Accessing FC on A Windows Vista Computer

Post your suggestions and comments about Fembot Central.

Accessing FC on A Windows Vista Computer

Postby Gorgo » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:27 am

To all those keeping this site going,

For the last several months (I can't remember exactly when), I've been having the devil's own time trying to log into FC so I could make comment on whatever struck my fancy. At first, I thought it was a simple glitch in the system, but for some reason, I can't log into FC on my laptop, which has Vista as its OS. It's come to the point where I have to go use my landlord's computer (which, truthfully, I would prefer not to do) since it has XP on it.

Is there some way to fix this problem?
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. warship approaching it: This is a lighthouse; your call.

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Robotman » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:26 am

VISTA:
Viruses, Infection, Spyware, Trojans, Adware.
:P
Seriously though, I've heard mostly bad things about Vista. Some of those bad things are about the way Internet Explorer works under Vista... Many websites just wouldn't work properly with IE/Vista when it was released.
Have you tried another browser? Firefox is, imho, far better than IE, and more secure and fully-featured. It's open source, so it's totally free. You can get plugins that hide annoying ads too, and plugins that allow you to get video files from sites like YouTube. Your problems might just vanish if you switched to a different browser.
Of course, I'd recommend getting rid of Vista and downgrading (upgrading?) to XP, or installing Ubuntu Linux over it all. :P

Return to Comments