Do you want page-view counters on FembotWiki?

If you own an ASFR related site let your fans know about your updates by posting a detailed description of your changes or new additions.

Poll ended at Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:38 pm

Yes
55%
No
45%

Total votes : 22

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Robotman » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:38 pm

To Quote Diana Knight:
Diana Knight wrote:but one of the main things that I'm seeing as a factor in slowing down the Wiki is indeed the page counters. So,.. you will have to tell me if you want a page counter installed. If so,. then you may just have to be a little patient with the pages while they load. It's up to you guys.

So this will be a tradeoff between fast page loading times and being able to see how many times a page has been visited. I'll leave the poll up for a week or until a clear choice emerges.

Re: Do you want page-view counters on FembotWiki?

Postby Spaz » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:21 pm

I too used to find the page view counter useful, but I don't think it's useful enough to justify slowing down page speed. It gives the wiki a decrepit and broken appearance.
“Sometimes we strive so hard for perfection that we forget that imperfection is happiness” - Karen Nave

Check out my stories: http://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz#My_stories

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles - Season Two (In Development)

Postby 33cl33 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:46 am

Battery, your image-based reply game is always on point :-)

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Robotman » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:04 pm

Lol. :lol:

As the results of the poll indicate, we will try to install a page counter extension and see how it goes.

Postby Spaz » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:20 pm

Wow, lol.

Let's just see if the page view counter I tipped them in on works before you celebrate Battery. :wink:
“Sometimes we strive so hard for perfection that we forget that imperfection is happiness” - Karen Nave

Check out my stories: http://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz#My_stories

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles - Season Two (In Development)

Next

Return to Updates