I, Candy updates

If you own an ASFR related site let your fans know about your updates by posting a detailed description of your changes or new additions.

I, Candy updates

Postby fection » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:35 am

Hi there.
I've had a couple messages asking for an update on an animation ('I, Candy') I've been working on, so I thought I'd update here.
All I can say really is that work is continuing. I've added another couple shots recently but I'm still not sure when it will be finished, sorry. Partly due to available time and (unfortunately) partly due to motivation, progress has been slow, but it is getting there. I'm not going to give an estimate for when it might be finished as I think doing so might ironically cause me to miss the deadline.
But rest assured, work continues! I really appreciate people taking an interest.
fection.

Re: I, Candy updates

Postby MalcfunctionCrazyfor » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:25 pm

Thanks a ton Fection for the update. I'm not gonna lie, I was one of those people wondering what had happened to you.
Believe me, there's a lot of people interested in your work. Happy to know you're okay though!

Don't lose that motivation!

Postby D.Olivaw » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:22 am

Thanks for the update! I, ahem, understand exactly what it's like to miss self-imposed deadlines for contributions to FC, even if nothing I've done comes close to your incredible animations. The creative impulse can be fickle, and the will to put a few hours of work into a hobby project after getting home from a full (or more than full) day of work-work can be even more fickle. Don't think that anyone here will be irked or unhappy at having to wait that extra day/week/month that it takes you to make something really good; I think we're all too thrilled to have an artist of your caliber in this community to worry much about that kind of thing.

Incidentally, I've noticed that you seem to be using voice-actors in your most recent works instead of the old text-to-speech approach. I'm curious, are these members of the community, professionals you pay to perform the parts, or perhaps something else?
"So through endless twilights I dreamed and waited, though I knew not what I waited for. Then in the shadowy solitude my longing for light grew so frantic that I could rest no more, and I lifted entreating hands to the single black ruined tower that reached above the forest into the unknown outer sky. And at last I resolved to scale that tower, fall though I might; since it were better to glimpse the sky and perish, than to live without ever beholding day. " – H. P. Lovecraft

Postby wjbaines » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:01 pm

I just wanted to chime in to second D.Olivow's sentiments exactly!

Postby wjbaines » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:38 pm

Also -- and I gently suggest this with a great deal of circumspection -- if it would not be burdensome, but maybe even as a boon to your creative process, could you perhaps outline in text what the basic storyboard is for the "I, Candy" piece? Or perhaps just flesh out more of the premise for us? I'm dying to know, but there's no need to spoil any details (unless you really want to indulge us). I get that there's some kind of confrontation between the Candybot and the ex-girlfriend -- a re-match, or a different robot altogether? And the setting is Candybot washing a car... Is it the standing in water thing again, or is there a twist? Certainly there are more elements involved... The imagination reels. This setup certainly leaves a lot of scope for the action.

Obnoxiously relentless inquisitive minds cry out for elaboration!

Postby D.Olivaw » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:23 am

wjbaines wrote:Is it the standing in water thing again...?

I think this is unlikely, at least. In the images Fection posted the soles of her shoes/feet seem to be sealed, in contrast to the charge-ports Chantelle 990 had. There's also that she's washing a car outdoors in the first place; in a narrative sense, almost flaunting that she's immune to the cause of her predecessor's demise.
"So through endless twilights I dreamed and waited, though I knew not what I waited for. Then in the shadowy solitude my longing for light grew so frantic that I could rest no more, and I lifted entreating hands to the single black ruined tower that reached above the forest into the unknown outer sky. And at last I resolved to scale that tower, fall though I might; since it were better to glimpse the sky and perish, than to live without ever beholding day. " – H. P. Lovecraft

Postby wjbaines » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:49 pm

Yes, this seems like sound speculation! I also noticed that the skin tone on the robot character was different, suggesting that this is not a refurbished re-match, but a different robot entirely. A newer model!

Postby fection » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:40 pm

Well, I hope this doesn't spoil anything for anyone, but I can confirm that the 'I, Candy' fembot is a brand new Candy 1090. She has a slightly southern accent, as suggested by the voicing talent who, I would describe as 'something else'.
I can also confirm the return of everyone's favourite MacGuffin, The Cardboard Box.

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Robotman » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:51 am

Hooray for Cardboard Box!

Postby KinoLangDanzel » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:19 pm

All hail the Cardboard Box! :thumbsup:
My Friend: "There are 2 kinds of people in the world, those who suck and those who don't suck. You, my friend, suck."
Me: *puts on sunglasses* "And you swallow."
YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

-Avatar made by Battery. Thanks, friend :thumbsup:

Next

Return to Updates