More language?

Post your suggestions and comments about Fembot Central.
Deep Blue

More language?

Post by Deep Blue » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:50 pm

The FC's members come from so many places, speak different language. Should we build up boards that with other languages?

Also, when will we upload photos to the board again?

Deep Blue

Re: More language?

Post by Deep Blue » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:56 am

As far as I know, the staff members here only speak English. it would be beyond impractical to expect us to be able to administer one - let alone many - similar message boards in languages we do not understand.
Do you have some suggestion? :?

gynoneko
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Cyborg

Post by gynoneko » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:59 am

I suggest that is there is enough interest into an alternative languages for ASFR content and users, maybe a site should be made for one or two of the more popular languages, and linked to from here. However, English is a widely spoken language, and has started to be recognized in every country around the world. I would suggest that we remain as we are unless there is enough need to make another site. So far we've done well here with just English. Adding another site will only separate content that users might be looking for.
My heart and soul locked up in a cold steel frame
- Brian May

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:30 am

suggestions?...maybe allowing... stories in other languages to be posted in the story archive? i want to learn chinese anyway.
Aranea told me something like there was an international mini board thingy here in the past.

Saya
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Post by Saya » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:35 pm

The biggest problem I see with it, other than what Robotman stated, is the fact that this is a majority English-language site. It's not to say that we should not accept non-English speakers or those to whom English is a second language, but creating separate boards also tends to create self-segregation. I have been on a few sites that were "multi-language" and the different language boards basically become separate sites with only two or four members. People will invariably isolate themselves among others who speak the same language and those who do not speak it will feel left out, especially if they share language-exclusive content (imagine the English board trying to figure out what the Japanese board was posting, and vice-versa).

I think that if we get a large majority of people who speak the same non-English language, then it might be a good idea. But I think a better idea would be for those people to create a separate site that is related to our own, akin to Shiro-Chan's site. That way, people have the option of joining both sites.
"If the time should ever come when what is now called science, thus familiarized to men, shall be ready to put on, as it were, a form of flesh and blood, the Poet will lend his divine spirit to aid the transfiguration, and will welcome the Being thus produced, as a dear and genuine inmate of the household of man."
- William Wordsworth