bowl has at least one Lion going otherwise I’ll pass on it. No stock in the playoffs maybe Minnesota but I don’t know....
Sometimes you just gotta look at the Bryte side!

Postby screwznbults » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:04 pm

Brytestar wrote:
screwznbults wrote:You forgot Korea. SMH. I feel so bad for Mexico and Korea. Two of the four teams I pull for each World Cup.

(Points to Group F)

I know. They in a bad seat, no?

Postby ChocolateKeys » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:48 am

sweet860 wrote:NFL playoffs in full swing, Jags look scary (if they could only get a decent game from Bortles)

Blake had pretty great games this years, especially after the bye week. Were games that he was really confident, stepping up on the pocket, throwing right on the money, but his last 2 games (TEN and BUF), I saw that nervous and poor 2016 Bortles. The guy just couldn't chill out, looked like a rookie, shaky, throwing awful checkdowns (he is usually bad on these throws, though), if he not went full 'White Vick' in the 2nd half, maybe the Bills could have a better luck...
But we can blame the OC, Nathaniel Hackett, that can't make back-to-back games with good playcalling, and the WRs weren't getting that much of separation to try more deep plays.
If Bortles chill out and bring back the confidence of the Seahawks or Texans game, I can really see a W against PIT and a big game against the Pats. And maybe, finally, a Franchise QB on Blake...
English isn't my first language (and still isn't a second...). So, if i commit some mistake, PLEASE inform me.

Postby sweet860 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:06 am

ChocolateKeys wrote:
sweet860 wrote:NFL playoffs in full swing, Jags look scary (if they could only get a decent game from Bortles)

Blake had pretty great games this years, especially after the bye week. Were games that he was really confident, stepping up on the pocket, throwing right on the money, but his last 2 games (TEN and BUF), I saw that nervous and poor 2016 Bortles. The guy just couldn't chill out, looked like a rookie, shaky, throwing awful checkdowns (he is usually bad on these throws, though), if he not went full 'White Vick' in the 2nd half, maybe the Bills could have a better luck...
But we can blame the OC, Nathaniel Hackett, that can't make back-to-back games with good playcalling, and the WRs weren't getting that much of separation to try more deep plays.
If Bortles chill out and bring back the confidence of the Seahawks or Texans game, I can really see a W against PIT and a big game against the Pats. And maybe, finally, a Franchise QB on Blake...

I agree with everything you wrote... except I think we all know what Bortles is now. Yes he has had some nice games, but he gets so rattled and can't make even the simplest throws. I don't know how many times he either air-mailed passes or threw at the receivers feet. Even on the touchdown pass he was late. I do think, however, that Sacksonville can beat the Stillers (especially if they adopt a Tebow-ish gameplan), but no way do they get past Pats.

Also, Blake will be gone from the Jags this off-season, and Coughlin will take a long, hard look at bringing in Eli as a 2-year bridge QB.

Postby sweet860 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:09 am

Brytestar wrote:
sweet860 wrote:I think you Lions fans are going to be very happy with Patricia as your Head Coach. And the Pistons are a fun team for once! Definitely sad to see Avery Bradley go this off-season, but he's been great for you guys

Also *barfs at thought of watching Pro Bowl*

I just found out BUT it’s not official not a done deal. According to the local media here in Detroit. Like Pro Bowl has at least one Lion going otherwise I’ll pass on it. No stock in the playoffs maybe Minnesota but I don’t know....

It's a done deal. Everyone here in New England knows he is gone, same with McDaniels.

And I'm personally pulling for a Vikings Patriots Bowl, that would be a great game.

Postby ChocolateKeys » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:34 pm

English isn't my first language (and still isn't a second...). So, if i commit some mistake, PLEASE inform me.

Postby sweet860 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:27 am

youtu.be/BVWLPfEssrg

Best couple of games I've seen in a long time. Congrats Jags and Vikings fans.

Postby Brytestar » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:28 pm

Now this is going to get interesting.
Sometimes you just gotta look at the Bryte side!

Postby ChocolateKeys » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:24 pm

Seeing Bortles crying in the sidelines hurts man...

Previous

Return to Off Topic