A suggestion regarding FTP servers

Post your suggestions and comments about Fembot Central.
ehy
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

A suggestion regarding FTP servers

Post by ehy » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:26 am

I've noticed that the instructions on how to access FTP servers seem to always come bit by bit over the course of a long thread where people who don't really understand FTP ask question after question and gradually elicit all the necessary answers in a thread that grows to pages and pages as people ask the same questions over and over.

May I respectfully suggest a sticky post in the File Sharing forum, listing ALL of the relevant information in a SINGLE post for each FTP server , with commenting disabled, edited by the owner of the server when things change? Perhaps this will reduce the need for each would-be user to write their own "How do I access the server?" post.

noidguy
Retired staff member

Re: A suggestion regarding FTP servers

Post by noidguy » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:34 am

ehy wrote:I've noticed that the instructions on how to access FTP servers seem to always come bit by bit over the course of a long thread where people who don't really understand FTP ask question after question and gradually elicit all the necessary answers in a thread that grows to pages and pages as people ask the same questions over and over.

May I respectfully suggest a sticky post in the File Sharing forum, listing ALL of the relevant information in a SINGLE post for each FTP server , with commenting disabled, edited by the owner of the server when things change? Perhaps this will reduce the need for each would-be user to write their own "How do I access the server?" post.
Excellent idea, but no matter how much explanation is given people still seem to have problems. We'll work on it.